Chiefs 11-5

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Chiefs 9-1

Post by War Wagon »

To me, the game hinged upon the back to back fumbles in the 1st qtr. KC didn't take advantage, Dungver did. I don't think KC played that badly, just didn't take advantage of their opportunities. That, and a few calls/non-calls that didn't go their way.

All in all, pretty much what I expected. I also expect the tables to be turned 13 days from now at Arrowhead.

I have to give Donk fans credit, Piled High was rockin'.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Jamaal Charles stats: 16 carries, 2 receptions. Barely half of what it should be. Give your best player the damn ball 30 times a game.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Totally agree with that. After that gift fumble that set KC up inside the 20 yard line with the score 3-0, go to Charles at least twice and if you don't make a first down, kick the damn FG and tie the game.

In the 2nd half when they had some momentum after a Bowe 1st down, Charles has a 12 yard gain up the middle called back by some phantom "illegal block in the back" by Donnie Avery, who goes 150 lbs and was nowhere near the play... notice how they didn't show the replay of this alleged penalty?

Later in the game, Bowe was practically hog tied on a 3rd down crossing pattern yet no flag. Reid was going ballistic, it was so blatant. They did show that replay.

Not saying they lost because of that and a few calls probably went the other way too. But jeebus, those calls/non calls hurt. No way the refs were going to let KC win that game.

It sets up the rematch, where calls like that will go the home teams way.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote:No way the refs were going to let KC win that game.
the calls or non-calls had nothing to do with it.....there were several times that Demaryius Thomas was blatantly held and no call.....same thing with Eric Decker.....there were at least two instances when Tamba Hali was pushing one of the Denver offensive linemens facemask up and illegal hands to the face was never called.....all in all, I think the officiating was consistent, not great but consistent....

you seem to operate under the assumption that referees have some preference on who wins.....they don't....

each week, the referees are evaluated and graded on their performance......
get out, get out while there's still time
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm surprised I didn't get piled on for whining about the officiating, disappointed actually.

Felix wrote:each week, the referees are evaluated and graded on their performance......
really? who does the evaluation and where do I go to see that report card?

they sucked and get an "F" far as I'm concerned.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Whining or not, pile ons are reserved for shit takes, and the refs do suck ass in general. There are way to many judgement calls. Eliminate/minimize those, and refereeing would improve. An example. i remember a John Madden idea that I thought was pure genius. Any loose ball before the whistle is a fumble, if its loose its live (the ground can cause a fumble). That certainly would be an easy call, and would eliminate many boring ass official reviews. JUST HOLD ONTO THE BALL!
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Good call.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Well, it was pretty rough. Looked like Brees was almost decapitated.

But it was a clean hit and didn't deserve a flag. I saw that bs call live when it happened and almost started a thread decrying what a pansy rulebook the NFL now employs when it comes to breathing on the QB.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I think it was a bullshit call too. He wasn't close lined in the basic sense, across the neck. So there shouldn't have been a penalty. Brees did do a nice turtle neck though.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote:
really? who does the evaluation and where do I go to see that report card?

they sucked and get an "F" far as I'm concerned.
Dean Blandino and Alberto Riveron oversee the evaluation process.....refs are evaluated after every game and graded accordingly.....if the refs call shitty games, they get relegated to the dreg games....

unfortunately, they don't publish the grading results.....but if the crew that called that game is officiating one of the premium games the next week, you can bet they graded out fairly well.....
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Refs needs to be accountable. They should be available to speak with the press, just as players and coaches are.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

kcdave wrote:Refs needs to be accountable. They should be available to speak with the press, just as players and coaches are.
yeah that would be a great idea.....

let's hold a press conference with the refs...of course, we couldn't have all seven so the Referee would need to act as spokesman...I envision such a presser would go something like this.....

