Michael Sam - gay

Post by kcdave »

Just when I thought the Tiger curse may be over. :doh:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... s-says-gay
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Michael Sam - gay

Post by War Wagon »

If you're a heroin addict, it's an illness.

If you're gay, it's a lifestyle choice.... or is it?

This, I did not need to know.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sam was/is a very good player and I doubt that he would have been a better player if he was heterosexual. I just heard on the news that his Mizzou teammates knew back in August, and it didn't seem to have any negative effects on the team. So what difference does it make? Props to the kid for having the guts to come out of the closet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mace wrote:Props to the kid for having the guts to come out of the closet.
Are you ready to make your announcement?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Mace wrote:So what difference does it make?
It hurts Wags's feelings.
It makes poptart even more certain that Satan is among us.

Isn't that enough to make your worry?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jsc wrote:I was born with my orientation
:?:

Infants show no sexual orientation -- aside from all sucking tit. :wink:

Choice could be too strong of a word, imo.
Orientation could also be too strong, imo.

I know Jsc says homosexual behavior is normal, based on the fact that it occurs.
In this case, an endless list of things might be said to be "normal," based on the fact that they occur -- including heroin use.

Human sex organs are clearly built for male/female relations.

Since I believe the Bible, I'll tell you that it shows us that when man originally abode with God, he had no drug problem and he had no inclination to deviate from the obvious male/female sex relation he was clearly designed for.

In fact, we see that man was completely happy, relaxed, and prosperous in his life with God.

Only upon separation from God did all manner of discontent come upon us.

Choice, orientation...

Know the root.

No, not that root, Jsc. :wink:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Jsc810 wrote:A choice?

Until you can prove there's an actual genetic property in every gay person, it's a choice. I think it's more likely that we're all predisposed to be heterosexual based on nature and the basic need to reproduce.

We all have to decide at some point in our life what we are. The world is heavily slanted towards heterosexuality but we are all able to figure out for ourselves what our preference is. The same way we can decide to be a certain faith (or be an atheist or agnostic) or what social or political views you have. It's about exposure and acquired knowledge that helps us decide.

We all have influences that decide a lot of what we do from young age. Some of us get our tastes in music or what foods we like from what we're exposed to as kids. I always find it funny when someone says they're a "Red Sox fan for life" or "since birth". No one is born with a loyalty to something until they're made aware of the team. It was likely an influence from their parents or from their community. You can grow up in Boston and never knew about the Red Sox or baseball...you aren't born a fan of anything.

I never agree with some saying a pro athlete has "God given ability". You're born with agility or coordination or strength but you can be taught to do anything. It's about what you're exposed to. No one was born to play golf or play football. You might get a chance to learn the sport and it just happens to be something you're very good at and you're able to put the time in to become great at it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

poptart wrote:
Jsc wrote:I was born with my orientation
:?:

Infants show no sexual orientation -- aside from all sucking tit. :wink:

Orientation could also be too strong, imo.

I know Jsc says homosexual behavior is normal, based on the fact that it occurs.
In this case, an endless list of things might be said to be "normal," based on the fact that they occur -- including heroin use.

Human sex organs are clearly built for male/female relations.

Since I believe the Bible, I'll tell you that it shows us that when man originally abode with God, he had no drug problem and he had no inclination to deviate from the obvious male/female sex relation he was clearly designed for.

In fact, we see that man was completely happy, relaxed, and prosperous in his life with God.

Only upon separation from God did all manner of discontent come upon us.

Choice, orientation...

Know the root.

No, not that root, Jsc. :wink:
So you think it's a choice. Who gives a big frosty rat's cock.

Here in the United States, it doesn't matter. We have this document called The Constitution that gives no preferences as to who enjoys rights & privileges based on whether they believe in books of fairy tales or not. Deal with it.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Unless we're all automatons being controlled by the illuminati programming ( :wink: ), of course our sexual behavior is a "choice."

But I did say this, I think...

- poptart

Yes, because not many things are as powerful as one's sexual urge.

