Duck/Horns

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Duck/Horns

Post by Dinsdale »

I questioned all the analysts questioning the Duck's "motivation." Our 2 best recievers (and a couple other players) were snubbed by Mack, and aren't just up for the game -- they've vowed to be the "pioneers of the Texas-Oregon Pipeline."

I'll bet you a dollar that both Josh Huff and Bralon Addison score TDs.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

An 80 point beatdown might be a nice recruiting tool.

Texas actually won games this season?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:Dins - nice to see the Ducks wearing a normal uniform tonight.

For a month, they've been showing us pics of that setup, only with a green "Darth Vader" helmet, like the Rose Bowl ones a couple of years ago. They were cool lids.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Papa Willie wrote:And game over for Texas. That didn't take long. :lol:
...or not.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WHOA!! A Horn fan had a sign... get a load of this... it said "open Duck season."

Maaaaaaan, he must have sat up all night thinking of that one.

I've often wondered why people don't feel the complete fool for even contemplating that one. I mean, we've never seen that before, right?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I've watched the last few minutes.

They should call this the "Trash Talk" bowl instead.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I think Oregon will win. That being said, there are 375 D1 scholarship football players every year in the state of Texas. You can only take 20-25...leaves a bunch of kids with a case of the ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:I've watched the last few minutes.

They should call this the "Trash Talk" bowl instead.

Puhleez. The average SEC team does more trash talking in one game than Oregon or Texas does in a season.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I was in San Antonio today and the vibe was good for the game. I did see a bunch of homeless people in Oregon sweatshirts. I wasn't sure if they were actually homeless or just a group of traveling tree-huggers from Eugene. Either way, a bath was in order.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

I like that Duck who was on the ground in pain, talking shit, and threw his helmet towards some Texas players. What a piece of shit. Hope he never walks again. F-em.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

campinfool wrote:I like that Duck who was on the ground in pain, talking shit, and threw his helmet towards some Texas players. What a piece of shit. Hope he never walks again. F-em.
How was that not a penalty?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Harvdog wrote:...there are 375 D1 scholarship football players every year in the state of Texas. You can only take 20-25...leaves a bunch of kids with a case of the ass.
Mizzou has established a pretty good pipeline to Texas. Even with the move to the SEC, we'll keep taking the "leftovers".
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Harvdog wrote:You can only take 20-25...leaves a bunch of kids with a case of the ass.
They should try to get the ones who are good at football. But I guess that's why Mack got canned retired.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Harvdog wrote:
campinfool wrote:I like that Duck who was on the ground in pain, talking shit, and threw his helmet towards some Texas players. What a piece of shit. Hope he never walks again. F-em.
How was that not a penalty?
sort of agree here. throwing head gear at anther player should be a penalty.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: They should try to get the ones who are good at football.

Oregon has 2 receivers from Texas that are better than any Texas has seen in years. Might want to bring in some new scouts, too.

Then again, "you don't have to live in Texas" is a great recruiting tool.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Harvdog wrote:You can only take 20-25...leaves a bunch of kids with a case of the ass.
They should try to get the ones who are good at football. But I guess that's why Mack got canned retired.
This was Mack's undoing. He passed on the last 3 Heisman winners for Garrett Gilbert, David Ash and Case McCoy. Recruiting is a guessing game. And he totally blew his assessments of those guys. We do have some good players. Just not at QB.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Oregon is kinda like Texas Tech under Leach. Flashy offensive stats and quick score ability, but a defense that takes it up the pooper and generally shits the bed when they play a physical team. I really doubt Texas can win this, but Oregon should be ashamed that they are only leading due to a gift from Case McCoy.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote: The average SEC team does more trash talking in one game than Oregon or Texas does in a season.
Is that so? I don't suppose either of us have any empirical data to back up that claim but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

If what you say is true, then both teams have used up a season's worth in the 1st half alone.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Harvdog wrote:This was Mack's undoing. He passed on the last 3 Heisman winners for Garrett Gilbert, David Ash and Case McCoy. Recruiting is a guessing game. And he totally blew his assessments of those guys. We do have some good players. Just not at QB.
cough, cough...

Does the name James Franklin ring a bell?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:
If what you say is true, then both teams have used up a season's worth in the 1st half alone.

