(!) So this "Duck Dynasty" thing... (!) - bad boobjob page 2

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: So this "Duck Dynasty" thing...

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:Now I've never watched a single episode for starters, but from what I've seen and read, it looks like he spoke his mind. Now the liberals and the media are in a cock-soaked frenzy over it.

I think it's great.
He has every right to say what he wants, and the network has every right to cancel his show, or whatever they want to do with it.
The liberals may be in a frenzy over it, but no more so than the Palins.

Never watched myself, either, and I don't GARA one way or the other.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Never watched, and never will, but the heat just got turn't up on this.
Now its being made into a racial issue
Duck dudes goose might be cooked.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

He has every right to say what he wants, and the network has every right to cancel his show, or whatever they want to do with it.

- Mikey

A network can cancel a program if they so wish, sure.
But they didn't do that, did they?
They suspended him.

On what grounds?

Did he violate his contract somehow?

Now it would be interesting if this was turned around.
If this was a "family" network.
And a gay guy who happened to work for the family network gave an interview where he spoke up about how glorious homosexuality is.
And then the thumpers who run the family network suspended him.

What would occur?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote: They suspended him.

On what grounds?

Pretty much any entertainment contract includes a clause that gives the owner/payee an out for "moral clause" or "conduct unbecoming," or similar language.

So the owner pretty much has carte blanche to suspend/fire employees/contractors. And all they give a poo about is sponsors and ratings.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Classic...

The conservitards are in a full-blown meltdown because one of their own got "Dixie Chick'd."

:lol:
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'm sure JSC will go picket their warehouse or something

- Scott

Jsc said, over at that other board, that he thinks A&E did wrong.

But maybe his view is still evolving.

Stay tuned.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

OK, if we are going to get all racial, I had a next door neighbor who was exploring mudsharking with one of the 3 black guys in town. Now I was in a gun club and would shoot every Thursday night in my HS gun club. Well we had a carpool setup and this was my week to get picked up. So when I saw a big Impala looking thing pull into the drive, I thought it was my ride. Well it was the black guy coming to pick up my next door neighbor, and he was pretty much scared shitless at the idea of a white guy running toward him with a gun. Oh yea, I didn't have a case and would transport it sans bolt.

Anyway, a good uneasy laugh was shared by both of us. And I never forgot the look on his face.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:
BSmack wrote:Not picking knits or anything... but wouldn't anyone be pretty much scared shitless at the idea of a white guy running toward them with a gun? You think a white guy who was there to pickup the future Miss Mudshark wouldn't be scared shitless too?
In my town? I doubt it. It wasn't like I was aiming it at the guy. I was just in a hurry to get to the gun club. Next thing I know he's throwing his hands in the air and begging me not to shoot.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

First, let's be clear on what happened. Phil spoke to a reporter about his personal views. It did include comments about gays, but it did not single them out. In fact he was focused on sin and then referenced things that lead to sin. It was in this second part that gays were mentioned along with drugs, prostitution, and others. He also called himself out for his former lifestyle of drugs and drunkedness and calling that sinful behavior as well. When pressed on the gay issue he said that a woman's vagina was more appealing than a man's anus, but that sin itself isn't logical.

Above Diego get's himself all excited and wants to compare this to the Dixie Chicks. While it has a few similarities it is pretty much an apples to horses comparison. The Dixie Chicks faced huge backlashes from their former fans. Hundreds of thousands of fans broke, returned, trashed their existing CDs and sales of new ones went in the tank. Radio stations were swamped with calls from listeners to take the Chicks out of the rotation. Stations even held remotes where people could turn in their CDs for mass burnings and the like. In the end the consumer of country music decided the fate of the Chicks.

In the Duck Dynasty case, many of the fans support the comments of Phil Robertson. Also, A&E is on record as supporting Duck Dynasty for exactly the same thing they just suspended Phil for. There are many examples of the network supporting the views of Phil and the rest of the Robertson cast:
David McKillop, GM and EVP of A&E wrote: Thanks to its authentic and engaging characters Duck Dynasty has become more than just a reality show, it is a cultural phenomenon. We would like to thank the Robertsons for their incredible partnership. We are all Happy, Happy, Happy.
A&E Promo wrote:Check out Duck Dynasty, a show about the family that runs the duck call ... they operate a thriving business while staying true to their family values and lifestyle.
On top of all of that A&E shows the family in a Christian Church repeatedly, ends each show with a prayer before dinner, promotes Christmas shows and recently the family re-enacting the birth of Jesus.

So A&E has suspended Phil for the very things they have used to promote the show and the cast in the past. At the same time A&E really isn't all that concerned because they are still running reruns of the show with Phil in them and they plan to show the new season in early Jan that has already been filmed and includes Phil. Duck Dynasty is the most popular show on cable TV and has had the largest viewership ever for a cable show. There is simply too much money for A&E to walk away from the show, which will not continue without Phil.

What this really shows us is the double standard that exists between mainstream media / political correctness and those who have differing views.