There is no doubt that some folks are overwhelmed by the desire to get it on with the same sex.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Here in the United States, it doesn't matter. We have this document called The Constitution that gives no preferences as to who enjoys rights & privileges based on whether they believe in books of fairy tales or not. Deal with it.
Gotta love how libtard busts out the constitution when it suits him and completely shits all over it the rest of the time.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

So when did all the hetro people in here who believe that being gay is a choice, choose not to suck a dick? I never made a choice. I know the exact moment I realized I was hetrosexual; seeing Return of the Jedi for the first time and seeing Carrie Fisher in a metal bikini. That made sense in my 4 year old brain. I didn't look at Harrison Ford and her and debate which one I wanted to kiss and consicously choose the female.
88 wrote:I do not like the taste of licorice. Therefore, I choose not to eat it. Ever. Other people love licorice. Was I born with my strong desire not to eat licorice? Was it learned? Is there something in my childhood that makes me not want to eat licorice? I don't know. But in the end, who gives a shit? It doesn't matter. I choose not to eat it. Big fucking deal.
How do you know you don't like the taset of licorice? Did you try it and form your opinion? Or did you look at it at a young age and know, not think, but know you wouldn't like it? So by your example, you might be homosexual, you just haven't tried it to make sure you aren't?

Personally, I'm not going to wait on science to explain something like this. For as accurate as science can be, there are still simple things they don't have a fucking clue about. Such as water. Why does water expand when it freezes? Why is that substance slippery? Plants also do complex arithmetic in order to survive everynight. Why? Science has no fucking idea. But if they don't do it, the plants will die. Are they making a choice to live? Science also can't explain how or why cats purr. Because they can't explain it, does it mean it's not happening?

There's a fuck ton of things science can explain and a fuck ton it cannot. Why mammals, specifically humans, exhibit homosexual behavior is one they cannot. To me, this doesn't prove that it's a choice. It just proves that science doesn't have a grasp on this now and may never in the future.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Of course it's not a choice. Who in their right fucking mind would actually CHOOSE to be gay in our great homophobic nation filled with tolerant patriots like Spray and 88?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote: For example, a married person may have a strong desire to engage in sexual relations with someone other than his or her spouse, but until that married person finds someone not his or her spouse and chooses to engage in sexual relations with that person, the married person is not an adulterer. Similarly, someone may manifest a strong desire to walk out of a bank with a bag full of money that does not belong to them, but until they choose to act on that desire, they are not a thief. Homosexuality is the same.
So it's the same as adultery and robbery. What's next? You going to equate it with murder?
A strong desire to do something does not mean that exercising the choice to act on it is natural or healthy or proper (e.g., thievery, pedophilia, murder).
:lol:

And yes 88 it is normal for a species to pump out a lot of fags and dykes when the population explodes to stave off overpopulation. Nature is smarter than you are you.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Killian wrote:I know the exact moment I realized I was hetrosexual; seeing Return of the Jedi for the first time and seeing Carrie Fisher in a metal bikini. That made sense in my 4 year old brain. I didn't look at Harrison Ford and her and debate which one I wanted to kiss and consicously choose the female.
What if you chose Jabba the Hutt?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
Killian wrote:I know the exact moment I realized I was hetrosexual; seeing Return of the Jedi for the first time and seeing Carrie Fisher in a metal bikini. That made sense in my 4 year old brain. I didn't look at Harrison Ford and her and debate which one I wanted to kiss and consicously choose the female.
What if you chose Jabba the Hutt?
Then you are probably Canadian.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

I miss the fake Moving Sale troll.

Now that guy had a sense of humour.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:I miss the fake Moving Sale troll.

Now that guy had a sense of humour.
You are the least funny person on here you vapid waste of carbon.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

schmick wrote:Homosexuality is a mental retardation and the only people who were correct in their dealings with homosexuals were the Nazis. Its not a choice, its a disorder and people who show this disorder should be put to sleep because they're fucking disgusting
Aren't you going a little easy on them? Put them to sleep? What kind of pinko fag are you?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

I'm not ranking that
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:I'm not ranking that
You want to fuck the Zamboni driver huh?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote: Perhaps. But it will always be regarded as abnormal. Because it is.
It's also abnormal to be a stupid hillbilly, but its not abnormal for a hillybilly to be stupid.

So what's your fucking point, other than it is something that is done by less than 50% of the population?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:So what difference does it make?
Since it doesn't make any difference, why doesn't he just keep his dicksucker shut? Nobody gives a fuck.

