Nice forum

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: Nice forum

Post by Killian »

How many of those Florida kids committed 18 months before they were to sign? Greise was a preferred walk-on, Robinson came to UofM because they were the only school that would let him play QB, Baas was an offensive lineman which is a whole different deal, Carter was recruited at a time where all three Florida schools were shit, etc. The kid may end up at UofM. My guess is he doesn’t because UofM is competing with 3 instate powers that now have 18 months to convince the kid to stay away from the cold weather and near a place where Mama can come see him play. Of course stocking the roster with talent isn’t a bad thing. But tell me, how many recruits has UofM gotten out of Texas, LA or UF with offers from the big local schools recently? Campbell will be tough to keep committed where as Harris will be easier because Kentucky blows. Even then, the SEC is known to do things “differently” than other schools.

I would say the exact same thing about if they committed to ND, which is why I'm not thumping my chest because of the commitment of Jerry Tillery from Louisiana, who may be the #1 OT in the class of 2015. Big fucking deal. He goes to an LSU feeder school, so LSU now has 17 months to recruit against ND.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Carr Guy wrote:I'm not sure you do get it. You could live in Michigan your whole life, but until you're a part of the school and the culture, you woudln't understand. It's truly a special place with special people and it would take something life-changing for one of these kids to de-committ in my opinion. I don't know the circumstances behind why those kids you mentioned left, but they were obviously not sold on those programs.
Don't worry about Killian. Like millions of his fellow tardlings, he's a MSU grad with an inferiority complex who roots for ND to make up for his small penis. On the other hand, I'm a WMU grad who actually roots for WMU.
Bullshit. Your nic says it all.

With a nic like that, there are only three schools you could root for. And you have publicly dissed two of those schools on this board numerous times, one of them more severely than you have ever dissed Michigan.

You're a Sparty fan, quite obviously. But for some reason, either you think it's trendy to root for the little guy, or you want to diss Killian for rooting for a school other than the one he graduated from, you downplay that interest.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Carr Guy wrote:oops, I meant Big 2 Little 10.
Your conference has always been that way -- off the field, at least.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Good points Killian, but I like Hoke's policy against committed guys taking visits. He doesn't take commitments without making sure kids get all they want out of the process. Granted, some snake oil guys in Ohio and the south will continue to pursue highly ranked committed guys until signing day (not against any rules) but it happens to every school. We shall see. I'm hopeful of a top 5-10 class each year.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Killian

Post by Killian »

WolverineSteve wrote: I'm hopeful of a top 5-10 class each year.
Given what Hoke has shown thus far, that is almost a given. I think he and Kelly had a very similar list of pros and cons coming into their respective jobs. Everyone knew they both could coach, the issue was if they could reruit with the big boys. Yep. In a big, big way.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

RACROOOOOTING!!!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Yeah because Hoke WOULD NEVER go after a committed recruit...not a big enough roll eyes for that :meds:

Sin,

Kyle Kalis thinks your full of shit
Killian

Post by Killian »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:RACROOOOOTING!!!
Fuck Valenti. I can't wait until the new sports station starts and Drew Lane kicks his ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I don't listen to Valenti...97.1 is a bit out of my range, but his melts are second to none.
Killian

Post by Killian »

My bad. When anyone brings up recruiting on his show, that is his default response.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Recruiting is important, obviously, but I get a kick out of Michigan fans who think it's the end-all-be-all. Hoke is recruiting well, no doubt, but Michigan has always recruited well and they have 1/2 a championship in 50 years to show for it.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I get a kick out of how they think Hoke is above the fray of going after committed/verballed guys...

like I said see Kalis, Kyle

and what will come back is he made that decision on his own, OSU sanctions, etc...
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:I get a kick out of how they think Hoke is above the fray of going after committed/verballed guys...

like I said see Kalis, Kyle

and what will come back is he made that decision on his own, OSU sanctions, etc...
Didn't Kalis decommit before Hoke went after him? I know Harris did, pretty sure Kalis did as well. I don't think it's about being above anything, just the way he does business. Hell Urbs has offered guys that weren't offered until after committing to UM. That's his business, doesnt bother me, just not the way Hoke does it. There are several ways to skin this cat.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Killian

Post by Killian »

WolverineSteve wrote:I don't think it's about being above anything, just the way he does business. Hell Urbs has offered guys that weren't offered until after committing to UM. That's his business, doesnt bother me, just not the way Hoke does it. There are several ways to skin this cat.
Oh rly?

