Golston out at ND

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Golston out at ND

Post by Laxplayer »

Huge blow to ND as Everett Golston is not enrolled at ND anymore. Apparently something to do with plagerism.
Fuck, I can't watch another abortion that is a Tommy Rees performance.......can they bring back anyone but him? going to be a long season
for the Domers. How much of a fucking idiot is Gunner Kiel now?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Golston out at ND

Post by King Crimson »

just saw that on a Colorado board.

as easy as digital cheating is these days....and i taught college for 8 years....to even get caught is moronic. and if you are the QB at Notre Dame....colossal stupidity.

rack Notre Dame the institution. if true. and the teacher who stood up. because that shit ain't easy.

edit: i don't any details about the issue....i'm soap boxing a bit. from experience, a teacher chasing and proving cheating issues is tough. even though you know. and it's not really worth your time spent...to be honest.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dude, you don't know your own QB's name? Errrr, former QB? It's Golson.
How much of a fucking idiot is Gunner Kiel now?
Yeah, how did he not have the foresight to see this coming? :?
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Wow...Golston, Golson...how about dumb shit. Kiel didn't want to compete which is why he bailed. Kind of a prima dona.....did I spell that right?
What the hell was Keil thinking......wow this is going to be tough beating out Tommy Rees for the back up spot where you're only one snap away from being a starter......yeah that couldn't have taken too much foresight. :meds:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

wow this is going to be tough beating out Tommy Rees for the back up spot where you're only one snap away from being a starter......yeah that couldn't have taken too much foresight.
Starter at Cincy (or just about anywhere) > a backup at ND
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Dude, you don't know your own QB's name? Errrr, former QB? It's Golson.
How much of a fucking idiot is Gunner Kiel now?
Yeah, how did he not have the foresight to see this coming? :?

The poster that started this thread is a known pedophile/idiot.

The fact that he doesn't know the name of the qb that started for a school that he never attended, yet proclaims an allegiance to... isn't all that mind boggling.

I busted the ped on a Notre Dame message board (going Diego) on a 16 year old kid, and now 99.9% of his posts have something to do with me.

I posted a link... to his Diegoism on the Notre Dame board... and the guy was ostracized.

He never got over it... hence, 99.9% of his posts are about me on this board.

Steer clear... of the queer/pedophile. Best advice.

and for your time... I give you a Rennie Girl that likes the taste of a pickle.

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Laxplayer wrote:Fuck, I can't watch another abortion that is a Tommy Rees performance.......can they bring back anyone but him? going to be a long season
for the Domers. How much of a fucking idiot is Gunner Kiel now?
I understand the reasons why Kiel transferred. But from ND's perspective, it didn't seem like a really big deal at the time, but it looms huge now.

Rees deserves credit for his perseverance and for making the most out of his God-given athletic ability. But what he shouldn't be is the starting QB for a team that expects to compete at the elite level of BTPCF. He just doesn't have the athletic ability for that. We've seen what this team looks like when Rees is the man, and it's an 8-4 team.

I've heard some good things about Zaire but I have qualms about handing things over to a true freshman. Hendrix has been the forgotten man in all of this, perhaps it's his turn to get a shot. I have to believe the team has, at a minimum, a higher ceiling with Hendrix than it does with Rees.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Fauria, Shaq Evans, Vanderdoes.....ND the gift that keeps on giving....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Ya know Dave with all these recruits and players UCLA is getting from ND......shouldn't you be treating me to a round of golf?
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Laxplayer wrote:Ya know Dave with all these recruits and players UCLA is getting from ND......shouldn't you be treating me to a round of golf?
We're way overdue....lemme know what works.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Dude, you don't know your own QB's name? Errrr, former QB? It's Golson.
Not as bad as the hatchet piece a few years back from the right-wing Moonie rag Washington Times that referred to Julius Jones as Julius "Johnson" and Rudy as "fictional."
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Are you still at TPC or did you give that up?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

well Hendrix is from St. X in Cincy right? Pretty much a big time HS program so he should have some pedigree there...

I would give Hendrix a shot...it couldn't be worse than Rees...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

buckeye_in_sc wrote:well Hendrix is from St. X in Cincy right? Pretty much a big time HS program so he should have some pedigree there...
Hendrix went to Moeller, actually. Luke Massa, who also plays at ND, and was originally recruited by Kelly to Cincinnati then followed Kelly to ND, is from St. X. Massa was a QB but then was converted to WR when ND had a logjam at QB.

