The #3 is baaack

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: The #3 is baaack

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Okay, I've seen enough.

schmick...that guy's not one of us. He's managed to hit every stereotype of douchebaggery imaginable. No, he's not made of flesh and blood. He's some sort of giant douchebag cyborg sent from another planet to wage war against us in the coming Douchepocalypse. We must stand our ground and fight.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

[dims]My buddy Ron Capps running 3.96.[/dims]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnfF1Y6Jt1w[/youtube]
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

schmuck wrote:
I used to take a lot of money from old dudes in domestic cars with my "rice burner"
Yeah bullshit ...whatever. Any dude worth his shit driving a muscle car would simply wave you off as the punk ass bitch you are if you wanted to run a rice wagon on the street.

None of the "old" dudes I hang out with at some evening cruise in's several times a year would even bother getting behind the wheel to go up against a rice wagon. These guys have their Chevelle's , Camaros, Mustangs, GTO's, etc..no time to waste with your ilk.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Papa Willie wrote:

You don't understand the logarithmic scale that would associate itself for the power and other variables required to make a 2 second jump between 6.5 & 4.5 seconds, do you?
Student at the LTS Math and Sciences University.

His understanding of equal and opposite reactions is clearly on a one to one ratio. Outstanding.
Derron
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

schmick wrote:
I used to take a lot of money from old dudes in domestic cars with my "sword swallowing" skills.
FTFY
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

schmick wrote:If your 8.2 liter motor can not get you down the 1/4 mile 4 times as fast as a 2.0 liter motor in a heavier car, Im not as impressed
You really are breathtakingly stupid.

You seem to think there is some sort of mathmathical ratios that apply to 1/4 times, hp and weight.

There are very, very fast civics out there, but, they are not 6 second cars. The supra you showed is a funny car. Completely different animal from any of the fwd cars you mentioned. Pretty sure that somewhere around 8 seconds is about the limit for fwd. And that is g0ddamn fast.

As for why there are no 4 second civics, it is simple physics. Extreme acceleration and fwd simply can't exist together. Something out the fact that all that acceleration kinda makes those wheels light.l

My take on the top fuel stuff is similar to what has already been expressed. The brute force involved is fukking scary. I have never been to one, but, I have a friend who has. He talked about how you don't just hear a top fuel dragster lauch, you are pretty much beaten senseless by it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

schmick wrote:But as far as motorsports go, this is the only one I will watch on TV

It is the most physical sport in the world and the Pros are washed up before they are even 30 years old.
Says who?

Sincerely,
Roger De Coster
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MX is pretty fukking crazy. A buddy of mine is a weekend warrior. He is fukking pre-historic (47) as MXers go. And yes, it definitely does take crazy levels of athletic ability, but there is one group that trumps them and pretty much everyone else on the planet in the big cahones category, it has to be motorcycle road racers. About 10 years ago, me and a buddy went up to NH for Laconia bike week. We went to Loudon to watch the road racers. Those motherfukkers have absolutely no sense of self preservation.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:there is one group that trumps them and pretty much everyone else on the planet in the big cahones category, it has to be motorcycle road racers. About 10 years ago, me and a buddy went up to NH for Laconia bike week. We went to Loudon to watch the road racers. Those motherfukkers have absolutely no sense of self preservation.

It's a fine line, but I disagree, but not by much.

I have a friend (the 2-stroke guru, who built jet ski motors for the Kawi works team and whatnot) who raced in the local arenacross when the pros came to town (and has done the Washougal Supercross, which is a big event) with the bigboys... when he was ~42. First holeshot, took a footpeg clean through his calf (which dragged a bunch of goo out with it). Wouldn't let his wife haul him to the hospital, so he stuck around and took 3rd in the whole shebang.

In my book, that translates roughly in English to "BADASS."

My old old buddy lives in San Francisco, and has been contemplating a return to bigtime track racing (Sears, Laguna), and he's 45. Says all the "newcomers" since he and his buddies retired are "inferior." His line is "been enough time I've forgotten how much it hurts to wipe at 140." I told him to go back to the teaching and photography aspect. I guess he did a Sunday Morning Ride (google it if you're not familiar), and decided he was still The Man. Time to let go, old buddy.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Sudden Sam wrote:And if you think I'm kidding about a dude cutting across 6 lanes at full-speed...I'm not. I swore then and there I'd never ride the bike thru that hellhole again.
Too bad, I was going to invite you up the next time I'm down that way. :mrgreen:

Yea. ATL traffic is murder. My parents live there and they they refuse to drive on the expressways before 9 or after 4. Only place I have seen worse is THE DISTRICT. Ask Screwey, he lives there.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

BSmack wrote:Ask Screwey, he lives there.
Really? I never knew that.