I've never really thought of any Mack team as particularly prone to jawing.

That said, they started it, and I'm digging the chippiness.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

I think Jackson Jeffcoat is gonna be asking this all night long against the backup OL after starting OL strained his vulva.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:I've never really thought of any Mack team as particularly prone to jawing.

That said, they started it, and I'm digging the chippiness.
I guess that's what being a 13.5 point dawg in your own backyard will do to you.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

How's the Blur treating you, Horns?
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Dinsdale wrote:How's the Blur treating you, Horns?
Fine. The Ducks are as good as advertised. Funny how you took a shot of "quiet time" when we scored. But I am sure you were busy or lost your dial up connection. No worries. I expected to lose this game. Good news is, we will have a new coach and will be playing for all the marbles in 2-3 years.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!!!! WHO'S WITH ME?!?!? HOOOOOOK EM!!!!!

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I took the Whorns +13.5. Figured all the intangibles were in their favor...motivation (getting up for a top 10 team and Brown's last game) and virtual home field advantage.

Surprisingly, I'm not regretting it...yet.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Best part of tonight is tomorrow we will never have to see Case at QB or Mack Brown clapping on the side lines again. We will soon find out if Brown really under developed players and recruited the wrong peeps or Texas fans are just spoiled, impatient , never made happy mofos. In the mean time I hope Texas can make the 2nd half respectable and hope the Ducks self implode and cry some more on national TV.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Surprisingly, I'm not regretting it...yet.
I forgot their DC is Greg Robinson.

Fuck.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Oregon has given Texas so many gifts in this game and they can't take advantage. They should be down by 30.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

We can't hold on to the ball. Dropped passes...dropped fumbles....dropped interceptions. Can't do that against a team as good as Oregon.

Nice to see a QB who doesn't throw like Kent Tekeluve. Swoopes can air it out. Davis just dropped it. Oh well.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Mack Brown Texas Football...creating new ways to go 3 and out. Thank God Mariota sprained his vulva again or this game would really be out of hand.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Same reason why Case McCoy is on a Div 1 scholly. The world will never fucking know.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:I'm still kind of wondering why we're seeing a #10 team playing an unranked team.
Shitty tv ratings = shitty bowl match ups.

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/12/ ... -final-sec
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

From the link:

81 Bowling Green

Rack!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

While the mismatch was unfortunate, RACK the Horns for the game.

And RACK the ever living hell outta Mack for being such a classy mofo for such a long(horn) time.

Nothing but respect for a true blueblood, and looking forward to making it 3 straight someday (Joey Harrington says Hi).
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:I don't think I've ever been more wrong.
I'm pretty sure you have.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I think what Hornfan doesn't realize, is that unlike a bullied gay kid... it doesn't get better.

Your AD is a certified idiot. He used to be the GM of the Trailblazers, and couldn't "manage" to find Papa Willie at an anorexics' convention. Not sure what you were thinking hiring the complete failure... wait, you're Texas, and when he showed up for his interview rockin that sweet mullet, you just had to get ya some of that.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the guy has a proven track record that shows you can give him all the money in the world, and he'll build you a loser.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Saw bits and pieces of this game from St Francis hospital in Tulsa and then at a friends home. Was running a ton of errands post surgery for her and watched when I could.

Oregon's offense was surprising. Either the Texas defense got a ton better or the PAC 12 defenses were piss poor.

Last nights offensive performance by Texas was what got Mack fired. Saw a graphic that the Texas offense had gone three and out on 6 of 9 drives and had more punts than points.

Anyone see a replay of why that Oregon OL was so pissed and threw his helmet? Guys usually don't flip out like that for no reason unless the roids are bothering them.

Also, is the Oregon coach always so whinny? Dude bitched about damn near everything, each time I saw the game.

Props to the Oregon QB. Dude was honest in his post game interview.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Sudden Sam wrote: Brown seems like a good guy.
He is and he's a class act all the way. I wish him well. I'm grateful for what he has done for the program. I think a lot of people tend to forget that Texas was a complete fucking mess when he first took over.

He brought the program back to respectability but he really isn't a very good coach. The inmates have had a distinct tendency to run the asylum during his tenure. He was a soft touch who never demanded accountability from his players and never, IMO, got the best out of the talent he had available.

It was time to put him out to pasture willing or not.