It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

disabled combat vets pensions cut ?

Post by Wolfman »

Nice going Congress.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
mvscal
Blank

Re: disabled combat vets pensions cut ?

Post by mvscal »

They were dumb enough to volunteer. I'm sure they're used to getting fucked over by Uncle Sam by now.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

So not only if you like your health insurance plan, you can keep it; now if we promise you help you will get it? Guess the Lords of Plutocracy are equal opportunity screwers.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

so... suddenly the GOP thinks a reduction of an increase is now considered a cut?

it must depend on whose gubmint cheese is being talked about
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

You think military vets are getting fucked ?? Wait until Wolfman and and all his homies get fucked out of their social security...Read the zerohedge article and then hit the charts on the CBO report. Surprised if we make it that long given the state of politics this days.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/20 ... r-29-crash

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/ ... curity.pdf
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

There are several easy fixes for SS. Just because the "no change" projection shows us a fucked in 2029 doesn't mean that a lot won't change by then.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Mikey wrote:...doesn't mean that a lot won't change by then.

Maybe 'Spray wont keep a gravy boat on his nightstand...

Maybe Sam's 11th marriage will be "the one"...('sup Screw)

Maybe Roach will stop being such an awesome dude...

Maybe Jsc will quit his contrarian schtick that he uses as a foil to mask his otherwise wrist-slashingly dull existence...

Maybe 'Seater can come to grips with the fact that Mrs. Seater is bouncing her fine hips on some other dude's zucchini because the marriage vow of "loving you even if you're poor" was "more of a quaint obeisance to tradition"...

Maybe Mgo and Scott can go get married if they love each other so much. Yeah, get a room guys.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Maybe my bond of friendship with Mikey will remain unbroken...standing as a testament to enduring fraternal love...
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Maybe FEMA will finally remove the caution tape and safety pylons surrounding smackaholic's yard.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Maybe FEMA will finally remove the caution tape and safety pylons surrounding smackaholic's yard.

okay...that's pushing the boundaries of credulity...
Why don’t you just STFU.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
Mikey wrote:...doesn't mean that a lot won't change by then.

Maybe 'Spray wont keep a gravy boat on his nightstand...

Maybe Sam's 11th marriage will be "the one"...('sup Screw)

Maybe Roach will stop being such an awesome dude...

Maybe Jsc will quit his contrarian schtick that he uses as a foil to mask his otherwise wrist-slashingly dull existence...

Maybe 'Seater can come to grips with the fact that Mrs. Seater is bouncing her fine hips on some other dude's zucchini because the marriage vow of "loving you even if you're poor" was "more of a quaint obeisance to tradition"...

Maybe Mgo and Scott can go get married if they love each other so much. Yeah, get a room guys.

Maybe Tim Horton's will close...
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Sadly Derron and the rest, I'll be "tango uniform" when the Social Security Shit hits the fan. It's the poor 40-50 something bastards that have been paying into it since their first burger flipping job that will get the shaft. Too bad Barry Goldwater never had a chance. We'd be swimming in money if he had. One last time. If you want a lesson as to why SSI is fucked up, go to your local office. If you find one person my age there, you will be lucky. I'll let you guess who will be there in big numbers. The first guess doesn't count.

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

All they need to do is remove the cap, which I believe sits at a little over $100,000. (I'm sure Lefty or Scott can give us the exact figure and the date it came into play for them this year).
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:All they need to do is remove the cap, which I believe sits at a little over $100,000. (I'm sure Lefty or Scott can give us the exact figure and the date it came into play for them this year).
Or even just move it up to, say $140,000.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Removing the cap won't solve shit. Simply not enough of those folks. Some day mikey and the rest of the libtards will realize that simply squeezing the handful of rich fukks out there won't solve all our problems.

When it was designed in 1935, it made actuarial sense. Live past the life expectancy and you get a little pension. If the age had been set at 49, it would have been bankrupt right out of the gate. With today's increased life expectancy, this is pretty much what we have.

