"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Pappardelle's

Post by Truman »

http://www.pappardellespasta.com/

Image Image

I've been meaning to write about this for some time, and today's trip to the City Market served as a reminder.

You ever try this stuff, Mikey? Any of you guys? Well, it's the for-real bomb-diggity. Papparadelle's has kind of a unique marketing strategy, in that they really only sell their products via mail order or at local farmer's markets. You can also find their stuff in a few specialty foody-type places too. And while $4.50 for a half-pound bag might seem to be a bit pricey for pasta, the recipes that come with your purchase make it well worth the price. Their Website shows locations for their pasta all over the place, and there's a bunch of 'em in California. If you haven't already, you should really give 'em a try...
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Re: Pappardelle's

Post by trev »

They have it at my Farmer's market but I have never tried it. I will!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Haven't seen this at the Vista farmer's market. Reminds me of a lady, though, who has dozens of different types of dried beans --err...legumes-- in different colors.

Looks good but I've been on a low carb diet now since the beginning of June, so I don't eat that kind of stuff for the most part anyway. One of the tastiest dishes I ever had was some fresh squid ink pasta at an Eyetalian place in San Francisco a couple of years ago. Sounds strange, but that stuff was awesomely good.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

There's a local company here that produces fresh pasta. I know the owners, and their stuff is used by a number of local restaurants. The spinach fettucine is outstanding.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:There's a local company here that produces fresh pasta. I know the owners, and their stuff is used by a number of local restaurants. The spinach fettucine is outstanding.

I'm guessing that's true of just about any major population center.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:There's a local company here that produces fresh pasta. I know the owners, and their stuff is used by a number of local restaurants. The spinach fettucine is outstanding.

I'm guessing that's true of just about any major population center.
We're a major population center? I doubt your thought pulled from your ass assertion is accurate, but I'll ask my buddy who makes the pasta.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Has anybody here ever tried to make their own pasta? Is it difficult?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote: We're a major population center?

I was lumping your chunk of Flyover with the better known one to your east (which I'm guessing the Census Bureau does, as well).
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Has anybody here ever tried to make their own pasta?

No, but I know they make machines so single guys can do it. Along the same lines as a bread machine.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Has anybody here ever tried to make their own pasta? Is it difficult?
It's quite simple, but it is labor intensive and makes a huge fucking mess plus you need a fair amount of space. I have found it to be more trouble than it's worth.

Your mileage may vary.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.