Q: how could you have missed that holding call in the second period when johnson was holding smith
A: I can't recall the specifc play you're referring to, after all there were about 140 plays run during the course of the game....I'm the head referee and line calls are the responsibility of the Head Linesman

Q: why wasn't offensive pass interference called when it was obvious that Jones pushed off of Stevens
A: I can't recall the specific play you're referring to, and besides, I'm the Referee, I can't answer to anything the Back Judge or Field Judge is responsible for.....

no doubt that would be a riveting interview....
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
kcdave wrote:Refs needs to be accountable. They should be available to speak with the press, just as players and coaches are.
yeah that would be a great idea.....

let's hold a press conference with the refs...of course, we couldn't have all seven so the Referee would need to act as spokesman...I envision such a presser would go something like this.....

Q: how could you have missed that holding call in the second period when johnson was holding smith
A: I can't recall the specifc play you're referring to, after all there were about 140 plays run during the course of the game....I'm the head referee and line calls are the responsibility of the Head Linesman

Q: why wasn't offensive pass interference called when it was obvious that Jones pushed off of Stevens
A: I can't recall the specific play you're referring to, and besides, I'm the Referee, I can't answer to anything the Back Judge or Field Judge is responsible for.....

no doubt that would be a riveting interview....
Good thing we have the "real" refs back, right?

Stupid, sack-lapping fuckwit.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Good thing we have the "real" refs back, right?
jeezus palamino, I know you don't know shit about the NFL but don't pile on yourself by making idiotic fucking assertions that division III college level officiating would be better than the current level of officiating in the NFL....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

not only was the penalty a bullshit call, they fined the guy $15,750

go figure.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Felix wrote:no doubt that would be a riveting interview....
I didn't say anything about it being riveting, or entertaining. I said they need to be held accountable. If they are going to be given the power to make the decisions that determine the outcome of games, they
should be expected to answer a few questions as to how they made those decisions, and what they thought they saw.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

kcdave wrote:
I said they need to be held accountable. If they are going to be given the power to make the decisions that determine the outcome of games, they should be expected to answer a few questions as to how they made those decisions, and what they thought they saw.
they do, every week.....or did you miss this
Felix wrote:
refs are evaluated after every game and graded accordingly.....if the refs call shitty games, they get relegated to the dreg games....
the refs are brought together with a group that watches critical calls, and when asked, the officials need to be able to answer why they made certain calls during the game......controversial calls are probably replayed 20 times and they go over every camera angle, every nuance of a particular call or non-call....rest assured, a simple "that's the way I saw it" won't suffice if they want to keep making on average of $173,000/yr. for a "part time" gig.....
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Chefs 10-2. I watched til the bitter end.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Typed with 31 seconds to go. ^^^^
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Gosh dang, it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bwaha, rack the Blots.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Re: Chiefs 9-2

Post by Joe in PB »

KC Scott wrote:
KC will make the playoffs, but get KO'd early this season
The Chiefs or KC Jack Golf's?

Both.....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It's hard to argue with scoring a late TD but I knew they had left too much time for Rivers to do just exactly what he did.

No, I'd have preferred to run the ball (and the clock) there at the end and if you can't score a TD, play for OT.

oh well, helluva game nonetheless.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Chiefs O was actually better with 2 O-line starters out. I'd stick with that line the rest of the season.
Shitty clock management from Reid, and poor use of Jamaal AGAIN!!!!! He avg 8.2 yards per carry and still only manages to get 14 rushes.
Chiefs D has been neutered. Teams have mastered how to burn them time and again. Dinked and dunked them to death again today.
I fully expect Denver to come in here and roll up 45 on Sunday.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

I would prefer he not burn the time out at all, but the worst part was burning it with 14 seconds left on the play clock. Reid is notorious for poor clock management and for good reason.
Instances like this may get over analyzed from time time, but in general he deserves the criticism he receives. If the defense doesn't choke the game away none of this matters, but the
fact that they had already chocked it away 3 times before magnifies this brain fart.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

KC Scott wrote:At Least they will both MAKE the playoffs
Exactly, that's why they play the games. After watching the Ravens stumble into the playoffs last season, anything can happen. As for Jack, it wouldn't surprise me coming down the stretch if he found a way to win a couple of more come playoff time. Better to be lucky than good. Good luck to your Chiefs and in the JFFL playoffs Scott.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

KCDave quipped:

"Dinked and dunked them to death again today."