:?

Screwey, why do you keep these things a secret?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote:. The brute force involved is fukking scary. I have never been to one, but, I have a friend who has. He talked about how you don't just hear a top fuel dragster lauch, you are pretty much beaten senseless by it.
If you have not stood within 300 feet of a top fuel dragster launching, and felt the shock wave pound your chest and abdomen, you really cannot describe it. My son compared it to an IED denotation when they were on patrol in Afghanistan. He was around 3 denotations, and every one pushed a strong shock wave, which he remembered feeling at the races.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Sudden Sam wrote:At least at the Isle of Man, the stone walls are static. They don't weave around you like the idiots in Atlanta!

No, seriously, I have the utmost respect for anyone in racing of most any kind. Speed is the greatest intoxicant in the world. Wish I still had good reflexes and I'd be racing something.
I crewed with a drag boat back in 79-80. We ran it up and down the west coast. We ran a blown Chev 496 in it.

We did some work on the engine and the normal driver was off chasing pussy busy so we put it in the water and I got behind the wheel. Couple of stabs on the throttle, then I ran a quarter mile with it. 105 mph, open cockpit of course.I felt the nose start to lift a bit coming down at about 90 and got out of it. My fucking heart was going to come through my chest, and was probably beating about 170.

The nice thing about those races if you got eliminated the party was on. The boat owner had a motor home he took, and free beer for all women lifting their shirts. Some pretty wild times at Redding, Red Bluff, Sacramento, Bakersfield, Irvine, Dexter, Haystack, Lake Washinton, Chelan, Pullman
Derron
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Never been quite that fast in a boat. Did used to ride in a friend's boat that topped out about 70... which after the initial propwash, once it grabbed, took less than 2 seconds to get to 55. Better be holding on for that ride.

And 60-70 on a low profile spped boat (fuck it... any freaking boat) might as well be Warp 3. Everything is a blur at that point, and tunnelvision is in effect. Even moreso through downtown Portland.

Haulin' ass on a boat is a whole different world. I'm giggling when flying at bigtime speed in a car or motorcycle. In a boat, I'm terrified.

Papa Willie wrote:I've been chime-walking
I think the word you were looking for was "chine," the seam where the sides meet the bottom.

I'll be on a boat Thursday-BTW. Driftboat, and if we see speeds over 8-10 through rapids, a jet sled caught our anchor lineand we're going to die.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Papa Willie wrote:
schmick wrote:Been 106 on a lake in a boat and about 115 in the ocean on a boat and 115 on the ocean is way more sketch than 106 on a lake.
Well of course what you've done is better than what anybody else has done. :meds:
Is Dimsdale aware of this? :-?
9/27/22
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I used to be a fan of Indy Car back in the day (70's). Back then, many of the drivers had supersized personalities and egos to match -- guys like A.J. Foyt, Mario Andretti, Johnny Rutherford, Gordon Johncock (yeah, I just served that one up on a silver platter, but that was his real name), Al and Bobby Unser, Tom Sneva, Rick Mears, etc. And that's what made it fun. It's just not the same anymore. Time used to be that the Indy 500 was THE must-watch sporting event of Memorial Day Weekend. These days, at least for me, that's been displaced by the Final Four of the NCAA lacrosse tournament.

Never got into Neckcar, though. I guess it was a geographic thing.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I used to be a fan of Indy Car back in the day (70's). Back then, many of the drivers had supersized personalities and egos to match -- guys like A.J. Foyt, Mario Andretti, Johnny Rutherford, Gordon Johncock (yeah, I just served that one up on a silver platter, but that was his real name), Al and Bobby Unser, Tom Sneva, Rick Mears, etc. And that's what made it fun. It's just not the same anymore. Time used to be that the Indy 500 was THE must-watch sporting event of Memorial Day Weekend. These days, at least for me, that's been displaced by the Final Four of the NCAA lacrosse tournament.

Never got into Neckcar, though. I guess it was a geographic thing.
Gotta agree with Indy not being what it used to be. The early/mid 70's were like the golden age of racing for me.

