Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The over under for the winning score this weekend at that vicious test of golf here in the U&R, River highlands TPC.

I remember when the TPC folks bought edgewood CC back in the 80s and completely redid it. It wasn't going to be like that pitch and putt, wethersfield CC. No sir, this was going to be a REAL golf course which pros would be happy to post an under par number on. It was going to be a US Open type course. It would bring out the best.

Uhhh, yeah, right. We've had about a foot of rain in the last few weeks which have softened this tomato up nicely and the alleged pros (real pros take the week after the Open off) are buttfukking it in the mouf. Last I checked the leader played the back in 30(he went off there). And he birdied 3 of the first 5 on the front. The weather today is absolutely magnificent and will continue through the weekend, although it might be a little warm by saturday. Expect to see Dear Leader like numbers put up.

The smart money is taking the over on this one. Or would that be under?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: -32

Post by smackaholic »

Well, the leader only managed a 62. Must have run out of gas towards the end. Maybe the winning score won't get into the -30s.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Charlie Hoffman just finished at 61.

But some dudes are clowning that course (as per usualm).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And Bubba just drove a par 4...

with his 3W.

Made the putt, too.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I remember the last time I played Edgewood with my grandpa, some time in the mid 80s. He was a member there in the 50-60s. It was what I would consider an above average public course. TPC had just announced they were buying it and were going to turn it into a monster. They had all sorts of artist renderings of what they were going to do. Pair 5s well over 600 yards, etc.

Yeah, right.

This won't be no fukking wethersfield CC pitch and put. It won't take 20 under to win here, they said. They were right. 20 under doesn't stand a chance. 25 prolly won't win either. I will bet the cut will be between 5 and 10 under.

Oh well, I guess folks like to see birds and an eagle here and there. If so, TPC highlands is your huckleberry.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:And Bubba just drove a par 4...

with his 3W.

Made the putt, too.
Yeah, so long as you get the timing right and don't hit the windmill blade, that hole is easy. :lol: :lol:
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

so I wonder if the anti Eldrick crowd is going to come in here and condemn Bubba's behavior toward his caddy and his little hissy fit????

I mean after all if that were the red clad one we would be subjected to how much of a douche he is
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PRAISE JESUS!!!!!

Bubs was just doing the "do unto others" thing that the thumpers recommend (for everyone else).

I tolerate Ben Crane because he's from my homeburb... just barely. The rest of the Gopd Squad can pretty much go fuck themselves. We're talking about people who have their own personal version of the Bible, God's Rule Book... they interperet it to read "don't work on Sundays... unless there's a cool mil in it for you."

Bubba, Zach Johnson, the rest of the Jesus Crew... take it all away[/steveelkington]. It's like Nick Wallenda with a 9 iron instead of a balance pole.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Are you telling me that for 39 bucks and a few dollars in gas, I could have watched Bubba lose his religion in living color?

Fukk me. That would have been worth it.

So, what exactly did he do? Something to do with that triple bogie, I trust?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bubs was boat-racing in to the finish, up a couple, and rinsed one on the par-3 16th with a bit of a duff. Then at the drop-zone, he flew it a bit long. "You're telling me that's the yardage?" he ranted at his caddie.

The announcers summed it up best -- "YOU hit it, Bud."

Like the vast majority of thumpers, dude is a total dick who puts on a happy face in public... usually.

He douched, hard.

Missed the green after the drop, too. Then made a 2putt after a greenside chip. It was awesome.

WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?????

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devi ... 22612.html
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

After watching the vid a couple of times, sure looks like he caught it thin, making it go long and low... which obviously makes it the caddie's fault.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Have you ever seen Eldrick blame his caddie? Every time he misses he at least has the decency to curse himself.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Afterwards, Bubs qwas all "we just mis-clubbed."

Dude, you hit a wedge, and it never got more than about 40 feet in the air.

And it went long? Wow, that never happens.

Who among us hasn't cooned one in and missed long?

But at least his chip from the fringe only left him about a 500 foot putt.

The loss is obviously the result of a vast conspiracy -- they printed a special copy of the yardage book, showing a false number, just for Bubs. I'm not a professional caddie (or golfer), but I'm pretty sure I can figure out yardage from the book in a freaking drop zone. Usually not a well-guarded secret.

What a douche.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Not to mention from the motherfukking tee. I don't get out as often as I should these days, but, I am pretty sure they still have real pretty diagramed signs at every tee with yardages posted. I am also pretty sure that having played that course many times, he knows what the fukk he is gonna hit, give or take a club before yardage boy spouts off a number. If he is a little off, you are a little off ON THE FUKKING GREEN. He splashed it. So even if the distance wasn't perfect, his lubbing it is why he missed.

