What did this election teach us?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Old God fearing racist gun toting coots vote every year, not just Presidential elections.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: What did this election teach us?

Post by R-Jack »

And in other news.........water is wet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Why do you idiots keep thinking old=Republican and young=Democrat as if there are no old dems or young reps?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Ace
Elwood

Post by Ace »

BSmack wrote:Old God fearing racist gun toting coots vote every year, not just Presidential elections.

Yep
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Why, the "Tea Party" is obviously racist, sexist, and maybe a few others -ists (hello to senators elect Tim Scott and Joni Ernst). Now to see if the GOP actually does what the voters want.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:Now to see if the GOP actually does what the voters want.
They could stat by legalizing weed. It is what they want and it will crater younger voter interest. A win-win.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

BSmack wrote:
They could stat by legalizing weed.
"Yeah...sure. ~chuckle~"

Sincerely, Big Pharma Lobbyists
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

That valve is still working? Ponderous...
Go Bucs, Gators
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Because the government still highly regulates who can grow/sell it.

It should be about as expensive as tobacco. It should be legal and the gov should tax the crap out of it. Put a portion of the tax receipts into drug treatment programs.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

schmick wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Wolfman wrote:Now to see if the GOP actually does what the voters want.
They could stat by legalizing weed. It is what they want and it will crater younger voter interest. A win-win.

what I dont understand is in the states where they have legalized weed, why does it still cost like it is illegal? If its legal it shouldnt cost more than tomatoes, roses, tobacco, cotton or any other cash crop and the shit is still selling for more than 2 grand a pound, If tax payers took away the burden of it being a crime to grow the stuff, why are the growers still charging like they had to smuggle it in in their asshole?
At least here in WA it's a case of supply & demand. At least in the Seattle area the shops haven't been able to keep up with the demand. People are having to drive up to Bellingham (nearly a 2 hour drive) in order to buy the stuff.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:Old God fearing racist gun toting coots vote every year, not just Presidential elections.
It's not just people over 60 who vote every in every election. And it's not about racist rednecks who own guns. Many younger voters start out as idealistic fools, intent on changing the world. By the time they reach 30 or maybe 40, the 'real' world has beaten that idealism out of them and it's about paying the mortgage and hopefully saving for retirement. Not "hope and change", they aren't changing shit and the only hope they have is for either getting or keeping a decent job.

As for the first bill they shove under Obama's nose, it won't be legalizing weed. That's a non-starter on a nationwide scale. It's a state issue anyway.

It'll be the Keystone XL pipeline, the lowest hanging fruit and a no-brainer. Then they move on from there, gradually upping the ante.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Here's what is going on in Florida. A dose of reality, perhaps?

http://www.news-press.com/story/opinion ... /18414469/
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

schmick wrote: If its legal it shouldnt cost more than tomatoes, roses, tobacco, cotton or any other cash crop and the shit is still selling for more than 2 grand a pound, If tax payers took away the burden of it being a crime to grow the stuff, why are the growers still charging like they had to smuggle it in in their asshole?
For starters, trim a pound of weed and get back to me.
That and Wickard.

Oh and roses are not two bucks a pound.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote:

what I dont understand is in the states where they have legalized weed, why does it still cost like it is illegal? If its legal it shouldnt cost more than tomatoes, roses, tobacco, cotton or any other cash crop and the shit is still selling for more than 2 grand a pound, If tax payers took away the burden of it being a crime to grow the stuff, why are the growers still charging like they had to smuggle it in in their asshole?

Simple answer. IRS.

They tax the shit out of it and the shops are unable to tke any standard business deductions. Pot shops in CO are looking at an 80% effective tax rate.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
molly
Elwood

Post by molly »

Hipsters and millennial could be the # that changes things and they're the ones that bitxh so much yet they take no action and don't vote. Not sure other places but it's hella easy to vote here. I voted a month ago, in a bubble bath.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Left Seater wrote:
schmick wrote:

Simple answer. IRS.

They tax the shit out of it and the shops are unable to tke any standard business deductions. Pot shops in CO are looking at an 80% effective tax rate.
And of course the growers and owners risk their freedom should the feds change policy.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

schmick wrote:She made it seem like it was something that some biker hasnt been doing in an old single wide trailer in Hesperia while he sleeps 18 hours a day.
It's all about supply and command...

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

If some kid wants to grow dope, they can come talk to me, instead of growing dope 6 or 7 times through denial and error, they're going to get it right the first time and have some good dope. ~ Ricky

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Smokes, let's go.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

what this thread has taught me:

T1B stoners are more concerned about getting wasted than they are election results or the consequences thereof.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

War Wagon wrote:what this thread has taught me:

T1B stoners are more concerned about getting wasted than they are election results or the consequences thereof.
:?