Why are faggots such pathetic attention whores?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote: Why are faggots such pathetic attention whores?
... He said while fucking a big black cock.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Then STFU and quit telling us about your stupid wife(s).
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

That's what you got out of my post? Good gawd you are one dense fuck.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Coming out may indeed hurt his draft status but I suspect that some teams will overlook his sexual orientation if he participates in, and does well, in the combines. I don't know if the NFL is ready for him, or not, but I'm sure that there have been other gay men playing the game who opted to stay in the closet. Who knows? Maybe this is just the beginning of players choosing to come out. Probably not, but it's possible. If they can find video evidence that he was fondling players in the pile, there's a good chance he'll be moving from Columbia to Kansas City. :)
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Sudden Sam wrote: What did what you posted have to do with me suggesting that no one needs to know WTF people do in their bedrooms?
You are kidding right? You are just joshing me right? You can not possibly be this dumb. Can you?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

And now this announcement has blacks and gays on opposite sides despite the fact that Michael Sam is in fact black.

Apparently some writers have labeled Sam as the "NFL's Jackie Robinson." Blacks and black leaders are not taking kindly to this comparison. Talk radio in CHI today is nothing but black on gay and gay on black violence. Pretty amazing and or funny some of the comments.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Can he tackle?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

R-Jack wrote:Can he tackle?
Who cares? He sucks lots of cocks!! He's a hero!
Michelle Obama and Joe Biden: Michael Sam ‘an inspiration’

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/g ... z2sxTXh9G9
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Left Seater wrote: Apparently some writers have labeled Sam as the "NFL's Jackie Robinson." Blacks and black leaders are not taking kindly to this comparison.
They should be. It's an apples to 14 inch black studded dildos comparison.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Apparently he got the most sacks in the SEC.

Not sure how many times he tackled the quarterback.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

It would seem though that his position on the team is slightly miscast.

In the NFL, he could transition from a tight end, and with experience, become a wide receiver.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Why? Are you recruiting for the Broncos?
9/27/22
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

schmick wrote:Homosexuality is a mental retardation and the only people who were correct in their dealings with homosexuals were the Nazis. Its not a choice, its a disorder and people who show this disorder should be put to sleep because they're fucking disgusting
Settle down, Margie.
9/27/22
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Rack 88. You saved me from typing a lot words tonight. In agreement on damn near all of what you said.

With this happening to my team, and one of my favorite guys of this season, this has come as a total shock. As this relates solely to Michael Sam, MIZZOU football player and alum, I guess I have to applaud his courage. I do not condone the lifestyle,
but as I get older it does not bother me as it once did. Now, I just really don't care much. Do what you want, leave me alone, and we are all good. Now, the fool on the Olympics, that is a different deal. The whole world knew that guy was a fag years ago, so its not like he needs to advertise it. Maybe that is his way of telling the Ruskies to kiss his ass. If so, fine. If not, grow the hell up and make yourself look like a professional at the very least. You are no longer skating, so lose the blouse. NBC shares the blame in this, if not having more fault than the homo. Put that freak in a NBC blazer, or don't show him at all.

Time will only tell how this plays out. If Sam's goes first or second round, then some organization is reaching, and looking to capitalize on this pub. I highly doubt that will happen. If he goes third, fourth or even 5th where he predicted before the bomb was dropped then this have no bearing on his sexual preference. Anything lower than that, and this will certainly be the main factor. I have read a few claiming he won't be drafted at all. I find this completely ridiculous. SEC DPOY and unanimous all-american's get drafted. ALWAYS. However, I would listen to anyone that would dispute his DPOY and all-american status. I was surprised myself with the awards. He is a very good player, but, in better SEC seasons, he does not win those awards. 9 or his 11.5 sacks, were against Vandy, Ark St. and Florida. He only had 2.5 sacks in his last 7 games. At this point and time, he is NOT a great player. Queer or not, one of his best attributes seem to be as a team leader. His team mates rallied around him all season, and he had the knack in many games to come up with a huge play at just the right time. Teams also started paying him much more attention later in the season, and is a major reason team mate Kony Ealy had 7 sacks in his last 6 games. I will remember Michael Sam as a very good Tiger. I wish him only the best. But, I do not wish him to become a Chief. This is a rebuilding team that has had far to many distractions over the years, looks to be improving, and will garner plenty of spotlights without the freak show that will come with drafting Sam's. He needs to go to some hole like Clev or Buffalo. A shitty team that will be eliminated early, smaller media market, and lots of cold weather by mid October. It would also help him immensely if one, two, or fifty other players come out soon. Deadspin has a great read on that subject. HERE
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Moving Sale wrote:Then STFU and quit telling us about your stupid wife(s).
Not to worry Sam, Screwball found Moving Flails online dating profile. I guess he is looking for a 4' to 4'5" proctologist with a bald head and no teeth.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