The political correctness crowd and their supporters have long spoken of tolerance. That isn't what they want. They want free speech and acceptance for themselves, but they want to silence anyone who doesn't share their beliefs. In other words, they think it is ok for those who see things differently than them to have those beliefs as long as those beliefs aren't voiced or supported by any actions. Some of you will disagree with me. So be it, but explain these examples then:

http://news.yahoo.com/colo-judge-orders ... 58500.html

http://www.charismanews.com/us/41712-ch ... itizenship

The political correctness crowd likes to claim the Christians are forcing their worldview on everyone else. The above cases show that to be incorrect. Phil Robertson is forcing his worldview on anyone. Neither was the owner of Chick fil a. Both just expressed their opinion when asked. The political correctness crowd didn't like their personal comments and quickly moved to try to silence them. That backfired in the Chick fil a case as the chain had its most profitable year in 2012, and I would bet the same will happen with Duck Commander. But there is a danger in using the government and courts to force people to serve others over their religious and or personal views.

As one of the above articles points out, if gays can force a Christian business owner to photograph a gay wedding, then the KKK could force an African American business owner to photograph a cross burning or similar legal gathering or event. Same for a Hindu business owner and a cattle slaughter house.

If the gay community is really asking for tolerance and acceptance of everyone, why do they want to silence Phil?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Mikey wrote:
He has every right to say what he wants, and the network has every right to flush tens of millions of dollars in revenue down the shitter, or whatever they want to do with it.
FTFY, btw
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

The only "reality" show I've ever watched is Pawn Stars and only because of the interesting shit people want to sell to Rick and crew. I think Phil should have said,
"A vagina serves the human race. An anus serves shit."
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Dixie Chicks were right. How did that taste?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Papa Willie wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:The Dixie Chicks were right. How did that taste?
Ask them - and their shrunken income...
It appears A&E did.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

My grandson loves the show, so I have seen a bit of it. It’s amusing.

The patriarch who’s in all of this trouble for speaking his mind used to be a pretty fair quarterback at Louisiana Tech. I believe he had been the starter for two years going into his senior season when he quit college football because it interfered with duck hunting. That opened up the starting job for one Terry Bradshaw.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

How exactly were the right? One lady voiced her opinion.

If we can claim they were right, then someone else can claim Phil is right.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I am generally not a "reality show" fan, but, I do watch DD, mainly for Phil. He is an amusing witty old dude. Everyone else on the show, particularly his bro Si seems to be trying to hard. Phil comes across as 100% real. Maybe he is just a good actor, but, I doubt it.

And yes, he was a pretty fair QB. Bradshaw rode the bench behind him. He turned down an NFL career. I heard an interview regarding this and he said that you must remember that the NFL in the mid sixties was very different from today. The money was shit. You didn't do it to become rich. You did it because you loved playing football. He loved hunting and fishing more than throwing a football.

As for A&E suspending him, that is some funny shit. He should suspend A&E.

A&E needs him a hell of a lot more than he needs them. He is already well off and other networks will line up to sign him.

I hope he bends the A&E execs over and gives them some redneck trouser trout, then wipes his cahk off on the drapes on the way out.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Papa Willie wrote: They weren't like that when all the shit was going down on Augusta National for not having any female or black members, were they? You can add about a trillion other scenarios just like that...
what were the "liberals" saying? the only person talking was Martha Burk and Augusta was basically telling her to go fuck herself.....it's a privately owned course and they can extend memberships to whoever they want.....it was a ploy for her to thrust herself into the spotlight as being outraged about something there was no reason to be outraged over......

race, gender, and money has nothing to do with it.....bill gates tried to get into the club for over five years before they finally let him in.....

I've never seen the show Duck Dynasty and could give two fucks about what some ZZ Top looking redneck has to say about anything.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

R-Jack wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
Ask them - and their shrunken income...
It appears A&E did.
A&E has plenty of shitty programming- the Dicksy Chicks would fit right in.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Looks like A&E is just exercising its privilege in a right to work state that conservatives have worked so hard to earn all these years to terminate an employment agreement. What's the big deal?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Looks like A&E is just exercising its privilege in a right to work state that conservatives have worked so hard to earn all these years to terminate an employment agreement. What's the big deal?
Uhm... I don't think "right to work" means what you think it means.

Do you work at being this dumb, or is it just an amazing aptitude?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Looks like A&E is just exercising its privilege in a right to work state that conservatives have worked so hard to earn all these years to terminate an employment agreement. What's the big deal?

The big deal is A&E trying to take a stand without pissing off their cash cow. A&E hasn't terminated anything with Phil. Instead they have only suspended him from filming any new material. They haven't pulled any reruns, they still plan on showing the new season which is mostly complete, starting in January, and are still running promos for the series.

This is A&E throwing a bone to the gays, political correctness crowd, etc. A&E needs Phil far more than Phil needs A&E. All this pub is doing is putting more cash in Phil's pocket.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:CBS did the Masters that year WITHOUT commercials, because none of the sponsers would allow it - DUE to gay liberal pressure. Did you just conveniently forget that?

I don't think anybody "conveniently" forgot that... which would actually be impossible, since you just made that [non]"fact" up.

If you want to get clowned, keep talking.

