State of the program address.....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: State of the program address.....

Post by Mikey »

OK maybe you'll double your score this time. You'll lose by 14 if you do.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:I'll be the first to agree, the Tide has a fairly easy road this year. Just the way the rotating schedule panned out. We'll have Florida or Georgia or South Carolina next year as the non-rivalry East game. Just the way it works.

No way an undefeated Louisville or Ohio State should get by the Tide if UA wins the SEC title.

Or Clemson.

Win the SEC, we'll be there.
What if tOSU runs the table and Alabama loses to LSU along the way to winning the SEC title?
The Buckeyes would undoubtedly finish ahead of Alabama.

But playing their schedule, they shouldn't...even considering Alabama's schedule this year.
Shut the door, you SEC Ball Sucking Homeboy. Their schedules aren’t terribly different. Each has their cupcake, each has 3 ranked teams (though the SEC teams tend to be obviously overrated). The advantage would have to go to tOSU for daring to schedule 37-time defending national champions from Cal.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:When you stuffed I'm Smater Than You, There's No Way You Can Stop Thi's arrogant ass ran the same play over and over and over?

Yeah, bet on that happening again.
What ever happened to propping the team that beat you?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:When you stuffed I'm Smater Than You, There's No Way You Can Stop Thi's arrogant ass ran the same play over and over and over?

I did. Last year. Then Mikey-Come-Lately decided to start running his mouth.

"WE SHUT DOWN THE RUNNING GAME AT AUTZEN!!!!!"

The poor fool seems to forget that if past performance is indicative of future results, My Squad dropped an asskicking for the ages in Palo Alto the year before. And I think Tree's QB at the time might have been a little better.

53 points... in your house. And Oregon is a much better team now, with a lot more offensive weapons.

So, how's that "b-b-b-b-b-b-but in previous years" thing working out for you?

Now that I've seen a few Furd games, I'm not too worried (which I have been over the three seasons prior).

I'd say Mikey should act like he's been there before... but he hasn't.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

A reasonable explanation. Carrion.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:

I did. Last year. Then Mikey-Come-Lately decided to start running his mouth.

"WE SHUT DOWN THE RUNNING GAME AT AUTZEN!!!!!"

The poor fool seems to forget that if past performance is indicative of future results, My Squad dropped an asskicking for the ages in Palo Alto the year before. And I think Tree's QB at the time might have been a little better.

53 points... in your house. And Oregon is a much better team now, with a lot more offensive weapons.

So, how's that "b-b-b-b-b-b-but in previous years" thing working out for you?

Now that I've seen a few Furd games, I'm not too worried (which I have been over the three seasons prior).

I'd say Mikey should act like he's been there before... but he hasn't.
Apparently your memory doesn't go back more than two years, homeboy.
They did shut down the running game, and the passing game pretty much...in your house...last year.
Before that game you were just as much of a condescending asshole as you are now. Sorry your year was ruined - best to get ready for it to happen again.
Defense won it last year, and the defense is better this year, plus the offense is a whole lot better.

And if all you can bring is spluttering rant you might as well wipe the saliva off your chin and just shut it down.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:Sorry your year was ruined

I guess that's the difference between Stanford and Oregon -- finishing #2 in the country means the season is "ruined" (at least to you).

And Stanford lost to the Fuskies. THAT is what Ducks fans consider having a season ruined.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:Sorry your year was ruined

I guess that's the difference between Stanford and Oregon -- finishing #2 in the country means the season is "ruined" (at least to you).

And Stanford lost to the Fuskies. THAT is what Ducks fans consider having a season ruined.
So you were OK with losing that one game and having your MNC hopes shattered?
Funny, for some reason I thought you were hoping to run the table last year. Sorry my bad, I didn't realize you actually expected to lose.
I hope you take it as well on Nov 7, assuming you're still in the race after UCLA.

Not sure what the Stanford/Washington game has to do with Stanford/Oregon but if that's all you have then go ahead and run with it.
We'll deal with Washington on Saturday.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:I hope Oregon and Stanford tie, just so Mikey & Dins will bury the hatchet and be friends.
Dude gets so irate when it comes to his football team...easier than shit to pull his chain.

Fact is I hope the Schmucks win every game by 45+. Except one.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mikey wrote: Dude gets so irate when it comes to his football team salmon...easier than shit to pull his chain.
Fixed.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Truman wrote:
Mikey wrote: Dude gets so irate when it comes to his football team salmon...easier than shit to pull his chain.
Fixed.