jsc wrote:For some, they have the same amount of "choice" about being gay as I have in being straight: none. Just as all the therapy in the world could not make me gay, likewise for them therapy will not make them straight. They were born that way.
It is a leap from orientation to -----> born that way.

As I noted, infants display no sexual preference - and it would be silly and disingenuous to discard the influence one's environment and experiences has on the sexuality they end up participating in.

Because I am spiritually oriented, I will relay something from that perspective.

The spiritual state a person has is passed down to them from their parents - Exodus 20:3-5 (and others).

We're all aware that children take after mom or dad in many observable ways.
Physically, in character, in temperament, and in other ways.

In a deeper and more profound way, the same spirits which have influenced mother and father also influence child.

So people, ALL people, end up being driven toward different physical results and actions based on where the spirits they have inherited take them.

I don't discount orientation.
I also don't discount choice -- because it certainly is that, also.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

88 wrote:Killian-

Why does water expand when it freezes? Scientific answer

Why is ice slippery? Scientific answer

Plants do not do complex arithmetic. Plants simply live. Scientists perform arithmetic to try to explain how plants simply live. Scientific Paper. And then there are journalists who misinterpret the scientific papers of the scientists and report that plants do complex arithmetic, and then there are morons who believe that.

Science can explain how cats purr. But no one knows for certain why they do it. Scientific Answer

What does it matter if homosexuality is a choice, a learned behavior or a chemically-induced or genetically-inducted condition? It is abnormal. That is beyond debate. The purpose for sexual intercourse is for the species to propagate. If individual members of the species pair up with members of the same sex and thus cannot perform the role of propagation, they are abnormal members of the species (in other words, if it was normal for the species to have individuals pair up with members of the same sex and thus be incapable of reproducing, mathematically the species would quickly find itself extinct). That doesn't mean they should be killed, or singled out for discrimination or anything else. It simply means they are abnormal. No big deal. You cannot have a bell curve if everyone or everything is absolutely the same (i.e., normal).

I don't know what happened to my first post, but fuck it. We could exchange links all day. You linked something that explains why water expands, MIT has a research that says they still have no conclusive idea why it behaves that way. Same with why it's slippery, why cats purr, etc. The plant thing was out there, I admit, but at the same time if science has to come up with a complex math equation to explain the behavior of plants and their starch levels, they are doing something that science can't explain, yet it happens on a daily basis.

Science is full of "No fucking idea, but this is how or why we think it happens." So I'm not going to wait around for them to come to a theory as to why they believe homosexuality exists within nature.

Sure it's abnormal within each species for the reasons you state (procreation), but if every species has a subset that acts this way, to me, it becomes less abnormal and more common. There are many things that are "abnormal" based on the definition you used. Almost all humans are abnormal because they engage in oral or anal sex, neither of which is for the propogation of the species.

I can't classify homosexuality as a choice because I know people who told me that they knew at an early age that they were attracted to the same sex and not the opposite. This is before you know anything about sexual intercourse or what you need to do in order to reproduce. These are people from straight parents, so it cannot be learned behavior. There were no chemicals knowingly taken by the individual, so that isn't the answer either. How can a 5 year old make a choice when they don't really know what they are choosing?

In my opinion, there is something hard coded in their DNA that is pointing them in that direction. Be it a genetic mutation or something else. I think the further science advances, the closer they can come to an answer, but we'll never know the exact reason.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Wish stuttering John still worked for Howard Stern. I could see him showing up at a press conference asking Sam if he was a top or bottom.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.