What game did you watch? Rivers crossed and picked them all day for 400yds and then unloaded a laser to Arijitutuwho for the win. You must still be remembering last week when Manning dunked and dinked them into oblivion.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Scott wrote:total defensive collapse today. Even before Hali & Houston went out with injuries we couldnt get any pressure on Rivers. On the plus side the offense looked like it is supposed to look, and that's with two stayong OL out

KC will make the playoffs, but get KO'd early this season
Goober McTuber on page 3 of this thread wrote:
Truman wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:KC probably peaked too early (think 2007 Patriots).
Peaked? :?
Yes, peaked. As in reached their highpoint. It's all downhill from here. :wink:
:bode:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Where is Paul? He hasn't checked in for a few weeks. He needs to own up to claiming victory over Philip Rivers twice.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Illegal picks by Blot WRs were huge in that game.

Leaving Phyllis too much time to come back and win the game was huge-er (yes tards, I know that isn't a word).

Offense finally figured out they can score with ANYBODY.

Redemption time on Sunday. Hope your life insurance is paid up, Peyton. They WILL get to you this time.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Waynegro
Elwood

Post by Waynegro »

The way things look right now the Chiefs might be the first team to start 9-0 and miss the playoffs. That said I predict 11-5 with a first round wildcard loss at either Indianapolis or Cincinnati.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Quick!! Somebody pm rnarn, Jayhawk, Nixhex, and Kaley, and we'll have the whole Defenders of the Red Faith back!!

Be verruh afraid, T1B NFL fourm...
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Truman wrote:Quick!! Somebody pm rnarn, Jayhawk, Nixhex, and Kaley, and we'll have the whole Defenders of the Red Faith back!!

Yeah, you had better be quick about it. The wheels on the bandwagon are starting to work loose.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

mvscal wrote:Image
Lemme know if you need [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags next time, Bugeater.

I suspect the return of li'l Wayne is the invention of one, bored KC-based Admin, but we'll see how it plays out...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

mvscal wrote:Yeah, you had better be quick about it. The wheels on the bandwagon are starting to work loose.
I think that's just the weight of Paul.

:paul: :paul: :paul:
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Truman wrote:Quick!! Somebody pm rnarn, Jayhawk, Nixhex, and Kaley, and we'll have the whole Defenders of the Red Faith back!!

They were run, can't take the heat when the Chief's are tits up, which is quite often......

Paul - Illegal picks? Now that is funny. My guess is you'll see the same thing from Denver, and oh yeah, they have real receivers. Do agree that Chief's best chance at winning is knocking out Manning. If not, it'll be very quiet around these parts when it comes to the Griefs. :doh:

Meanwhile the Bolts are ahead of schedule with their 3 year plan to dominance. :wink:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Truman wrote:
mvscal wrote:Whatever
Lemme know if you need [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags next time, Bugeater.
mvscal attended Nebraska?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:Where is Paul? He hasn't checked in for a few weeks. He needs to own up to claiming victory over Philip Rivers twice.
Hard to man up under the weight of that gigantic coat.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Joe in PB wrote:They were run, can't take the heat when the Chief's are tits up, which is quite often......
True. But certainly not run by you guys...

Were you a part of the old SCIII days, Joe?

DagoFan was always left a bit short on numbers,if I recall, though Charger Mike was - and still is - a good read. Still pleased to see that Trevortime - Hi Trev! - is still representin'.

Nyeman in the Bay once likened the Defenders as a pack of wolves. Sheer numbers resulted in devastating pile-ons of anyone who disparaged our team. And if any one fanbase ejected, it was MuleFan. TRAITORHATER™, Bronco Rob, ghost_knife, Zeo and a plethora of other orange-and-blue faggots were all run by the Board break-up.

RaiderFan used to really bring it too. Damn, those guys were good! Toostoned was a smalck master. pops was/is solid, and oh, boy, would Raider James kill anyone within his sights. And besides those guys, there was Mal and RaiderRamon too. All good peeps, 'cept that fuck Hangman. I know I'm missing others, and I'm sure pops could help fill in the cracks.

The SCIII NFL Forum was an AFC West dominated, can't-miss read back in the day. Times change, but damn was it fun!
Last edited by Truman on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.