Moeller used to be better than St. X. Dunno if that's still the case.

In case you're wondering how/why I know about all this . . . I was at ND when Faust was the coach -- he came from Moeller. Also, my college roommate was from Cincinnati and went to high school at St. X.
I would give Hendrix a shot...it couldn't be worse than Rees...
Agree and disagree.

I think ND has a lower floor with Hendrix than with Rees. But I also think it has a higher ceiling with Hendrix than with Rees.

All things considered, I would go with Hendrix, were it up to me.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Yeah, Kelly should just bend over and let the kid go wherever he wants after he signed his letter of intent. Great call, as usual.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i like the "honorable thing" play from the guy who says players should only be allowed to play for teams in the state they are from....

we should limit free choices in one way, but not the other.

i think Kelly is being a little bit of a bitch about it.....but, sometimes you have to be a bitch to set things right.

nothing is more successful in establishing true authority than a bit of arbitrary use of power.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

and whoever has the keys to m2, love the pickle pic.
"
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Vanderdoes' situation has fuck-all to do with Golson's situation, which was the original topic of this thread, so I'll probably regret even dignifying Schmick's comments with a response, but since others have done it already . . .

What Schmick either fails to realize or ignores completely is that Vanderdoes already signed a LOI, which is a binding contract for both parties. ND relied to its detriment on that, in that ND now has one fewer scholarship player for this season, at least. As far as I can see, there has been no change of circumstance since Vanderdoes signed the LOI which would render compliance with it unconscionable now. Word is that Vanderdoes' grandmother is dying. If so, I am truly sorry for him and his family, but a few thoughts come to mind:

1. How many people lose a grandparent during their college years? More than merely a handful, I'd venture to guess.

2. If this is the reason for wanting to be closer to home, why is a kid from Sacramento angling to play at UCLA? Last I checked, UCLA was 400+ miles from Sacramento. Closer to home than ND is? Undoubtedly. Closer enough to make a significant difference? Not so sure about that, he'd still have to fly home if something were to happen.
King Crimson wrote:i like the "honorable thing" play from the guy who says players should only be allowed to play for teams in the state they are from....

we should limit free choices in one way, but not the other.
Rack. And Schmick's perfect world scenario flies in the face of existing NCAA rules, fwiw.
i think Kelly is being a little bit of a bitch about it.....but, sometimes you have to be a bitch to set things right.

nothing is more successful in establishing true authority than a bit of arbitrary use of power.
I have to disagree with you on this . . . at least in part. Kelly is treating Vanderdoes like a man. You want to break your contract with us? I can't stop you from doing that, if that's what you want, but there are consequences.

Yeah, it sucks for the kid now, but in the long term, it's what's best for him. Not surprising that Schmick can't see that.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Mostly agree with Terry. The only thing is ND doesn't really lose a scholarship, instead they just give it to a walk on who has earned it.

This situation also shows how silly the one year renewable scholarships really are. Players and schools should be making a 4 year commitment to each other, not just one year commitments 4 times.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Left Seater wrote:This situation also shows how silly the one year renewable scholarships really are. Players and schools should be making a 4 year commitment to each other, not just one year commitments 4 times.
This. A thousand times over.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Class move Kelly, a kid who has never even set foot on your campus has decided that he doesnt want to go there, instead of doing the honorable thing and allowing him to go where he wants, they say "fuck you kid" you have to lose eligibility if you want out of here"
So the kid never set foot on the campus at ND. Didn't he take an official or unofficial visit? Didn't the kid know that ND was 2000+ miles away from his home? How many of us have lost a grandparent? Probably most if not all of us. How far away were our grandparents when they passed away? For most probably a long way. Here's the life lesson. You keep the kid bound by the contract he signed. If he needs to go home or any kid needs to go home for personal reasons they go. What happens when kids get jobs in the real world and get moved away from their families? Can they claim they need to be closer to home? What happens if a kid gets drafted? Can they just say, hey my grandmother is ill I can't play for you, can you trade me to a team closer?
I feel bad for the kid and my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family but what type of precedent would this set if Kelly let the kid out of his LOI? What if his grandparents are divorced and his dad lives in Chicago and he gets sick does EV then say to Mora hey Jim, can you let me out of my schollie so I can go be closer to my grandfather.
Once again Schmick you fail to see the bigger picture and constantly find a way to bad mouth ND. It's cool though, and it's actually kind of entertaining.
Killian

Post by Killian »

He was 18, dip shit. But nice try.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote:Vanderdoes and the kid at FSU were both minors when they signed those letters of intent. If schools can wait list a student until May, then a high school student should have the same right. If youre in your 20s and sign a contract, then make them hold to it, if you're a teenager, there has to be wiggle room.
Exactly the reason why the parents or legal guardians also are required to sign the LOI.