The sponsors started making rules at Augusta... that's really what you're going with here?

You've just gone way beyond "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:Guess AN just said fuck you to the sponsers.
They have sponsors lined up waiting for years to jump in if any of the 3 (I think they usually have 3 sponsors) leave or fuck up.
BUT - to say that the liberals weren't doing a 180 on what they are with DD would be false.
I never commented one way or another, so your statement doesn't apply to me, BUT...

I'd say it's the religious right (inaptly named, BTW) that's being the douchebags, when you examine the two incidents you cite (aside from Felix being correct that it was pretty much one hag and her minions, not the "liberal movement" as a whole). When AN didn't want women members, the thumper-types (and conservative/libertarians in general) said it was their club/business/money/property to do with as they wish. Now, a guy spouted a mantra of the religious right, and all of a sudden, the whole "their club/business/money/property" concept just flew out the window.

Don't get me wrong -- liberalism is a mental disorder (for real), and I'll bash liberal idiots, but it's the religious right that's making fools of themselves here(when you compare the incidents you cited), not the libthieves. They're the ones being selective in their morals.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote: There are thousands of other articles that would say the same.

There's thousands of articles that said all sea ice would be gone by September 2013, and Congress bought into that (to a degree), too.

Did you have a point?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:Errrrr - the liberals threw fucking fits, and if you'll remember - CBS did the Masters that year WITHOUT commercials, because none of the sponsers would allow it - DUE to gay liberal pressure. Did you just conveniently forget that?
He didn't conveniently forget shit. CBS broadcasts The Masters on a one year contract. Do you know why? Because the Tournament Committee at Augusta wants CBS to never forget that "A Tradition Unlike Any Other" can be said by an NBC broadcaster as easily as a CBS one. It was the folks running Augusta that insisted on no commercials that year, nobody else. And anybody who knows a damn thing about golf knows that. Augusta was designed to be impervious to outside pressure, and when they did admit Condi Rice and the other lady whose name escapes me, they did so for their own reasons, just like Bob Jones and Clifford Roberts intended 80 years ago.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

smackaholic wrote: Phil comes across as 100% real.
You are an idiot. The show is staged. Not just scripted, but staged. None of those fucks wore camo or had a beard before the show started.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Moving Sale wrote: Image

sin,

McGoober
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Sirfindafold wrote:
Moving Sale wrote: Image

sin,

McGoober
So you're saying Goobs had a mancrush on Meds? :?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote: You are an idiot. The show is staged. Not just scripted, but staged. None of those fucks wore camo or had a beard before the show started.

Yeah because you can grow a foot long plus beard in a few weeks to a month.

Just another moving sale epic fail.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

He started the duck calls in 1972.
30 years later he and his family are still clean cut biz people making ok $.
10 years after that they are all camoed out and sporting beards and bibles.
They are taking you for a ride you fat stupid oaf.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote:He started the duck calls in 1972.
30 years later he and his family are still clean cut biz people making ok $.
10 years after that they are all camoed out and sporting beards and bibles.
So they all grew beards a decade ago because they knew the TV show was coming up some 8 years later. Riiiiiiiight.

At the end of the day all of those guys are making a ton of coin. Rack them.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

It doesn't take that long to grow a beard.

Sin,

dudes who can grow beards
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

If Moving Fail could grow a beard like that, he'd look like a garden gnome.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Left Seater wrote: So they all grew beards a decade ago because they knew the TV show was coming up some 8 years later. Riiiiiiiight.
Who said that? Most likely they grew the breads and then pitched the show. Either way they are frauds and you are a stupid idiot if you believe their drivel.
At the end of the day all of those guys are making a ton of coin. Rack them.
'Cause it's ALL about the cheddar eh?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Moving Sale wrote:'Cause it's ALL about the cheddar eh?
Up here in God's Country, yes.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Who cares what the level of sincerity is of the Duck Dynasty cast? All "reality" shows are staged and scripted to one degree or another, it's the nature of the televised beast. However, when Midget Sale calls the cast "frauds" and can't back it up with anything other than yammering about beards and clothing, his point is as insignificant as his height. Imp, you're so far askew from the original intent of this thread that it's laughable. No surprise there. Your entire existence on this board is to be a foul-mouthed little contrarian and a punching bag.

Stick to what you know best, ripping off your clients and being a pariah on the legal system.

When you actually have a view that makes sense and can back it up with facts, let us know. Otherwise, just go away.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote:
Left Seater wrote: So they all grew beards a decade ago because they knew the TV show was coming up some 8 years later. Riiiiiiiight.
Who said that? Most likely they grew the breads and then pitched the show.

You did you idiot.
Moving Sale wrote:None of those fucks wore camo or had a beard before the show started.

Kick your own ass much? Wait it is you we are talking about.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

schmick wrote:
Alec wrote:Oh my my my......

faked

obviously
Chick really should sue over that boob job
they point in two different directions
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
Moving Sale

Re: ! So this "Duck Dynasty" thing... !

Post by Moving Sale »

schmick wrote:The show is obviously faked
Were you not listening to Jay in KC? Its REAL! It's all REAL!