August 5, 2013

Josh Helmholdt
Recruiting Analyst

Talk about it in The Main Board
Warren (Mich.) De La Salle's Jared Wangler committed to Penn State in May after a visit to State College, but an offer from his father's alma mater has given the linebacker something to think about.

Michigan came through with an offer for Wangler on Saturday, and the 6-foot-2, 215-pound linebacker says he has a decision to make between the two schools.

"I have grown up with Michigan and always been a Michigan fan since I was a little kid," Wangler said. "It's definitely something I am going to consider, but as of right now I have not made any decisions.

"Penn State, I can't say enough about the program and the coaches. I really like it at Penn State.

"I speak with my position coach and Coach [Bill] O'Brien pretty [regularly]. I think highly of both of them. They are both great guys and seem like they are doing things the right way. They have the program going in the right direction and Penn State is definitely a great spot to be. I still feel strongly about Penn State."

Not only was Wangler's father a quarterback for the Wolverines in the early 1980's, but his brother is walking on with the football team and his sister is walking on with the basketball team starting this fall. The chance to play with his brother, as well as other friends, is something he is considering.

"I always loved playing with my brother and Shane [Morris] is up there too and I'm really close with Shane," Wangler said. "Ever since yesterday they have been texting me and calling me non-stop, telling me to go there."

Other schools like LSU and Indiana have also offered since Wangler committed to Penn State, but at this time he is only considering Penn State and Michigan. Discussions with his family are on-going, but Wangler hopes to have his plans set by the end of the summer.

"I kind of want to get it done with before the season starts," he said. "I really want to make my senior season about the team and not have to worry about where I am going to play in college."
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

His dad played for Bo and tossed TD's to Anthony Carter, not really stealing a kid. We'll see what happens. I thought I heard he was going to walk on as a WR, wonder who I'm thinking of....legacy kid....googling.

EDIT
His brother is th walk on WR
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

What's up, guys??? College football is almost here! I'm getting puuuuuuuuumped! :mrgreen:
Those who stay will be champions.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

so, whose troll is UM2?

yeah, let's talk about football and then talk about anything but....eh?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Actually, you meant Big 2 Little 12. But who's counting?
Carr Guy wrote:I'm not sure you do get it. You could live in Michigan your whole life, but until you're a part of the school and the culture, you woudln't understand. It's truly a special place with special people
You're talking about Central Michigan, right?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Why do I imagine that Bud Selig Carr Guy is like Killitard?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Actually, you meant Big 2 Little 12. But who's counting?
Carr Guy wrote:I'm not sure you do get it. You could live in Michigan your whole life, but until you're a part of the school and the culture, you woudln't understand. It's truly a special place with special people
You're talking about Central Michigan, right?
Awww, come on now. I am a Wolverine through and through. Just because I don't have that little piece of paper from the University of Michigan doesn't deny that. Look, when I was going to Central I spent almost all my weekends going to AA, partying, just being on campus and breathing in that glorious UofM air. It's in my blood. Met many people and formed many relationships there. I've had season tickets for 10 years. I've donated to the university and the athletic dept.

So what were you saying?

Just kidding, bro...it's all goooood! :mrgreen:
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

And yes I applied to Michigan and didn't get in. I make no bones about that! No shame in not getting into the best public university in the world though. Would you be ashamed if you didn't make the cut as a NAVY SEAL? Didn't think so. It's basically the same thing.

Anyway, who cares. let's talk football.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

So you are a Central grad?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Yessir. Fire up Chips!

(except this Saturday)
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Ah yes, you'll fit right in here with all those other douches who don't root for their alma maters.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

I root for my alma mater. I'll be pulling for them to win the MAC. We have the offense to do it, but I'm not sold on Enos as our head coach. He doesn't really care about football, he's just in it for the paycheck. He has said as much.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carr Guy wrote:I root for my alma mater.
No, you don't, as you just said 10 min ago.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Fuck, you're not Fredo anymore. You're god damn Sybil.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Carr Guy wrote:And yes I applied to Michigan and didn't get in. I make no bones about that! No shame in not getting into the best public university in the world Ann Arbor though.
FTFY.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:Fuck, you're not Fredo anymore. You're god damn Sybil.
Screw_Michigan wrote:Ah yes, you'll fit right in here with all those other douches who don't root for their alma maters.
What do you know? Right on time.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Log back in under your Carr Guy handle to keep this thread going a little longer.