Wolfie is right, duhron is wrong. His generation has gotten over. Mine (and duhron's) won't. I expect very little from SS. Maybe Deron is right in his plan to fortify well enough that the rest of us don't take his shit.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

smackaholic wrote:I expect very little from SS.
Come on. His threads aren't that bad.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:All they need to do is remove the cap, which I believe sits at a little over $100,000. (I'm sure Lefty or Scott can give us the exact figure and the date it came into play for them this year).
^^^^^

THIS is what the conservitards need tattooed in their retinas. They should never be allowed to escape this simple reality. Subject all income including capital gains to ss tax and the ss fund is ROLLING in cayshe.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

BSmack wrote:
^^^^^

THIS is what the conservitards need tattooed in their retinas. They should never be allowed to escape this simple reality. Subject all income including capital gains to ss tax and the ss fund is ROLLING in cayshe.

Wrong. It isn't that we need more money going in to SS. Rather it is a spending issue as is usually the case. Had we not spent the SS monies collected on other expenses, SS would be fine today and well into the future. But our elected reps in Washington couldn't leave that pile of cash alone to continue growing for the day it was needed and spent it away.

smackaholic wrote:Removing the cap won't solve shit. Simply not enough of those folks. Some day mikey and the rest of the libtards will realize that simply squeezing the handful of rich fukks out there won't solve all our problems.
Exactly. The top earners already pay the vast majority of the taxes in this country.

Now that said, I would actually support Mikey's suggestion of raising the cap, if a few provisions were included. All SS tax revenues would be earmarked for SS expenditures only. Same for other taxes. I would be ok with a small tax increase that went strictly to debt reduction, if it included a few provisions. First, we would be prevented from running a deficit ever. Second all the tax increase income would be earmarked for debt reduction only. Third, as the debt decreased, and we saved money on interest payments, the savings on interest payments was spent on debt reduction. Fourth, once the debt is paid in full, the increased tax revenue and interest payments would go into a "rainy day" fund or savings account. Finally, once this savings account was funded to 10% of the then current budget, the tax would automatically roll back.

If we can't add those provisions then no tax increase.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Left Seater wrote:First, we would be prevented from running a deficit ever.
That isn't particularly realistic or even desirable. Small, temporary deficits are not a problem and can even be beneficial. It would be better to tie them to a percentage of revenue not to be exceeded.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yes a little Keynesian stimulus is helpful. The trouble is, it's like saying trev can have one margarita.

The feds need to be treated like alkies. Keep the Keynesian liquor cabinet locked since you know god dam well, they won't stop at occasional small deficits.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

mvscal wrote:
Left Seater wrote:First, we would be prevented from running a deficit ever.
That isn't particularly realistic or even desirable. Small, temporary deficits are not a problem and can even be beneficial. It would be better to tie them to a percentage of revenue not to be exceeded.

While I would agree in theory, Congress has shown they can't be trusted. Give them a way to spend more and they will take it. Even if we capped it at say 5% of revenue per budget cycle, in three years that would likely be a huge runaway snowball.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

smackaholic wrote:...it's like saying trev can have one margarita.

how DARE you

:x
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: The top earners already pay the vast majority of the taxes in this country.
Wrong
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote: The top earners already pay the vast majority of the taxes in this country.
Wrong
At the risk of being shipped off to Kansas City...

No, you're wrong.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:The top "earners" already pay the vast majority of the taxes in this country.
As they should, since they they also control the vast majority of the wealth in this country.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

I'd rather have top earners controlling the wealth instead of political hacks who can't get a real job.

Raising the cap AND the retirement age might work.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

We need to raise the cap, raise the age to receive benefits and we need to kick the younger parasite losers off. Being a fukking loser/scammer is not a reason to receive a check. Put the fukking bottle/needle/pipe down and go to work. Or just lay in the gutter and die. Either way is fine with me.