So while you are randomly pulling a 20 something number out of your ass, what about the 35 year olds (absolute minimum) that counter signed the LOI along side the player?
Killian

Post by Killian »

He's not a regular student, idiot. He's being admitted as a student athlete and being given a full scholarship. He's an adult, making an adult decision worth $50k+ a year.

And he didn't have to sign in February, he chose to. And he can, and did choose a different school. But he signed a contract, he suffers the repercussions of his change of heart.
Killian

Post by Killian »

And now we know why that douche pump is so concerned about these situations:

Father: Matthew Thomas prefers USC
Updated: June 11, 2013, 3:47 AM ET
By Joe Schad | ESPN.com

The father of Florida State incoming freshman linebacker Matthew Thomas said Monday night that his son wants to attend USC.

"He made a decision for himself. It's USC," Billy Thomas said.

According to Billy Thomas, Matthew Thomas' mother said on signing day that she would not sign paperwork for him to attend USC but would for the Seminoles.

Matthew Thomas could not be reached. Billy said Matthew's mother -- whom he said he is not together with -- is out of the country.

A separate source said Matthew Thomas has not clearly told Florida State that he will not attend there, and that family conflict and outside influences are affecting the situation.

Thomas, 6-foot-3, 205 pounds, was rated as ESPN's top linebacker prospect this year and the No. 6 player overall.

If Thomas, a Florida native, were to enroll at USC and not receive a release from Florida State or the National Letter of Intent group, he could follow in the path of signee Eddie Vanderdoes, who recently switched from Notre Dame to UCLA.

Vanderdoes is giving up one of his four total years of playing eligibility and also sitting out his freshman year as penalty for breaking his commitment.

"No disrespect to Florida State but Matthew is willing to take the punishment if there is one," Billy Thomas said. "He's hoping Jimbo will let him go."

Asked why Matthew wants to attend USC and not Florida State, his father said: "On signing day he didn't want to hurt his mom. But he's more excited now. It's about tradition. And surroundings. And excitement."

Billy Thomas said that, in Matthew's appeal, his son said he had "listened to my mother, who raised me, but now this [Florida State] isn't in my heart."

Florida State has shown no inclination to release Thomas from his scholarship without what it believes to be a compelling reason.

Coaches around the country applauded Notre Dame's decision not to release Vanderdoes and are hoping FSU does not release Thomas, for fear of setting a precedent requiring coaches to continue recruiting incoming freshmen.

"Don't pull teeth that aren't loose," Billy Thomas said. "I know it's tough for Jimbo and Florida State. They thought they caught the big fish. But I think they ought to just release him."

Dad says Thomas to be a Trojan

Gerard Martinez
Senior Analyst

Talk about it in The Peristyle
Miami (Fla.) five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas broke USC's heart on signing day when he chose to sign a letter of intent with Florida State instead of the Trojans, but what few realized was that Thomas' heart was also hurting.

Matthew Thomas asked for his release from Florida State and the NCAA two months ago

Thomas told reporters that although he committed to Florida State on national television, it was a move to appease his family, which wanted him to go to college close to home.

Since then, Thomas has openly struggled with that decision.

"What happened was on Signing Day [was] I wasn't sure who I wanted to sign with," Thomas told the Miami Herald in May. "I had issues with different schools. But when I told my mom I didn't want to sign with anybody and wait and give it a few days she said I couldn't do that.

"She said, 'FSU is a good school - pick them. It's close to home.' I wasn't agreeing with it. But I felt like I was being disrespectful to her if I didn't sign. So I made her happy."

According to his father, Billy, Thomas wasn't happy and time was not changing his attitude toward enrolling at Florida State.

"No, it wasn't," said his father. "He did take a trip up to Florida State for their spring game with his brother. He said it was okay, but he wasn't thrilled about it like a kid is supposed to be.

