OU sucks!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

OU sucks!

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Apparently, the Monday Night Raw crowd in Austin tonight was also anxious for football season to start. Gotta rack the hearty "OU sucks!" chant for Jack Swagger (aka former Sooner All-American Jake Hager, Jr.). August 29 can't get here soon enough...
"Keys, woman!"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: OU sucks!

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Fuck Texas and fuck their ball-less cow they worship too.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I would rather worship a steer than be from or root for Oklahoma.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Harvdog wrote:I would rather worship a steer than be from or root for Oklahoma.

well get down on that bull pussy!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Hager was an all-american in wrasslin at OU. he quit football pretty early despite being a solid small town OK recruit from Perry, OK. Perry is my dad's hometown. the high school baseball field there is named after my grampa. he had offers from St. Louis and the Cubs to play in their newly formed minor league system. a pitcher, my grampa, he compared his stuff to Greg Maddux, a lesser version he said obviously. Perry is wrasslin powerhouse in OK. too bad Waz ain't around anymore, he's from Fairfax just up the road. he'd tell ya.

people still watch pro wrestling?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

King Crimson wrote:

This.

Who knew it was even around?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Left Seater wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

This.

Who knew it was even around?
Almost 14 million people a week. What, you thought it went belly-up when Koko B. Ware retired?
"Keys, woman!"
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
Almost 14 million people a week. What, you thought it went belly-up when Koko B. Ware retired?

Who?

Makes sense though that it pulls in similar numbers to day time soap operas, since it's all the same.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Left Seater wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:

Who?

Makes sense though that it pulls in similar numbers to day time soap operas, since it's all the same.
Funny that you'd compare it to daytime soaps, as that's the only other form of televised entertainment that doesn't have reruns or an off-season. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but you have to offer up some grudging respect to a company that offers up 5-6 hours of original programming a week, 52 weeks a year. Although I've never heard of soap actors tearing muscles, breaking bones or getting staples in their heads after a particularly grueling shoot....
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

I don't know what to tell you guys. You either get it or you don't. Whether it's Jackass, Howard Stern, pro wrestling or the Insane Clown Posse, I can appreciate all kinds of lowbrow entertainment, as long as it's willing to acknowledge its shortcomings and poke fun at itself. If Lefty and schmick would rather spend their Monday nights listening to Brahms or taking in some Shakespeare in the park, who am I to judge? I'll stick with oily, muscular dudes pretend-fighting, thank you very much...
"Keys, woman!"
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Hey, whatever floats your boat man.

I have actually been to one of these men's soaps before. The wrestlemania came to Houston in the spring of 2009. One of our big corporate partners, Miller Lite, I think, had front row seats to this show. They didn't really have anyone that wanted them in their office so they gave them to us. The tickets also included passes to their "sponsor" tent outside with free beer and food. None of the seven of us were all that excited about the show but went anyway mostly for the free food and beer. We stayed in the sponsor tent till after the show started and when we went in some producer was yelling at us for being late. He really wanted the ringside seats filled for tv. D-Bag was back after the first match we saw and told us we had to be more animated for the broadcast. We told him to f-off. One more match later some dude in a suit came by to explain how good our seats were and that we were so lucky to be sitting where we were and how our seats were ours to keep and would be collectors items, etc. He then pleaded with us to "help him out with the broadcast" and at least pretend. We told him to go f-himself. One match later when the third dude showed up and I hadn't even so much as stood up at this point for a match, I was ready to leave. Dude starts the same old line about how great the seats are, etc. I stop him and ask him if the seats really are ours to keep and if they are collectors items. He says they are, I fold mine up and head for the exit with dud yelling behind me.

I go back to the beer tent and stake out a spot near the front where many people will walk by once the show is over. I end up selling my chair with cold stone guy on it for $500.

So in all I have seen three matches live which was prolly two too many and got $500 for a chair.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Cool story, bro. Here's mine:

A few months before the Wrestlemania that you attended, I was talking to my then-girlfriend who was way out of my league. She was saying something about how she wanted to have a wine and cheese party. (She's always throwing these elaborate theme parties and I occasionally still get Facebook invites to them.) I told her that's funny, because I was thinking about throwing a Wrestlemania party and that we should combine them. She chuckled a little, but I ran with the idea, and Wine, Cheese & Wrestlemania was born. I've hosted it four of the past five years, with the exception being 2010, when 'Mania came to Phoenix and I had to be there in person. The first one was basically just a wine & cheese party with Wrestlemania on in the background, but it's gotten a little more elaborate each year, with WWE plates, napkins and balloons alongside a broad assortment of fine wines and artisan cheeses. This past April, I made two baked Bries wrapped in phyllo that were huge hits - one had organic French strawberry preserves and sliced almonds in it and the other one had pancetta and pesto. I also dropped almost $100 on gourmet custom cupcakes. I got a dozen each of Rocky Road (for the Rock fans), Fruity Pebbles (for the Cena fans), champagne (for the wine fans) and red velvet with a white chocolate WWE logo on top.

It's pretty ridiculous, especially since 95% of the folks who show up are like you and couldn't give two shits about wresting, but after a few glasses of pinot noir, anything is entertaining, I guess.

I remember when I was buying tickets for WM in Phoenix and I briefly considered splurging on ringside seats like the ones you had. They were $750 a pop and I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. I knew about the whole "keep your seat" thing, but if I'd known I could almost make my money back on it, I probably would've gone for it. I did wind up splurging for a 6th-row floor seat for Monday Night Raw about a year ago. That was pretty fun. Got on TV a couple times.
"Keys, woman!"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Sounds badass, Mike.

My boy's enthusiasm for wwe has slowly worn off...but he's still a HUGE mysterio fan...he still runs around with one of his masks on lol. (he's 7)
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Where's the_ouskull when you need him? I seem to recall him being a pretty big wrestling mark. You'd think the thread title would catch his eye...
"Keys, woman!"