Re: Sugar Bowl

Post by War Wagon »

Boomer Sooner!

Hot damn, we have a game.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Sugar Bowl, a once great bowl reduced to irrelevancy.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Whew, sure am glad that whole Saban to Texas thing was a joke. Texas didged a bullet there considering they just ran off a coach who couldn't seem to stop Bob Stoops.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Shoutout to all my OU homies, and there are many - do NOT be coming in here running scoreboard smack after the game.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

War Wagon wrote:Shoutout to all my OU homies, and there are many - do NOT be coming in here running scoreboard smack after the game.
lol ... innerwebs barney fife on duty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Maybe bama should have paid a little more attention to Case McCoy game tape. You know he really didn't have any trouble making OU his bitch.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Throat slash?

Nice.

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Stuck in frac land. Sucks.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Thanks for that series, Josh.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Where's this Knight kid been all year, and why did it take Stoops until the bowl game to realize he had a QB on the roster who could throw a football?
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Big. Game. Bob.

Been a while, Coach. Would like to see you stick around for a while this time.

Melt, Saban, melt.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The shots of suicidal Bama fans in the stands are fukkin priceless.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

great game, alabama just got outcoached again.....
I'm no sooner fan, but those guys wanted it a lot more than bama.....congrats to the okies, great win over a great team
get out, get out while there's still time
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

They should send it back to May and Holtz.

orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Papa Willie wrote:Y'all laugh, but this game may have just launched Stoops' ass into the NFL. He out-coached Saban's ass into oblivion.
Don't see it happening this year. He's actually got some artillery in the clip coming back. Plus, who wants to live in Detroit?

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:
tilikum wrote:Plus, who wants to live in Detroit?
Can't argue with that.
$7 million per says what?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

schmick wrote:Im kind of hoping feinbaum kills himself
Who is Phyllis going to call then?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote:Derrick Henry showed he's a beast. He's faster than I thought.
that kid is scary good.....really deceptively fast and catlike quickness, try and arm tackle that kid and he may rip your arm off.....he's going to be a very dominant player assuming he stays healthy
get out, get out while there's still time
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Papa Willie wrote:
tilikum wrote:Plus, who wants to live in Detroit?
Can't argue with that.
Ken Whisenhunt.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Saban has one year to right the ship. I've seen this story play out many times, as have we all. Nebraska, Miami, USC, UF, etc., it is much easier to get to the top of the mountain than to stay there. All that talent gets very restless if they aren't kept hungry and if they aren't playing. Also, there is going to be a huge leadership void in the wake of McCarron's graduation. It will be interesting to see how Saban handles all of this.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Rammer Jammer!!!
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I thought Chubbs had one fake hand
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

She's the best kicker Bama's seen in a while.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

lol ... Those aren't talks. He's linked to that job every time it opens, and Stoops has been rather feisty with the media the past couple seasons in particular. I'd be shocked if it was even a leverage ploy for another revision to his existing deal.

Never say never, but if he's seriously considering thay tire fire of a franchise with kids in school and a castle recently built off the interstate, then he's got retirement on his mind as an option in the near future.

Trolling, he is.

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

The Browns want to talk to Stoops because, well, he won a game this week!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

pretty excited about the game, obviously. Knight really played well since the KSU game.

I knew we were going to win....deep down. OU will never lose again,

sin,

homer boards. :doh:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Browns story was a headline on yahoo earlier today. now it's gone. which may mean he took the job and will deny it for a week. however, i think now that bob is OU's winningest coach in wins is 2 behind Wilkinson and Switzer in the category Sooner fans love most.

he's rewinded and reset his staff. recruiting strategy. maybe noticed some complacency around himself...(they say). got some "his" kind of players. . fiinally made some scheme changes to fit the throws that Knight can make......and not the weird post Landry JOnes thing they did with Bell hoping to either run the ball effectively or not out of the I and then or not throw on 3rd or 3. or the Belldozer.

this young talent group is a good one and maybe his last one to take a last run or two at the NC. it takes time and breaks and lots of variables to build that 3-4 period of coaching/ recruiting/team building across recruiting classes to get that shot. he's coaching with his brother again....i'd be surprised if he took a Browns job.

for all their faults, a team that lost big to Texas, whipped by Baylor, and tied with ISU in Norman at halftime.....this team beat ND at ND, OSU at OSU and Bama in SEC country. i was at the 2004 Sugar Bowl....OU fans show up for sure but the Sugar Dump is not a neutral venue. to borrow a local expression, you get cussed everywhere you go if you ain't pulling the local hillbillies.

most people figured this was an 8-9 win team. i did.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i deleted my previous post. it really doesn't matter to me.

as you were.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SS brought up the thread and honestly I didn't even see it until weeks after the game but . . .
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Where's this Knight kid been all year, and why did it take Stoops until the bowl game to realize he had a QB on the roster who could throw a football?

That is the first time he has looked like that all season. He looked improved against Iowa State and KState but honestly, until the Sugar Bowl I didn't know he could complete a pass that was longer than 15 yards. I'm hoping it wasn't a fluke since Thompson is transferring and Blake Bell is moving to Tight End.
Papa Willie wrote:
tilikum wrote:Big. Game. Bob.

Been a while, Coach. Would like to see you stick around for a while this time.

Melt, Saban, melt.

Totally agree. For all the big games Stoops has tanked, he just called one of the best games I've ever seen. Absolutely flawless. Rack having the balls to not shy away towards the end to keep throwing some, and to NOT go into total prevent defense. I hope a lot of coaches paid attention to this one, because that's how you do it.
This is such complete bullshit. Stoops gets a terrible rap for this shit. The man has lost some title games for sure and is 5-5 in BCS games. He also has a better than 70% winning against top 10 opponents overall. He's won the Big 12 title nine times. He won the Big 12 title in three of those nine seasons as the underdog according to the BCS (twice, convincingly, against a team that now resides in the SEC). The man has one of the best records in college coaching against top ten opponents but he always tanks in big games?
Killian wrote:Rammer Jammer!!!
Sudden Sam wrote:I just saw that. Was about to post it.

Unbelievable that someone would be drunk in NOLA!!!

What a POS. She's feisty, though. Nice dive.
One of the kids in that group is my friend's son. His roommate is the one she is attacking. Funny shit. It's my understanding from the kid that they have parleyed that video into quit a bit of ass on campus since the Sugar Bowl as well. Kudos to those young men.

King Crimson wrote:pretty excited about the game, obviously. Knight really played well since the KSU game.

I knew we were going to win....deep down. OU will never lose again,

sin,

homer boards. :doh:
I think our schedule bodes well for us and we are loaded with young talent. If we aren't in the discussion for the title game or have more than two losses I will be disappointed.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.