"Being here in Miami all of his life, he said he wanted to try something different. But Tallahassee is nothing like Miami. When he ventured out to L.A. he saw USC had a wonderful tradition and is a great institution just like Florida State.

"He was really more excited about USC. Even though he didn't get a chance to see them play on his visit, he liked the ambiance and environment of L.A. itself."

At that point, Thomas started putting his feelings to action. First, he called Florida State head football coach Jimbo Fisher. Then Thomas wrote a letter requesting he be released from his letter of intent.

That was when his father knew Thomas was serious about not going to Florida State

"I asked him if he did everything he had to do in terms of paperwork and contacting the NCAA," said his father. "Matthew said he put in his paperwork that he wanted to be released from Florida State and was just waiting for Florida State to contact him back.

"Well, when they contacted him, they told him he was a five-star and they weren't letting him go. So in turn, I asked Jimbo Fisher myself if he could be released [from his letter of intent]. He said, 'No, I can't do that.'

"That sort of forced Matthew's hand. He's trying to make his mom happy, but at the end of the day, he wasn't feeling well."

While Thomas now intends on enrolling at USC, NCAA rules prohibit the Trojans coaching staff from having any contact with Matthew or his family.

"I haven't contacted anyone at USC and they haven't contacted me," said his father. "The only school we have talked to is Florida State. His mother is still out of the country. I believe she is in Suriname."

At this point, Billy Thomas says Florida State remains steadfast in forcing his son to lose a year of eligibility as a basic letter of intent penalty for not enrolling.

"He does want to get out of his letter of intent, but it has been a little difficult," said his father. "The NCAA has its rules and Florida State have their protocol."

If Thomas is not released by Florida State, he will have three years to play four years of college football at USC. The decision to lose a year of eligibility has weight with a lifetime of second thoughts.

"It's been difficult for our family and him because he is the one really going through it," said his father. "He has been pulled in so many different directions, and basically, I told him he has to follow his mind on where he wants to be.

"He felt like he didn't want to enroll at Florida State and then have regrets. The decision he made then wasn't his."

Thomas' next move would most likely be to enroll directly at USC as a student next fall, although his family has discussed junior college options as well.

"Over time, when Florida State sees he's not coming, they may release him or he may have to sit out," said his father. "I think they ought to release him."

-----------------

My guess is daddy got a visit from the bagman. But we know schmick, it's all about the kids and their well being, right? Then again, he shouldn't be allowed to play for USC because he's from Florida.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

schmick wrote:Vanderdoes and the kid at FSU were both minors when they signed those letters of intent. If schools can wait list a student until May, then a high school student should have the same right. If youre in your 20s and sign a contract, then make them hold to it, if you're a teenager, there has to be wiggle room.
As are thousands of their contemporaries who sign enlistment contracts with the military. Tell me, do you think the military enlistment contract contains any "wiggle room" just because an 18-year-old (or in some cases, even younger) has a change of heart? And don't think, for a second, that none of them do. What, exactly, is the difference here?

And your comparison to universities wait-listing students demonstrates utter cluelessness as to the area of contract law. Just so that you're clear, a student applying for admission to a college or university does not create a contract for admission. A university or college is free to reject a would-be student without penalty, and even a student who has been accepted for admission is free not to attend that school without penalty (in fact, many students apply to multiple universities or colleges in the hopes that they'll be accepted to more than one, and often times choose to attend the one that offers the best financial package).

If a contract is created between a university and a student by an application for admission, the contract that is created is only a contract for the university to consider that student as a prospective member of the next year's class. In that regard, the obligations of the parties are completed when the university either accepts or rejects the student. Wait-listing a student doesn't necessarily breach that contract (although I suppose it could if the wait-listing period lasted until after the following year's class had enrolled).
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Dude, as long as any BTPCF coach can walk anytime into a new job, STFU about "wiggle room."
Killian

Post by Killian »

Why the fuck does any college kid need $1000 every month?

