Welcome, Carr Guy! Here's a T1B BTPCFB Poster Primer

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Welcome, Carr Guy! Here's a T1B BTPCFB Poster Primer

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dear Carr Guy,

I'd like to officially welcome you to the college football forum, also known as Big Time Power College FootBall, here at T1B! I know you have been posting here for a few weeks already and you seem to holding your own while kicking some ass and taking names. But I'd like to officially welcome you by giving you the inside scoop on some of the forum's most notorious and well-regarded posters:

Killian aka Killitard

Like you, Killian doesn't root for his alma mater, likely because of his small penis and his deep seated need to over compensate for that. This is common among those who lack the integrity to root for the schools they graduated from. Killian pretends he has some deep emotional connection and spiritiual connection to ND, which in all reality, he's just a nutsack riding, front-running bitch. Pretends to be ultra-connected to the program and likes to brag about it, but really he just tells us what he reads at ND Nation.

m2 aka 2oolio, toolio

2oolio is well known for his bitch like tendencies, his propensity to lose games he calls and his failure to pick in the weekly pick 'em games. He's also well known for blatantly ripping off takes from other forums and getting busted for them. Will reply to you at 3 am because he's too much of a bitch to take you on during normal hours. Also loves attending Ren Fares. Likely unemployed and living with his mother.

Papa Willie aka shutyomouth, Spray

Papa Willie is part of the unholy gang here known as SEC Ball Sucking Homers. See: JSC, Carson, Slobbering Sam, etc. These guys will suck the balls of any and every SEC school as long as it suits their personal vendettas. They only hate their rivals when they play them, every other week they jump on their nuts and root them to victory! Strange, we know. They also live in backwater shanties where housing can be had for $25k. Papa Willie also has an unhealthy obsession with Rutgers, the northeast corridor and ESPN. It permeates every take he has.

Finally....

Van aka Vannie, Vannie in New Mexico

Van is a great and prolific poster known for his love of Southern Cal. Van got sick lately so who knows if he'll be around, but he knows his shit and knows his West Coast football.

I wish you a long, uncomfortable stay here at T1B, Carr Guy. Bend over and pucker up, buttercup, because scUM is going 7-4 this year.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Re: Welcome, Carr Guy! Here's a T1B BTPCFB Poster Primer

Post by WolverineSteve »

Since it's roughly an 80/20 probability that he's your troll (or mgo's, I cant really tell you two apart), does posting to yourself really make sense? Is it part of your clever master plan to throw us off the scent by posting to your own troll? While we're at it, why create trolls? Sure there have been some quality ones over the years but they are more the exception than the rule. Wouldn't the time spent trolling be better used to work up a decent cfb take or run some smack?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

WolverineSteve wrote:Since it's roughly an 80/20 probability that he's your troll (or mgo's, I cant really tell you two apart), does posting to yourself really make sense? Is it part of your clever master plan to throw us off the scent by posting to your own troll? While we're at it, why create trolls? Sure there have been some quality ones over the years but they are more the exception than the rule. Wouldn't the time spent trolling be better used to work up a decent cfb take or run some smack?
Shut up AP
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

kill the troll.

at what point is talking about "Michigan Men" in all facets of amazing life making anyone believe?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Wow, what a welcome. Thanks bro! I pretty much wrote this place off because of all the childish attacks towards me and calling me a "troll", etc., but how can I not come back after that? Also, I got a nice little encouraging private message from a poster here telling me I should stay. I'm not going to name names, but thank you for that. Good to know there are still some adults in cyber space.

Just wanted to touch on one thing real quick. Seems i've taken a lot of crap here for the "Michigan Man" comments and I was surprised by the backlash. I want to clarify what I meant. Being a Michigan Man doesn't necessarily have anything to do with football. It's about carrying yourself with honesty, character and integrity. Anybody could be a Michigan Man. You could be a Michigan Man. It could be helping a little old lady across the road or donating to charity when you don't really have the money. Just last week my uncle was broke and asked to borrow 20 bucks from me and I gave it to him. I didn't judge or ask questions. I helped him out in a time of need. That's what a true Michigan Man does. You live your life with values and character. Anyway, I hope that explanation helps.

I was impressed with my Wolverines on Saturday. We imposed our will on an undermanned team. Gardner is going to be a stud. Better than Braxton Miller, in my humble opinion. I'm calling my shot, I'm revising my prediction from 11-1 to 12-0. With this combo of O and D, no way we lose to anybody in conference.

I'm all fired up, baby!! Time for ND next week!

GO BLUE!!!
Those who stay will be champions.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

one of the buckeyes. has to. sparty.

captain obvious sure i know.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

King Crimson wrote:one of the buckeyes. has to. sparty.

Lighten up, Francis. Jesus, what are you, the Atomic Panties of BTPCFB? Obsess much?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
King Crimson wrote:one of the buckeyes. has to. sparty.

Lighten up, Francis. Jesus, what are you, the Atomic Panties of BTPCFB? Obsess much?
wha?

i think you are qualifying for atomic panties at this point. lacy ones. as usual.
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

If Screwey can dial up a pass play of more than 5 yards, he's instantly qualified for the OC position.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Continuing the poster primer for Carr Guy . . .

