The word from Portland

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Dinsdale
Lord Google

The word from Portland

Post by Dinsdale »

For sures (or so they tell us):

- second album from Broken Bells. As long as someone can keep Mercer awake enough to put effort into things, he's awesome.

-Steve Malkmus and the Jicks. Already releasing videos. Not a fan, but they've always been well liked.

-Peter Buck. I'll pass, but he surely can't suck solo as much as REM sucked.

The rumors:

-Getting a little old for to play militant lesbian angst music to get run over by a bulldozer in Israel by, but Sleater-Kinney is allegedly coming back. I'll pass.

-Modest Mouse hasn't made an album in over 6 years. Supposed to change that very soon. I'm quite down.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: The word from Portland

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:-Modest Mouse hasn't made an album in over 6 years. Supposed to change that very soon. I'm quite down.
Ditto. Didn't really know much about this band until I heard the below. I wouldn't quite put them on the eye opener level of Built To Spill, but this had me asking questions.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

They are definitely not BtS -- Isaac isn't tone deaf.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And you know that song is over 15 years old, right?

So freaking old, they use it as background music in car commercials around here.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I like Modest Mouse but they're about as technically imprecise as you can get, and quite terrible live. So if you're going to hate on Built to Spill, show a little consistency. BTS is Led Zeppelin compared to those guys. Though in fairness, MM's performance is usually in direct correlation to how shitfaced Isaac Brock gets before and during their set.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:For sures (or so they tell us):

- second album from Broken Bells. As long as someone can keep Mercer awake enough to put effort into things, he's awesome.
Mercer hasn't been shit since he kicked Jesse Sandoval and Marty Crandall out of the Shins.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:-Getting a little old for to play militant lesbian angst music to get run over by a bulldozer in Israel by, but Sleater-Kinney is allegedly coming back. I'll pass.
I laffed. Wouldn't be surprised to see S-K with another album soon, they played at a bunch of PJ shows this year.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:they played at a bunch of PJ shows this year.

By "a bunch," you meant "one," right?

And the Shins haven't ever been anything but an excellent singer doing his best to put everyone to sleep.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

No, they made appearances at more than one show, asshat.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Really?

Name them, dumbass.

The Portland show was the first time S-K had played together in like 7 years.

And since PJ only did one show after that, guess what?

And no, the hags of S-K didn't follow PJ around to go play one song.