4 year scholarships? Totally agree. The right to leave if a coach leaves? Sorry, no dice. Especially a position coach. Position coaches move all the time and if you allowed a pussy[/] kid to transfer every time a position coach took another job it would be utter chaos. Kids can transfer anytime they want, they just have to sit out a year unless there is some sort of hardship. If they haven’t redshirted, then it has almost zero effect on them.
Killian

Post by Killian »

schmick wrote:1000 dollars a month is 32 dollars a day for 3 meals, school supplies and clothing. 1000 dollars a month is a minimum someone needs when they are not allowed to work. A t shirt is 20 dollars, a pair of shorts are 45 dollars shoes are 75 dollars. That would mean for a kid to buy himself just that in a month with a 1000 dollar allowance he will need to eat 3 meals a day at no more than 5 dollars per meal for 10 days. What if he needs a jacket, a dress coat, what about gasoline for his car? Gasoline was 4.18 a gallon this morning, that is 67 bucks for a 16 gallon tank, 4 fill ups in a month is 280 dollars, now the kid has to eat, dress, do laundry and buy things like pens and paper and computer supplies on 23 dollars a day. 1000 dollars a month is nothing. I just got my son a hybrid car and still I am planning on putting 1500-2000 a month on his debit card while he is away at school
Yeah, I'm done. I can't believe you actually believe the bullshit you are typing. Good to see you're doing what you can to keep the entitlement generation going.

Your second paragraph is absolute nonsense.
Killian

Post by Killian »

schmick wrote:So you believe that you can clothe, feed, supply and take care of yourself for much less than 32 dollars a day?

Try it.
for less than 30 dollars a day, see if you can eat, buy clothing, launder your clothing, by pens, paper, computer supplies, backpacks, gasoline, pay parking fees, and any other transportation costs in a town like Los Angeles or Palo Alto. I guarantee you can not do it.
This is a student we are talking about. A student who has a student meal plan available to be purchased by a parent at the beginning of the semester, or is part of their scholarship plan. That takes care of the ridiculous argument that they need some of that $1000 to eat. And typically freshmen don’t have cars on campus, eliminating the need for fuel. Buy a fucking bike or ride a bus. New clothes are a luxury, not a necessity. This is assuming that the student had clothes when they enrolled in school. You don’t need to buy pens, paper, or a backpack on a daily basis. Eliminate the car, and you don’t need to pay for parking fees, either. And what “computer supplies” do you need to buy? A USB drive? Even that isn’t really needed with the advent of cloud storage. And yes, I could easily take care of my self on less than $32/ day. I do it now, every day, with no one purchasing anything for me.

schmick wrote:The second paragraph is dead on, you just don't want to admit it. It is funny that you think a student-athlete, who was talked in to going to a school by essentially a slick used car salesman, should have the same loyalty to that school as a student who may have grown up wanting to go to that school. Nice fairy tale you live in, bet you believe in that mythical god creature too.
No, it’s not dead on. It’s stupid, much like most of your other points. A kid commits to a school, not a coach. If a kid commits because of a coach and that guy leaves, sorry, tough shit. If that kid really believed that his coach only wanted to coach him, he needs to grow up. Every kid should realize that the shelf life of head coaches is about 10 years, if they are good. 3-4 if they aren’t. Meaning that there is a decent chance that one or all of the coaches that recruited him won’t be there to see him exhaust his eligibility.

And in your example, why should the kid have more loyalty to a “slick used car salesman” who left him at the drop of a hat, than to a university who is providing him with a free education? This is a stupid point that needs to stop being made. There is no logic that supports this.

And yes, I believe in a God. As silly as you think that may be, the thought of a student needing $1000 in extra cash a month is much more silly.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Schmick,

You need to know what you are talking about before you open your mouth to argue for certain things. You listing items that scholarships take care of.

If you are a scholarship athlete at a D-1 school you get a full and complete meal plan. This means you can eat unlimited meals for no cost. You also get a dietician and nutritionist at each meal. You can eat as much or as many times a day as you desire. This is in addition to all of the snacks and fruits and drinks available before during and after practice.

If you are a college athlete, not even a scholarship athlete, just someone who made the team you will get $10,000 ++ of clothing each year. T-shirts, shorts, pants, sweats, hats, jackets, coats, shoes, anything you can imagine. This isn't only workout clothes either, you get casual and business casual as well.

Scholarship athletes also have their laundry expenses paid as well. In my day we were given quarters that had been painted blue. We could use these to do laundry on campus using the washers and dryers in our dorms. When the school collected the quarters from the machines the blue ones were returned to the athletic dept. Today, some schools still use this method and others issue athletes mesh bags with their names on them. You put darks in one and whites in another and drop them at a spot in the dorm lobby. The athletic dept then washes them in huge industrial machines and returns them to you folded in those same mesh bags.

