SEC and New Orleans Birthday PET

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

SEC and New Orleans Birthday PET

Post by Left Seater »

This past weekend I became a man in at least Mike Gundy's eyes. On top of that my wife and I were trying to land a new account for the business and we were all set to meet them in KC to discuss. I had reached out to KC Scott for restaurant recommendations and suggestions and he had us all hooked up. Then at the last minute the potential clients changed their schedule and were in ATL. We met them there instead. We closed that deal which made a good b-day present. The wife had to be in New Orleans for a convention starting today (Tues) so we decided to head over on Saturday. Turns out tickets were still available for the LSU vs Ole Miss game so we bought two and flew into Baton Rouge Saturday around 1:30pm. (Damn you Delta where is my stuff) Then after the game we drove into New Orleans. I left last night and the wife is now doing the convention thing.

Walking up to the stadium to pick up our tickets about 3:30.

Mike the Tiger's enclosure with the Basketball arena in the background

Best photo we could get of Mike

Some Shaq guy

People milling about and a tree

Tailgating. We hung out with some fine folks from Houston who were flying the flag in the background.

View of BTR from stadium. We were in the 600 level. We should have just purchased tickets around the stadium as plenty of excellent seats went unused.

Pregame band geeks

Kickoff

Great game overall, good win for LSU. Fans were great to us as well. Horrible call by the HL early in the game with his inadvertent whistle. WTF?

Sunday morning we rented bikes near Audubon Park and rode out about 14 miles and we passed close to the airport.

Then we went to have lunch at Acme Oyster house where there is always a line.

Then it was time for a cocktail at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop.

For those of you who put sugar in your tea or coffee at a restaurant, good chance it comes from here.

Pre dinner drink in the JW Marriott club lounge over looking the French Quarter.

Dinner was at one of my top 5 all time favorite places.

After dinner we sat in the courtyard at Pat's and watched part of the Saints game with lots of locals.

Monday morning while out for a jog I saw what was left of a fire on Royal street.

FD was still spaying water on it to ensure it was out.

All in all a good birthday weekend. Scott I still owe you a drink sometime when I am in KC. I think Jsc forgot about me so we had no local knowledge of BTR but still had a blast. One thing though about BTR and LSU game days, worst traffic ever!!!!
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Ace
Elwood

Re: SEC and New Orleans Birthday PET

Post by Ace »

Well done.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Jsc810 wrote:I have been on a lot of pain meds over the past week but still that's no excuse...
"I'm not sure sure about that...hmmm...let me think about it for a bit..."

Sincerely, RtS
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Jsc810 wrote:I sure as hell did forget, damnit! I have been on a lot of pain meds over the past week but still that's no excuse, I simply forgot and I sincerely apologize. It does look like y'all had a good time, I wish I could have met you and your wife and bought drinks for y'all. Again I'm sorry.

No worries. Figured life got busy.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Delaware Dave
Jake

Post by Delaware Dave »

Awesome PET!! I was there, we were on the other side right at the top right of your pic

Great game, I didn't have a dog in the fight really just wanted to enjoy the game. Sad thing is we were walking out the tunnel down by the south endzone at the bottom of the stadium and looked up and underneath the upperdeck you were sitting they were doing CPR and heard later that he did in fact die.
I hope my man was an LSU fan and he got to at least enjoy the victory before he died.
War Wagon wrote:Just what we need, another Dave around here.

Welcome, I guess.