Buying a vehicle (new, leased, or used)

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Buying a vehicle (new, leased, or used)

Post by Atomic Punk »

So, I see people buy various types of vehicles (electric, hybrid, diesel, gas... to name a few) for various reasons.

Would you buy a good used/pre-owned or a brand new vehicle when the value of new resale value goes way down?
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Re: Buying a vehicle (new, leased, or used)

Post by Atomic Punk »

BTW, I've turned on the "Auto-Tard" function for: Screwey, mtoolio, Pedo, Cuda, etc.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Hey, your resale value is basically that of a fart stain on a bag lady's underwear.....HELLO

WW
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Certainly in size...you total dial tone...just hang up...

I'm not gettin' 40,000 on my radials...
Before God was, I am
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

The only used car I ever purchased was my first---1955 Chevy in 1961. From 1963 on I have bought only new cars. Most lasted 5 years. The one I have now in 2010 which I hope is the last car I ever have to buy. To each his own.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

The Seaters buy cars, we don't lease them. Leasing never made sense to me because we don't get a new car every couple of years. On top of that I have never seen a 0% intrest lease.

Our last three vehicles have been Lincoln SUVs. All three have had zero percent financing, which is still available.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:From 1963 on I have bought only new cars. Most lasted 5 years. The one I have now in 2010 which I hope is the last car I ever have to buy.
Not expecting a good 2015?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
molly
Elwood

Post by molly »

I was going to buy an Audi or a Tesla but choose to wait for my car to die naturally.

I was considering buying a 1-yr old one used to save a lot of cash. Although I can't imagine there are preowned Teslas. Or maybe a used Panamera ooooooh. Or a house. I should probably buy a house. /ramble
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Hey Bri. This is SW Florida. A car should just about last forever w/o winter and the cancer it causes to cars back in CNY. Used car dealers tout "southern/Florida" cars that have never seen a winter.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Atomic Punk wrote:BTW, I've turned on the "Auto-Tard" function for: Screwey, mtoolio, Pedo, Cuda, etc.
Rack me
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

Atomic Punk wrote: the "Auto-Tard" function
The only auto-tard around here is you pal. And that ain't about cars.
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

The reason I asked is that I bought a 2010 Chevy Cobalt just for work as finding parking near the hospital is tough, plus some people aren't very good at parallel parking and ding other cars. So it gets really good mileage but has poor visibility and if in a serious accident, I'm toast.

I've always had a Ford F-150 or a Chevy/GMC pickup since graduating college. However, finding parking space in one of those is a waste of time. Since the Cobalt is paid off, I would like to get a good truck again as my main vehicle. I was told the F-250 Diesels, etc. are tough due to the suspension unless you are hauling a heavy trailer. That makes sense. Now a few of you explained the leasing option and it isn't for me from the descriptions.

What sounds better is not buying a brand new truck, but get a good used one and worry about dings and dents that always happen to it when you're not there to see who did it. I like the idea of getting a gas 4x4 but gas mileage versus how often am I going to need it is an issue. I've never had a problem with the 2x4 with extended or super cabs.

BTW, if you're wondering why I added a pre-strike comment after my topic, it's because some dickhead loser would take a shot. The guy that asked me in private how I would attack a certain poster from the U&L. I told the well-known nutsacker... "Good luck with that."
Imus/You-Know-Who wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote: the "Auto-Tard" function
The only auto-tard around here is you pal. And that ain't about cars.
Image = Image

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Atomic Punk wrote: Image = Image
Wrong.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:I leased one car. I hated it. The fear of going over on the mileage was just a gay little feeling I didn't want.
Leases work for businesses because they can write off the depreciation. They make little to no sense for individuals.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:I leased one car. I hated it. The fear of going over on the mileage was just a gay little feeling I didn't want.
Leases work for businesses because they can write off the depreciation. They make little to no sense for individuals.
Don't paint with a wide brush.
I travel by plane nearly weekly. I use my car for travel to the airport and errands when I'm home. Leasing works for me.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Hey, your resale value is basically that of a fart stain on a bag lady's underwear.....HELLO

WW
I don't think I've ever taken on this shit troll in a serious manner. So why does "it" go out of character now after all of these years?

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You overthink this shit, numbnuts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Been rolling around in a Charger SXT the past 5-6 days. I am starting to take a liking to it. The 3.6 liter V-6 and 42 speed auto is a nice combo. It gets up and gits pretty well and despite my flogging it a good bit of the time, the dealio on the dash says I am getting about 28 mpg. Keep the cruise set at 75 and it gets around 31 mpg. At 75 mph it turns about 1700 rpm. And for a fukking barge, it handles very nicely. Whittle it down to about 3/4 scale and give it a nice 6 speed stick and I would be interested in buying one.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

Atomic Punk wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Hey, your resale value is basically that of a fart stain on a bag lady's underwear.....HELLO

WW
I don't think I've ever taken on this shit troll in a serious manner. So why does "it" go out of character now after all of these years?
Try to be mellow man, it's no big deal. Rack you for wanting to tell us all about your new car dreams.
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.