As for school supplies like paper, pens, pencils, etc, athletes get these things when they move in each year. There is a welcome kit that has all of these items and many more. Staplers, tape, hole punchers, paper clips, paper, blue books, etc are already in your room. Anytime you are running low you just visit the athletic study hall or your position meeting rooms.

Athletes, not just scholarship athletes are also given laptops and now iPads. Team info is pushed to the iPads as is their school work. Larger programs allow the athletes to keep these items while some of the smaller schools just loan them out.

So what exactly is it you think the athletes need money for? They get everything they need from the school. A car is a luxury and in no way necessary on a college campus.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

All D1 and D2 scholarships allow room and board. That means year round meals are included. If the Pac12 chose to handcuff themselves when compared to other conferences that is their own stupidity. However, this would have been all over then news and I haven't heard a single thing about it.

Clearly you didn't read much of my post before you started banging on your keyboard. In the clothes section you clearly missed the part where casual and business casual gear is also handed out. And hell yes your kid can wear school colors all the time. Damn near every college kid does anyway.

If you don't like the scholarship rules, just decline the scholarship and pay your kids way and then he can work all he wants. Or if he is good enough he can go to the Atlantic league or some other minor league and try to live on a contract of less than $2500 per month.
Killian

Post by Killian »

So you're talking out of your ass again? Noted.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Schmick,

here is the problem I am having with your post and some of your questions; 1) either you are the most uninformed and uninvolved parent who has ever signed an LOI with their kid, 2) the school your son signed with has no clue what they are doing and runs a huge risk of NCAA violations within days, or 3) your kid didn't sign an LOI.

In college baseball schools have 11.7 scholarship equivalents for a 35 man roster. The school and coach can decide how they want to use those scholarship equivalents. Some schools use a percentage basis, where the cost of tuition, fees, books, room and board are all added up to get a total number. They then award scholarships as a percentage of that total.

Other schools choose to divide up the scholarships based on the service provided. IE, one athlete will get their room and board paid for while a second will get their tuition and fees paid for while a third will get their books covered.

What is shocking to me is that you have zero understanding of any of this. Prior to signing day the school would have gone over the with you, the parent who also signs the LOI, all of this info. They would have explained which method they use, what additional financial aid your son could apply for, value of the scholarship vs cost of attendance (usually these differ by $1,000 to $2,500 per year, and rules and expectations of the team for both you and the athlete.

So, are you just trolling or did your son sign with a crack pipe school?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

FLW Buckeye wrote:Dude, as long as any BTPCF coach can walk anytime into a new job, STFU about "wiggle room."
Brian Kelly had to pay $1 million to buy out his contract with Cincinnati, so that's hardly a move without penalty. Granted, ND probably ponied up most if not all of it, but those things have a way of being structured as salary advances, etc.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

schmick wrote:Nobody answered the question, in sports where a player gets just a half scholarship, does he only get half the meals, half the laundry service, half the clothing... and if they do then they will still need 1000 dollars a month to cover what the half scholarship does since they are still not allowed to get a job
Why don't you pick up the phone and fucking ask them?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote:or 3) your kid didn't sign an LOI.
Ding Ding Ding

We're talking about a guy that has posted all the same stuff under a different nick (Toejam) yet denies that it is him. I mean, clearly it's just an amazing coincidence that we have two separate posters who are USC fans living in Southern California who coach youth baseball teams and have son's prepping for college ball. Oh, and they both just happen to post in the same droning humorless tone with the same train-wreck grammar and syntax, rife with run-on sentences and devoid of punctuation.

Whether he's trolling or not trolling, either scenario equates to mental illness.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

College staffs understand the nature of broken homes. I suggest you call the school directly and ask to speak with scholarship admin folks in the athletic department. Further, most schools will deal with both parents in this type of situation. They also usually want to speak with the parent who will be paying the bills.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

All smack aside, congrats. The fact that he is on an athletic scholarship will open doors even if he isn't an everyday player.
How many games will you catch a year? And if he is at OSU then I will see him play a few times as well.

That said, $1500 a month is a luxury and hardly necessary for a student who has zero expenses. Your just providing the beer money at this point.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

So which OSU is he going to?