Fukk off Bubba. I got a new least favorite golfer, not that I pay enough attention to it to bother.

BTW, Eldrick is still a douche as well. He just has more company.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:Afterwards, Bubs qwas all "we just mis-clubbed."

Dude, you hit a wedge, and it never got more than about 40 feet in the air.

And it went long? Wow, that never happens.

Who among us hasn't cooned one in and missed long?

But at least his chip from the fringe only left him about a 500 foot putt.

The loss is obviously the result of a vast conspiracy -- they printed a special copy of the yardage book, showing a false number, just for Bubs. I'm not a professional caddie (or golfer), but I'm pretty sure I can figure out yardage from the book in a freaking drop zone. Usually not a well-guarded secret.

What a douche.
gotta agree, Bubba was being pretty much of a douchebag.....he asked his caddy for the yardage on the 178 yard par 3, then fats a wedge into the pond at which time he looks at his caddy as if the caddy gave him the wrong yardage.....thing was the pin was way in back and he was at least 20 yards short of where he needed to hit it......cooning the sand wedge from the drop zone was just a bonus......I'm sure he's a decent enough guy, but the last time I played in a tournament and one of my buds was caddying for me, he told me it was 165 to the front, and 176 to the pin......I tried to hit an easy 6 iron and deaccelerated the club (by the way, deacceleration never works, but it seems I'm still trying to prove it to myself) which in turn resulted in me excavating a beaver tail divot and hitting 20 yards short of the green....I now realize I should have turned to him and said "are you sure that's the right distance?" after watching Bubba, I'm now convinced my bud was trying to purposely make me lose the tournament......I still payed him by buying him a couple of beers afterward, but now I feel I should have withheld those beers until he apologized for giving me the wrong yardage.....
get out, get out while there's still time
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

next time try decellarating instead.

as for Bubba, no, he is not a nice guy. he is a fukking douche. blowing jesus on national television repeatedly will not change this fact.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:next time try decellarating instead.

the only time de-cel works is in a flashlight, otherwise it's a disaster in golf
doesn't matter where you're at, whether its the tee box or a 5 foot putt, it never works consistently....you might get away with it a time or two, but it's going to catch up to you.....
it's the most common swing flaw I see in amateur players......
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

(insert facepalm jesus dude here)

lemme try this again.......

[lame spelling smack]next time try decellarating instead[/lame spelling smack]

deaccelerate is not a word to the best of my knowledge.

to your point, i learned a very long time ago, probably the first time on a course, that you can not try to swing easy. a golf shot's force is simply a function of swing length. it has fukk all to do with how hard you are swinging on anything other than puts and maybe extremely short chips.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

smackaholic wrote:next time try decellarating instead.
Next time, try cracking a fucking dictionary.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I did.

Actually, I cracked mr google. and from what i gathered, decelerate is the word he was looking for. i put deaccelerate in and it said 'see decelerate'.

the bottom line is, deaccelerate may technically be a word, but, it is pretty clumsy and anyone with even as tenuous a grasp of written english as yours truely, would go with decelerate. Technically, in scientific terms, or HS physics anyhoo, it is all acceleration which simply means change in velocity over a given time.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote: the bottom line is, deaccelerate may technically be a word, but, it is pretty clumsy and anyone with even as tenuous a grasp of written english as yours truely, would go with decelerate. Technically, in scientific terms, or HS physics anyhoo, it is all acceleration which simply means change in velocity over a given time.
so if I'd written it as de-accelerate, would you feel less injured....

I think the point I was trying to make was more important than my apparent inappropriate choice of the correct verb....

but phuque off and fuck off pretty much say the same thing don't you think?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Golf grammar smack? We truly have reached a new low.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I understood exactly what you said. Just pointed out that it was shitty writing, is all.

B, it was not grammar or even spelling smack, just clumsy/made up word smack.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I talked to the Moderator here, and he said you guys should knock it off...

Unless you don't want to, then feel free to carry on.

That's what I think he said anyway... he's kind of a drunk.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:I understood exactly what you said. Just pointed out that it was shitty writing, is all.
wait a minute.....
the bottom line is, deaccelerate may technically be a word, but, it is pretty clumsy and anyone with even as tenuous a grasp of written english as yours truely, would go with decelerate. Technically, in scientific terms, or HS physics anyhoo, it is all acceleration which simply means change in velocity over a given time.
and you want to lecture me about clumsy writing after pounding out this monstrosity?

priceless......
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

now, that right there is just shitty spelling. has nothing to do with clumsy writing or made up words.