Screwy_in_DC: Like you, he graduated from one Michigan school in the MAC, yet roots for another Michigan school in the B1G. In his case, though, the schools in question are Western Michigan and Sparty.

Oh, he'll deny he's a Sparty fan until the cows come home. But every now and then, he'll inadvertently post something which shows his true colors. His obsession with Killian is directly on point in this regard. See, the school Killian graduated from is Sparty. And it's worth noting that ND is a relatively small school by FBS standards, and for that reason has fewer alumni than most BTPCF schools (about 150,000 living alumni, which, if anything, is probably a generous estimate). ND wouldn't be ND without its subway alumni, and even Screwy gets that (I think). Also, it seems to me that about half of the regular/semi-regular posters in here (educated guess) did not attend, or at least graduate from, the schools they root for, yet Screwy seems to focus his wrath exclusively on Killian (fwiw, the one poster Screwy spoke highly of -- Van -- fits into this category). And a while back, the coup-de-grace:

[quote='''Screwy"]People who graduated from Michigan State aren't allowed to root for Notre Dame.[/quote]

So it's quite clear that when it comes to Killian, Screwy's problem is not who he roots for, it's where he went to school. If Screwy really had a problem with people rooting for schools other than the ones they attended, he would have written:
People aren't allowed to root for schools they didn't attend.
Rather than
People who graduated from Michigan State aren't allowed to root for Notre Dame.
His problem with Killian, therefore, stems from the fact that, by rooting for Notre Dame, Killian, in his mind, is disrespecting his dream school. In a way, I can relate -- I used to feel that way back when I was 20 years old. I encountered a number of people at Notre Dame who were fans of schools other than Notre Dame -- used to blow my mind. In fact, one of the guys in my dorm openly pondered the possibility of rooting for North Carolina over us in the NCAA tourney my junior year, when the first two rounds were on the ND campus, and where ND and North Carolina stacked up as a potential second-round matchup. And dude was from New Jersey, not North Carolina. Fortunately, in the end he made what I considered the right choice. Of course, I'm not 20 anymore, so that wouldn't bother me today.

Oh, and one other difference between you and Screwy: he lives in DC now, and don't you forget it.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

As someone who knows Screwey personally, I can guarantee you he does not root for MSU. In fact, he often revels in their losses. The only time he "roots" for MSU is when they play UM or ND, but that's more out of pure schadenfreude than it is being pro-MSU. He doesn't like any of them, he just has a pecking order for the dislike.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

What about this scenario? Started rooting for a DI program as a kid, got accepted by said DI program but for personal and financial purposes decided to go to a school with no DI sports.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

How about this scenario:

Root for whoever the fuck you want. I started getting hardcore about CFB long before I was college-age, and the esteemed night school/CCs I've attended don't have any sports.

Just don't switch teams 810 times in a season. And have a team, unlike the hater who started this thread.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I agree, root for whom ever you want, just not a new team each week.

I also have no problem when fans use the term we. They invest their time, money, and heart so why can't they say we?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:And have a team, unlike the hater who started this thread.
I have a team, just like you have three-bill heifers on the weekend.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Carr Guy wrote:You could be a Michigan Man.

Just last week my uncle was broke and asked to borrow 20 bucks from me and I gave it to him.
I'm a "Missouri Man" and if a friend asks to borrow $20, I give him $40, assuming I have it to spare.

welcome aboard champ, but don't break your arm or a finger nail telling us what a great guy you are.

Stuff like that is what you're supposed to do.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:As someone who knows Screwey personally,
No dispute there, but . . .
I can guarantee you he does not root for MSU.
How, then, to square his singling out of Killian in this regard, where, as I said, probably half of the regulars/semi-regulars on this board root for a school they didn't attend (or at least, didn't graduate from), there are far easier targets on this board in that regard, (sup, 2oodles), and I would wager that even Screwy gets that ND wouldn't be ND without its subway alumni? Sorry, I'm having a really tough time buying the idea that Screwy isn't a closet Sparty fan.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Left Seater wrote:I agree, root for whom ever you want, just not a new team each week.
How about both teams in the same game?

Sin,
JSC
8/31/2013
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Sorry, I'm having a really tough time buying the idea that Screwy isn't a closet Sparty fan.
I know. Integrity and character are lost causes not only in college football but society in general.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Sorry, I'm having a really tough time buying the idea that Screwy isn't a closet Sparty fan.
What is your definition of a fan? If it's somebody who follows the team, makes a point to watch the games, knows the players etc., then I can guarantee you that screwy is not a fan.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Amazing that someone as insignificant as screwy is getting all this pub....

:meds:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

He certainly brings more entertainment to the board than you do. Sometimes, even intentionally.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

My job isn't to entertain bitter, miserable old fucks. If my posting style & content doesn't happen to flip your soiled panties, feel free to resist your compulsion to always respond to them.

Other than that, fuck off you festering old cunt.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The Seer wrote:My job isn't to entertain bitter, miserable old fucks. If my posting style & content doesn't happen to flip your soiled panties, feel free to resist your compulsion to always respond to them.
Your job, obviously, is not to entertain. Period.

“Always respond”? No, just when your posts seem to indicate that you feel you have some level of superiority to..well…to anyone.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Other than that, fuck off you festering old cunt.
E UNUM PLURIBUS