I'm glad nobody's talking about KU

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

joe6pac
Elwood

I'm glad nobody's talking about KU

Post by joe6pac »

Man are they the quietest no 2 team in the country? Maybe when they are playing in St. Loius in a couple of months people will take notice. KU has a very good chance to run the table in the Big VII and make a run at the title. They remind me of the Pat's, someone off the bench goes out and get's it done when someone else is out with an injury. Bill Self has got a hell of a team this year.
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: I'm glad nobody's talking about KU

Post by Bizzarofelice »

joe6pac wrote: St. Loius
Pat's

KU grad?
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

with honors, no less.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

WAR COREY TATE FROM THE FREE THROW LINE!
Tiberious
Resident Bookie

Post by Tiberious »

Bill Self has done a good job maintaining the program after Roy Williams left it to him. I have KU in the Final Four this year with UNC, Kentucky and Georgia Tech.
You know who I am.

Make the world a better place, punch Urban Meyer in the face.
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

I don't think Bill Self has ever "maintained" anything, he just improves everything he gets his hands on. I saw that in Tulsa when he was here. The guy has a way of getting players to squeeze out every single bit of basketball potential they have in them, and do it in a way that helps the team. With the talent at KU and his coaching ability, I would not be surprised at all to see them win it all this year.

Who knows what that is that certain coaches do that bring out the absolute best in the right situations? I don't know what it is, but Self seems to have it.

As far as the team I follow, they have a coach in Eddie Sutton who probably knows more than most people have forgotten about basketball, but as a team have several players who are underachieving at a critical time in the season. The team as a whole can't put together a full 40 minute game, and their record at this time is good just because they have beaten teams they haven't had to play hard for a whole game.

I'm thinking OSU will have to do one of those practices with football pads on again before they meet up with KU, because right now they are not even playing like they want the ball, much less playing to repeat as a Big 12 Champs.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Tiberious wrote:Bill Self has done a good job maintaining the program after Roy Williams left it to him.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Dumbass.

The role players that are sealing the deal with bench depth in the KU wins this year are all players that Bill Self recruited.

JR Giddens was supposed to be a stud from the last crop of Roy Recruits, but he is consistently choking under pressure this year.

Enter Alex Galindo, who can hit the three in the clutch.

Self doesn't coddle his players when they're playing like shit like Roy did... and Giddens will sit when his head can't be removed from his ass.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

JR Giddens was supposed to be a stud from the last crop of Roy Recruits, but he is consistently choking under pressure this year.
good to hear. Giddens looked like four years of pain to Tiger fans.
Enter Alex Galindo, who can hit the three in the clutch.
The Antlers could get a good "Rudy" chant going with him... that is if the Antlers weren't a castrated bunch of wusses.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Bacefelice wrote:
good to hear. Giddens looked like four years of pain to Tiger fans.
Might still, if he gets his head right.