You can't spell "Class", with out

Post by Adelpiero »

tOSU

L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: You can't spell "Class", with out

Post by L45B »

Idiot should be thrown off the team.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Jim Delany's so pissed at OSU, he's going to suspend several MSU players.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

This shouldn't surprise anyone.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You should be setting your sights higher than getting over on the second best team from the state of Michigan every year.

I don't think any OSU players will be suspended for the ccg, and I don't want them to be either. I want them at full strength, for better or for worse.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Tell that to Marcus Ray.

If your team was part of an in-state rivalry, you would understand.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:When Ohio State loses to Michigan, I am bummed out for a whole year. If Ohio State gets shit-hammered by MSU on Saturday, so be it. I don't care. If Ohio State wins the game Saturday and loses its bowl game, I don't care. Ohio State beat Michigan. Again. And that is all I care about. Fuck Michigan.
RACK it.

That's exactly how we Duckfans (Old Schoolers, anyway) feel about Washington. Rather go 1-11 with a win over UDub than 11-1 winning the PAC while losing to them.

And since we (sup Toejam) just won our 10th straight, rivalry life is good.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

To 88's point, The Game has always been viciously heated but typically has been a clean game. I didn't enjoy seeing that melee in the middle of the field, those guys should save it for the game itself.

Nonetheless, the two OSU players had to sit out the whole 2nd half. Whether they play or not next week shouldn't be more newsworthy than the fact that FSU is waiting to see what happens with their star quarterback, which I'm sure will all be resolved and figured out by January 7th or after.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Some good points here.

I think the kids sitting out paid the price for their part in the brawl....but acting the fool slamming your helmet, kicking the bench, flipping off the stands may be worthy of a little more punishment (that he won't get).

The game itself was great to experience. The dicks that sit in front of me sold out and the ducats were scooped up by some Buckeye guys. We shot the shit throughout and cheered appropriately when our teams excelled, high fived on occasion, and exchanged hearty handshakes after the failed two pt conversion. After the game some Buckeyes wandered over and chatted about the game. We had beers together and shared stories of past games in the series. A couple of Columbillies rolled by singing that dumb song about "I don't give a damn"....the guys we were hanging with told them to shut their yaps and keep moving. See those guys, and my crew have figured out what 88 hasn't. It's a game. It's just a game. I get wanting to win and loving it when you beat your most heated rival, but come Monday, life is back to normal. Jeremy Gallon (name dropping) rolled past our post game tailgate. We chatted for a few and I thanked him for his effort and commitment. He said thank you and added a Go Blue. I saw many players walking by with their parents, girlfriends and siblings. They weren't crying or bitching. There's no time for that. They are STUDENT-Athletes. They have classes to prep for, papers to write, hot chicks to chase, parties to go to.....they're in college, they're kids. In my 20's I may have let the game affect me into the next week, but now....meh.

By the way....as I told the Bucknuts I drank with....Beat State! What I didn't say was....then get your asses handed to you in the MNC like you do.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:then get your asses handed to you in the MNC like you do.

They're about due to get extra plays until they score again.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Extra as in... ????

--OR--

Extra as in, last time, Chris Gamble's jersey was one size extra large after the game was over.
:lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Well, the Big Ten has made their decision.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... conference

They have issued a stern finger wag, and sent the offending players to their rooms for one night with no Xbox.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Nothing, but if Gholston is going to get suspended an entire game for throwing a punch, then guys who play for Delany's cash cows should receive the same when they do the same.

But...for personally biased reasons, I'm fine with him playing in this particular game.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah.

I can't really get worked up over this shit, truthfully.

I just hope the Buckeyes are prepared for a physical, knock-down-drag-out on Saturday night, not a purse-swinging hissy-fit at midfield.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

88 wrote:(parse ="88)
...for me, the UCLA season has achieved its ultimate goal. Anything from this point forward is gravy. When UCLA beats USC, I am happy for a whole year. When UCLA loses to USC, I am bummed out for a whole year. UCLA beat USC. Again. And that is all I care about. Fuck USC.
E UNUM PLURIBUS