Got so pissed at one yesterday, I had to bonk it on the head and cut it to pieces.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Hey sports fans! Just wanted to check in, it's been a while. I've been puttin in 12-14 days at the plant and haven't had much time to read this place. Also wasn't sure what the etiquette was on starting new thread topics, so figured this would be as good a thread as any to give a status update. State of the program? Well, let's just say I'm a little disappointed. I figured for sure the University of Michigan would be undefeated at this point. Tough loss at Penn State, but that was a character building loss. Those kids will be better off for it. I still believe in Devon Gardner and coach Hoke. I'll stick to my claim that Michigan puts the hurtin on Sparty and Ohio (twice) and wins the Big Ten Conference. And while the loss really hurt, I felt debilitated for 48 hours, I woke up this morning with the realization that no matter what happens on the field, I'm still a Michigan Man. And damn does that feel good.
Those who stay will be champions.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Carr Guy wrote:Also wasn't sure what the etiquette was on starting new thread topics
You need to reach 1,000 posts and have been registered for three years in order to start a new topic. It's in the revised forum bylaws. Section 14.6, I believe. 88 can look it up for you.
"Keys, woman!"
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Carr Guy wrote:I woke up this morning with the realization that no matter what happens on the field, I'm still a Michigan Man. And damn does that feel good.
Cool, here's another Michigan Man!
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... ain-769241
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Carr Guy wrote:I woke up this morning with the realization that no matter what happens on the field, I'm still a Michigan Man. And damn does that feel good.
Not sure this guy agrees:

"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Killian wrote:
Not sure this guy agrees:

Not sure what game this was from but I talked to the stadium cops the week after the ND game and he said that the arrests were like 5 times that of a regular day game.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

It was from the PSU game.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

ND at the midway point . . .

No one with a realistic perspective expected a repeat of last season's 12-1 team, especially not after Golson was dismissed from the team. But there's no getting around it: this season has been a disappointment so far. Not even so much in the record as in the way the team has played. All of the wins save one were of one scabdick variety or another, and neither of the losses was terribly competitive. We're either 1-5 or 2-4 ATS so far (I forgot what the spread was on the Temple game, but if memory serves it was relatively close to the margin of victory). Of course, it certainly hasn't helped that the two units that projected as the team's strengths entering the season -- the offensive and defensive lines -- both have been disappointments.

There's some talent on this team, to be sure, but there's something missing and that's preventing this team from putting it all together. I can't quite put my finger on what that is.

On the bright side, the remaining schedule is hardly a juggernaut, and for that reason (and pretty much that reason alone), this looks like a 9-3 team to me. However, given ND's unparalleled recent historic ability to screw up a one-car parade, an 8-4 or even 7-5 season isn't completely out of the question, either.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Half way point of the season and bye week this week for USF.

After starting off 0-4 and looking bad we've won the first 2 conference games, while still looking bad, at least on offense (no offensive TD's in both wins). The defense and special teams have looked much better than have and are a vast improvement over last season. The offense still has a long way to go, but the bye week should give our starting QB and RB a chance to come back for the next game, which is against Louisville.

We have a long ways to go, but there is hope with this team, which is something that couldn't be said last year.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

MSU has made big strides since the start of the season, mostly on the offensive side. The common thought was if they could just field a functional offense, this would be a dangerous team. The QB competition is finally solidified for good, and a couple of RBs have emerged as the 1-2 punch from what started out as a 4-man committee. The o-line has played well, and most importantly, has stayed healthy. And perhaps best of all, the WRs are actually catching the football and making plays. The defense is still clicking on all cylinders and I believe #1 in the country in total d.

I still think MSU @ Nebraska will be the de-facto "Legends" Division championship.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

At this point:

Killing everyone who dares step on the field with them. Offense is the best unit to date (which is saying a ton), and the defense is starting to gel a bit - way deep at athletes on D, just a matter of them becoming a well-oiled machine. Not the easiest task with Alioti's chaotic-style of defense, but looks better every week.

Will take a major mishap for anyone to come closer than 3 TDs the rest of the way. UCLA and Oregon State are looking like the tough games, with Stanford and Utah also a cause for concern.

Hopefully, pink helmets don't distract the team too badly against Wazzu, who can score on anyone, and get scored on by everyone, waterboys and training staffs included (but apparently not Kiffen's Trojans).