Might have to pony up

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Might have to pony up

Post by Dinsdale »

PORTLAND, Ore. - From the makers of Portland’s best-loved non-microbrew brew comes word that the Zidell Yards will host a festival featuring a bevy of great indie bands.

Pabst Brewing Co. revealed yesterday that the first Project Pabst event is set to take place between Sept. 26 and 28 at Zidell Yards and, in a series of night shows, at several Portland venues.

Superfly, which produces the Bonaroo festival and other events, is working on the Pabst Project.

The Zidell Yards, the site of one of Portland’s major riverfront redevelopments, will host two stages that will feature such bands as Modest Mouse, Tears For Fears, The Violent Femmes, GZA and Rocket From the Crypt.

A series of night shows will host Guided By Voices, along with Constantines and Menomena.

Tickets went on sale Tuesday at the Project Pabst website. One dollar from every ticket will go to the Jeremy Wilson Foundation, which provides financial assistance to musicians who are facing medical emergencies.

Pabst officials, in announcing the event, called it a love letter to Portland.

“We may have been established in Milwaukee in 1844, but it was in Portland that Pabst was reborn,” the company wrote.

“The company wanted to do something for the city that has embraced it and has never wavered in its support,” said Pabst Brewing Company’s CMO Dan McHugh in a release.

The Zidell team has sought to make its 30 South Waterfront acres into a community gathering spot, hosting drive-in movies among other events.

Zidell’s Matt French said the event would help cement “a dynamic neighborhood culture that will thrive as the Zidell Yards are redeveloped.”

Night shows will take place at Ash Street Saloon, the Crystal Ballroom, Dante's, Mississippi Studios and the Wonder Ballroom.
Way cool. Not sure which band(s) will play the Ash Street, since it's a glorified closet (cool place, though). I think Dante's (also supercool place, just about across the street from Ash Street) holds about 400, I think.

Heck, I've never been to the new park-thingy they're talking about, but I try to avoid South Waterfront -- mighty yuppie up in there, and there's literally nowhere to park (streetcar goes right to it, but the streetcar doesn't hold too many people... not sure they thought this one through. If I go, I'll ride a bike.).

But Modest Mouse rarely plays here, even though they live here, save for their jam sessions on Isaac's deck facing out over a park.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Might have to pony up

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Does sound pretty sweet. Rack Rip City.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Might have to pony up

Post by War Wagon »

Loves me some Modest Mouse, I do.