Nominations for worst Radio Broadcasters...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Nominations for worst Radio Broadcasters...

Post by Left Seater »

Figured it was time to decide on the worst radio broadcaster so we can all then tune in this season to enjoy the awful.

Instead of just going with the War Wagon QT declaration let's make nominations and provide clips to support our nominee. It is open to any football radio broadcaster. But I would think we would be pretty easy on HS guys who are just learning, but who knows.

I will kick this off with Dave South, radio voice of Your Fightin Texas Aggies. Dude has been behind the mic of Aggie sports for over 23 years. Dude is so full of himself that he now travels with the team on the charter flights instead of staying and doing a full post game show. Amazingly South minored in Speech in college. He is so bad that Aggies are constantly calling for his removal.

Enjoy:

*Sam you may not want to watch or listen to this one.

https://soundcloud.com/learfield-sports/the
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Nominations for worst Radio Broadcasters...

Post by King Crimson »

no clips but the late Sooner man Bob Barry, Senior was pretty bad at the end. great guy by all accounts, but a constant source of humor on Sooner boards. and he was terrible for basketball. game just moved too fast for him. a lot of "shot off the heel of the rim no good.....[silence].....crowd cheers...."and a layup at the other end". wha? he was also good for a "Sooners drop back into a man to man or some kind of zone defense" every game or so. again, wha?

the Nebraska guys are so homer it's insane. i get the NU radio here in Colorado and listen from time to time if the game is close. and it's pretty bad. Bugeater sunshine 24/7. every NU player is "one of the best in the nation". but everything Nebraska about Nebraska has a strong Pravda about it. it's just their thing. no instate competition or big media market to check the home team forever gushing. Jim Rose i think is the play by play guy's name.

edit: i remember they even used to make fun of Dave South on texags....though the aggies seem to have lost sense of humor about themselves since they beat Alabama that one time and are now the savior messiah of the SEC Brand in the Great State of Texas....and at Bob Wheeler's longhorn fanzone.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Former scUM PBP guy and all-around jerkoff Frank Beckmann. Fortunately, he just retired, but I would nominate him.

This year's scUM radio call with Brandstatter (who I like) doing PBP will be god awful.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Yeah, cuz Blaha is pure genius. :lol:
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

WolverineSteve wrote:Yeah, cuz Blaha is pure genius. :lol:
I don't give two shutyomouth fucks about Blaha.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

And the hoops guy....Gus? That guy is brutal! "He got it!!"
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Blaha is quite good and has won multiple awards. Will Tieman is about as bad as it gets (MSU basketball).

Brandfatter is okay. He does a better job on Lions broadcasts.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Blaha is quite good and has won multiple awards. Will Tieman is about as bad as it gets (MSU basketball).

Brandfatter is okay. He does a better job on Lions broadcasts.
Brandy is ok at color, I don get him moving over to PBP. Dierdorf should be fine at color.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Don Criqui and Allen Pinkett have to be the worst combo in the country. Tony Roberts was awesome, until he decided he didn't want to memorize players names or give the down and distance.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Killian wrote:Don Criqui and Allen Pinkett have to be the worst combo in the country. Tony Roberts was awesome, until he decided he didn't want to memorize players names or give the down and distance.
i liked tony roberts even though his ND's ism were a bit much. "AND IT"S A TWO YARD GAIN FOR THE IRISH!!!!". 2nd and 8 for Notre Dame and the universe is tilting off the celestial axis. but, that was his gig.

the down and distance thing blows my mind. a lot of radio guys seem to keep it a secret. it's most important thing for an audio only narrative....
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"