Reminds me of that classic copier commercial starring Johnny Rutherford. :lol:
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Indy was huge in the 70s. Neckcar displaced it. Now no one could give a fukkk about any of it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote:Indy was huge in the 70s. Neckcar displaced it.
Starting in about 1979.

Now no one could give a fukkk about any of it.
Right, except for the 180,000 or so fans at the track and millions watching Daytona on TV right now during a rain delay, nobody gives a fuck.

A dumbass, you are and apparently always will, remain.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

War Wagon wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Indy was huge in the 70s. Neckcar displaced it.
Starting in about 1979.

Now no one could give a fukkk about any of it.
Right, except for the 180,000 or so fans at the track and millions watching Daytona on TV right now during a rain delay, nobody gives a fuck.

A dumbass, you are and apparently always will, remain.
Get back to me in a couple of months & let us know how those television ratings are working for ya.
9/27/22
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Nice 6+ hour delay for the Super Bowl of NASCAR.

One serious question for those of you that are actual fans, why don't they keep racing in the rain? Other forms of racing do it. Plus if these cars are so amazing and create so much down force, slap a few rain tires on and keep after it.

Hell, I could have won the thing in my Navigator today, even if I had to fill up at a regular pump and pay inside. I would have finished prior to the resumption of the race.

*I understand not racing in a tornado warning.*
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

yeah, maybe they could slap on some windshield wipers as well.

:meds:
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

War Wagon wrote:yeah, maybe they could slap on some windshield wipers as well.
The facade is that these are stock cars. Windshield wipers are pretty damn stock.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Schmick, I am assuming that you have no problem with that guys actions. Take it like a man, racing takes guts, etc, etc.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

got home from my bowling league (bowled like shit) in time to see the last 40 laps. Yeah, they were getting after it. Danica hit the wall head on at full speed yet walked away from it, but that looked like it had to hurt. Say what you will about her driving skills but that is one badass chick.

Really glad for Jr. getting the win. He deserved it and I don't think I've ever seen him so happy.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

[quote="Danica hit the wall head on at full speed yet walked away from it, but that looked like it had to hurt. [/quote]

I think you've hit your head, head on at full speed a fw times too many.

I have not seen the clip, but, no fukking way you can go at the wall at a 90 degree angle at 200 mph. If you could, the laws of physics more or less dictate certain and instant death. It may have looked that way, but, I suspect that actual closing speeds at the moment of impact in even the worst case are a good bit below 100 mph. The fact that these fukks walk away from such collisions is a testament to the crashworthiness of those rigs.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Honestly, it didn't look a whole lot different from the impact that killed Dale Sr.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Indy was huge in the 70s. Neckcar displaced it. Now no one could give a fukkk about any of it.
Every year I drag the wife and kid up to the middle of Vermont for Memorial Day Weekend at my brother's. There are two must watch events at the bro's house, The 600 and the NCAA Lax tournament. Sometimes we watch Monte Carlo over breakfast and occasionally Indy if it is raining and there is shit all to do that day. That's just the way it is. Ever since the CART/Indy split, open wheel in the US has shit the bed.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote:[quote="Danica hit the wall head on at full speed yet walked away from it, but that looked like it had to hurt.
I think you've hit your head, head on at full speed a fw times too many.

I have not seen the clip, but, no fukking way you can go at the wall at a 90 degree angle at 200 mph. If you could, the laws of physics more or less dictate certain and instant death. It may have looked that way, but, I suspect that actual closing speeds at the moment of impact in even the worst case are a good bit below 100 mph. The fact that these fukks walk away from such collisions is a testament to the crashworthiness of those rigs.[/quote]

If Danica hit the wall at full speed, you have this thing in your chest is is called a heart..and if you hit that hard your heart detaches itself from the aortas and you pretty much die instantly. She hit it hard, probably about 75-80 mph. That crash kills a normal person in a normal car.
Derron
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Doh-ron the mo-ron wrote:If Danica hit the wall at full speed, you have this thing in your chest is is called a heart..and if you hit that hard your heart detaches itself from the aortas and you pretty much die instantly.
How many aortas are you likely to find in the average human?

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Honestly, it didn't look a whole lot different from the impact that killed Dale Sr.
THANK YOU.

/s/
Neck Harness Manufacturers
yup.

that stupid SOB walks away from that one without a scratch if he wore all the safety equipment available at the time, like all the pussy drivers did.

Fukk him.