BTW, when was the last time you broke down WMU or posted about them? That's what I thought.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Don't lump me in with that guy. I know his type. The self-righteous kind that says you can't root for anybody but your alma mater. What if you went to Northwood or Hillsdale or something like that? You're going to tell me that you can't root for one of the large state schools? Give me a break. My taxes help fund the schools. Those small schools, including the MAC, will never compete with the big boys. You can root for both a small school and a big school. It's like rooting for both the Toledo mudhens and the Detroit Tigers, they're at different levels.

And you're right, Killian, these people that say they only root for like Central or Western never even know anything about their supposed team. I'll bet this guy can't even name his starting quarterback.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Carr Guy wrote:Don't lump me in with that guy. I know his type. The self-righteous kind that says you can't root for anybody but your alma mater. What if you went to Northwood or Hillsdale or something like that? You're going to tell me that you can't root for one of the large state schools? Give me a break. My taxes help fund the schools. Those small schools, including the MAC, will never compete with the big boys. You can root for both a small school and a big school.

I think it was more this statement that cracked me up:
You could live in Michigan your whole life, but until you're a part of the school and the culture, you woudln't understand.
You've never been a part of the school and its culture. You've only been a football fan. If you had ever been a student there, I'm sure you'd recognize the difference.

Face it. You'll never be a "Michigan Man". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carr Guy wrote:What if you went to Northwood or Hillsdale or something like that?
Of course you're really that stupid, you went to Central.

P.S. Rack Gobbles McTubesteak.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Jsc810 wrote:
Carr Guy wrote:Those small schools, including the MAC, will never compete with the big boys.
Great point.

Sincerely,
Appalachian State

One or three wins over a BCS school(s) doesn't mean they can compete on a week in week out basis. Props to App State, they won three D-1AA titles in a row in the mid 2000s, but they wouldn't be bowl eligible most years in the WAC, MAC or C-USA.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:Props to App State, they won three D-1AA titles in a row in the mid 2000s, but they wouldn't be bowl eligible most years in the WAC, MAC or C-USA.
You do realize they're making the move to 1-A, right?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I do. To the Sunbelt with a number of other schools moving up from D-1A, and some left overs. That doesn't mean they can complete in the MAC. Hell, UTSA is in their third year of football ever and they are in D-1.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Carr Guy wrote:Don't lump me in with that guy. I know his type. The self-righteous kind that says you can't root for anybody but your alma mater. What if you went to Northwood or Hillsdale or something like that? You're going to tell me that you can't root for one of the large state schools? Give me a break. My taxes help fund the schools. Those small schools, including the MAC, will never compete with the big boys. You can root for both a small school and a big school.

I think it was more this statement that cracked me up:
You could live in Michigan your whole life, but until you're a part of the school and the culture, you woudln't understand.
You've never been a part of the school and its culture. You've only been a football fan. If you had ever been a student there, I'm sure you'd recognize the difference.

Face it. You'll never be a "Michigan Man". Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I've never been a part of the school and the culture? Bullshit. Just because I didn't sit down at a lecture there doesn't mean I wasn't part of the culture. My roots are in Ann Arbor.

A Michigan Man goes way beyond what you think. It's not just about the football team. It's a way of life. Hell, YOU could be a Michigan Man. It's living your life through great integrity and honesty. Being a GREAT man. That's what a Michigan Man is all about.

Tell me, who do you root for? Did you attend that school?
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Carr Guy wrote:What if you went to Northwood or Hillsdale or something like that?
Of course you're really that stupid, you went to Central.
Yes, I did go to Central. And so what about the kids that go to Northwood and Hillsday? You didn't answer that question. Are they allowed to root for UofM or MSU? Because apparently you wrote the rulebook on who you can and can't root for, so I'm just curious.

Jesus christ, this place is full of a bunch of petty assholes that like to argue stupid shit. I thought this was the place to talk college football. Fucking talk the game or shut the fuck up. God damnit. You people are a fucking bore. Fuck.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Carr Guy wrote:Michigan Man.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carr Guy wrote:what about the kids that go to Northwood and Hillsday? You didn't answer that question. Are they allowed to root for UofM or MSU?
Yes, because they don't have 1-A football programs.

Moron.