Johnny Cash will start for ATM on Saturday

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Johnny Cash will start for ATM on Saturday

Post by Left Seater »

So by now we all know the NCAA spent 6 hours with Johnny on Sunday. We don't yet know what came from that meeting but we can be certain that Johnny didn't admit to taking any cash. We can also safely assume that the NCAA asked Johnny why 4 separate times he signed items for dealers he didn't previously know, and didn't accept anything.

His history and his families threats also play into this decision. Let's get in the way back machine and return to Aug of 2012. Johnny Cash was suspended for the 2012 season. Kevin Sumlin goes ahead and names him the starter for the season opener over Jameill Showers. Then Sumlin pleads for his reinstatement. The family threatens to have Johnny transfer if the suspension isn't overturned. Magically the same person who suspended him decides to overturn the suspension and we all know the outcome of the 2012 season.

Since then we have all seen Johnny at damn near every high profile sporting event and concert in this country. We have seen the videos of him signing gear in hotel rooms and private homes, but no proof of money changing hands. We all know he did take the money, but can't prove it.

Then we have the Chancellor of the ATM system say that Johnny is a good kid and wouldn't do anything wrong. Wait what? The same Johnny that almost didn't ever play for ATM and the same Johnny that had legal troubles in High School? That kid wouldn't do anything wrong? When questioned the Chancellor admits that he hadn't actually spoken to Johnny, he just knew it. Then the Athletic Dept sends an email to booster saying there is no blueprint for dealing with what Johnny and his family had been thru. Nevermind the fact that Johnny brought everything upon himself. :meds:

All of this adds up to him playing Saturday. If he sits pending an NCAA ruling, that in itself is an admission of guilt. Further his dad said last night that if either the NCAA or ATM prevents Johnny from playing Saturday the family will file a lawsuit the next business day. Turns out the suit is already being put together but would only be filed if he isn't allowed to play.

Bottom line everyone knows he took the money, but unless his business manager turns against him, or another video surfaces, no one can prove it. Therefore he plays the whole season.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Johnny Cash will start for ATM on Saturday

Post by Carson »

Johnny Cash or Johnny Rotten?

Either way, he's not gonna sing.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

What a joke.

If this was happening elsewhere (i.e. USC-- schmick, get in here), this story would be all over ESeCPN every day, every minute painting the perfect picture of a team everyone is supposed to hate. But doing that here would be a conflict of interest, no doubt.

Just business as usual. Carry on. Carry on.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

L45B wrote:What a joke.

If this was happening elsewhere (i.e. USC-- schmick, get in here), this story would be all over ESeCPN every day, every minute painting the perfect picture of a team everyone is supposed to hate. But doing that here would be a conflict of interest, no doubt.

You must get a different ESPN feed than I do here in Texas. This story and Tebow have been mentioned daily. Hell, it was the lead story all morning long.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Little fast white guy. Runs a lot. Gets hurt. It'll happen.
But not 'til Bama gets him, right?

outside of OU/Tejas...this is the game i'm DYING to watch.

can't wait to see what Saban has in store for that punk ass, punk ass.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Left Seater wrote:
L45B wrote:What a joke.

You must get a different ESPN feed than I do here in Texas. This story and Tebow have been mentioned daily. Hell, it was the lead story all morning long.

It goes deeper than both of your little brains can comprehend.

It's a "Big Boy" article from the NYT... so it may make your head explode and you'll never be able to figure it out.

But, give it a shot... you just might learn something.

College Football’s Most Dominant Player? It’s ESPN

NYT major expose on ESPN and CFB

Johnny Manziel won the Heisman Trophy last season after his team, Texas A&M, moved to the Southeastern Conference and gained increased exposure on ESPN. “If we were in the Big 12, I don’t know that Johnny Manziel would have won the Heisman,” said Eric Hyman, the Texas A&M athletic director.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Manziel is a douche, but the NCAA is a hypocritical, obsolete, burning pile of fuck. I hope he gets away with it just to stick it to those rotting shitbags.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:... the NCAA is a hypocritical, obsolete, burning pile of fuck. I hope he gets away with it just to stick it to those rotting shitbags.

I don't get this hatred for the NCAA. Not singling you out here, many share that same view. But the NCAA is nothing without its member schools. The member schools make the rules, regulations, etc. Why not yell and scream about the schools themselves? If enough schools truly wanted changes at the NCAA it would happen.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So, I was wrong. Johnny Cash to be suspended for the first half of the game with us on Sat. :meds:

What is even the point. Clearly the NCAA found something, but now the punishment for taking money is the first half.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Left Seater wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:... the NCAA is a hypocritical, obsolete, burning pile of fuck. I hope he gets away with it just to stick it to those rotting shitbags.

I don't get this hatred for the NCAA. Not singling you out here, many share that same view. But the NCAA is nothing without its member schools. The member schools make the rules, regulations, etc. Why not yell and scream about the schools themselves? If enough schools truly wanted changes at the NCAA it would happen.
The NCAA is in charge of enforcement, which is the main beef that people have with them. They appear arbitrary and inconsistent.

And yes, I do believe change will come. I don't think the NCAA as we know it today will last.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Looks like this was TAMU imposed. So, JFF gets suspended for a half. Same as the player convicted of assult. Welcome to SEC Footbaw!!!!
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Left Seater wrote:I don't get this hatred for the NCAA.

Oh, I don't know, dipshit...

... maybe because of shit like this ?

Texas A&M was selling photos of Johnny
Manziel on the page announcing
his suspension. Of course:

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/ ... 16/photo/1

If you could stop eating for 5 minutes... you might have been able to read the article that I posted and it would have explained everything to you.

It's more than a couple paragraphs long... so, you may have to hold off on the food for an extra 5 minutes to get through those big words the NY Times uses.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Sounds fair to me...

Sin,

SuCfan.

:lol:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Johnny agreed to the rules when he signed on the dotted line. You and the Times don't have to like them, but they are still the rules.

The school can sell all the Johnny crap they want, and they don't owe him a single thing outside of what is outlined in his scholy.

Further the article is flawed and leaves out a few key things. First it implies that a BSU type rise would have been impossible prior to ESPN. Wrong. Look at a team like FSU back in the 60s and 70s. They just played anyone anywhere anytime. They won some, then won more, then won a lot of them.

It also implied that college games were never moved in the schedule, times never changed, and never played on any day outside of Saturdays. All are incorrect. ABC moved the '69 Texas Arkansas game from early Oct to Dec for TV based on Beno Cook's guess. Ticket stubs from the 60s and 70s show date and opponent, but no time. Rice played games on Thursday, Friday and Mondays in the 50s 60s and 70s.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Good news for the Aggies...that slap on the wrist was to his non-throwing hand.

We all know how Saturday will go...they'll struggle in the first half and then he comes and lights up the Owls and everyone is back to fawning over him.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Not so fast my friend, to use the words of Corso.

Rice is without our top 3 defensive players entering this game. Two are suspended for this game for breaking team rules. Rumor has it that it was a prank that many in their college were part of towards another college on campus, but that went wrong and a few injuries happened. The other is an injury.

I think Katy High could put up 30 on us on Saturday.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Katy High is no slouch.
E UNUM PLURIBUS