Have another cigarette, loser.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:what this thread has taught me:

Listen, pretend you're on mushrooms, alright? Just go with it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Tell me, what is so fantastic about weed? Lots of people seem to partake.
molly
Elwood

Post by molly »

trev wrote:Tell me, what is so fantastic about weed? Lots of people seem to partake.
I started eating some thc chocolate on my kid free nights aS it takes all my knee pain away (sprained) and I sleep until the morning and don't wake up all icky like i do when I take the Percocet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:It should be legal and the gov should tax the crap out of it.

When Washington was hashing out the details of their law, an idiotic state senator (never guess which letter he was) spouted the same complete stupidity you just did.

A little more intelligent senator from the other side of the aisle pointed out that it was well over a 1 billion dollar industry in the state in the black market before it was legal.

So, care to back up and take another run, and maybe try to mix in a bit of intelligence, and maybe some of the stuff your history and economics teachers did such a piss-poor job of trying to school you in?

Oregon just raised the legalization bar a notch -- while it's a stupid law I wasn't in favor of, since it puts the state-run-mafia in charge (the OLCC runs the booze and gambling)... we can now grow our own. I think they want people to get a permit, but I doubt many people will. It has the potential to become a free-for-all.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:That's a non-starter on a nationwide scale. It's a state issue anyway.
Uhm... no (as MS already pointed out, and even gave the shitty precedent as to why).

Every state legalization law, including medical, could be thrown out, should someone care to pursue it, since they're all unconstitutional. Hence the need for Congress to change federal laws.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Moving Sale wrote: For starters, trim a pound of weed and get back to me.

What he said.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

trev wrote:Tell me, what is so fantastic about weed? Lots of people seem to partake.
Taking the stick out of your ass first would probably be a good start.
Ace
Elwood

Post by Ace »

molly wrote:Hipsters and millennial could be the # that changes things.
The youth have always been relied upon as the agents of change. Then they grow up, gain responsibilities, and see life throw the eyes of grown ups
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

What did this erection teach us?

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

:-|
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:

What he said.
:meds:

Try harvesting a pound of saffron and check back in. Pot prices are ridiculously inflated. No two ways about it. Pot is not hard to grow, doesn't take any specialized equipment is not particularly labor intensive.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

molly wrote:I started eating some thc chocolate on my kid free nights aS it takes all my knee pain away (sprained) and I sleep until the morning and don't wake up all icky like i do when I take the Percocet.

Ah Percocet :cry:

~ Shrubber

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

That the pollsters really have no clue as to what they are doing. Most polls from "respected" sources, see networks, have a margin of error of a maximum of 4% points. Most of these polls were way off from their MOE, and damn near all of them overstated Democratic votes.

One DNC mouthpiece even went so far as to "blame" overstated polls as the reason so many Dems lost. :lol:
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Breaker, breaker, come in Earth, this is rocketship 27, aliens fucked over the carbonator on engine number four, I'm gonna try and refuckulate it, and land on Juniper, hopefully you got some space weed, over.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

What he said.

Pot prices are ridiculously inflated. No two ways about it. Pot is not hard to grow, doesn't take any specialized equipment is not particularly labor intensive.

Yes and no. Apparently, some people think it grows itself, and there's no related expenses. And the original commenter on this lives in California, where electricity costs about triple (?) what it does here.

I know a couple of people who grow for a living (grossly abusing the medical law). They certainly aren't getting filthy rich (the one who does pretty well uses enough electricity to power an African country).

But legalization, especially under our new ballot measure will likely cause prices to plummet, since there will be 4 plants in just about every house/backyard. Creating an alternative to the retail market should have a profound effect on prices across the board...

but we'll see (in a year or two). The state will figure out a way to extract their pound ton of flesh, one way or another.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

BSmack wrote:racist

San Diego?
I think he meant to say, "Welcome Anthony from Council Bluffs."
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

Weed has helped me cope with my ptsd symptoms for 40 years and most of those years I didn't even realize it was good for me. A .25 browning auto in my night stand and a .357 mag nearby makes me feel good too. I live alone and getting old. Criminals don't give a shit about gun laws so why should I?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You bring up a good point, barf. My stepdad was a lifelong alkie back in the early 70s he became a pothead and was far better off smoking a joint after work than drinking a case of miller. I never really thought of the PTSD possibility. But dude was a WWII paratrooper. Joined at 17. Got shot up a time or two so yeah I'll bet he did have a bit of PTSD going on. Rack him and you and all the combat vets out there and full the assholes that would throw them in jail.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.