XboxOne or PS4

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

ElTaco
Networking Securely

XboxOne or PS4

Post by ElTaco »

Gamers,

I'm fairly sure i know the answer already, but which system are you buying this xmas (or more likely sometime next year) first? Xbox One with the upgraded Kinect or the PS4?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: XboxOne or PS4

Post by Moby Dick »

Without a doubt PS4.

I'll get me an Xbox after..

specs for the PS are much better as well
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Moby Dick wrote:
specs for the PS are much better as well
They are? Which parts? Its my understanding that both will have 8 core CPU with 8GB RAM in the system and this time finally, xbox is including Blueray. The only one big oversight in my mind on the Xbox side is the lack of Bluetooth. They seem to be going with Wifi Direct, which is the same concept, but I don't know that there are many wifi-direct devices, other than mobile, printers and such. Certainly haven't seen any/many headsets, keyboards, etc...
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

PS will have a bigger GPU and a "big block" of fast RAM

the PS4's controller will have "movement tracking" as well as a built in speaker

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

ps4 controller is for the gays

Xbox one is not only a gaming device, but xbox has dominated in entertainment value on the xbox live. And their games, especially the exclusives look amazing.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Fuck Microsoft, fuck bill gates and fuck the Xbone.

free online play , no "checking in" every 24 hrs, no constant eyes and ears on that the Xbox has going on,
better gaming system AND I save 100 bucks?? Can play used games (as a parent I enjoy that). And oh yea, its region free.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

playstation hasn't been the better device, in many years. Xbox has been kicking their teeth down their throat, in sales. And if you take away the Jap market, where xbox doesn't even try to dent, it gets uglier, worldwide.

And of course it's free, it better be, for how shitty playstation network is. xbox live is well worth the cash, and actually paying for blank screen >>>>> free PS network

If needing to buy used games, pushes one to buy the weaker console, then so be it.

also your getting 300,000 servers for game play, and cloud service for saving games, and Blu ray player.

But seriously Moby, you will be perfect for the cod and battlefield games on ps4, most of the players on ps4,have the FPS skills of a down syndrome child, so you might hit a positive K/D for the life of that game.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Adelpiero wrote:...you will be perfect for the cod and battlefield games on ps4, most of the players on ps4,have the FPS skills of a down syndrome child...

wow

:popcorn:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Adelpiero wrote:playstation hasn't been the better device, in many years. Xbox has been kicking their teeth down their throat, in sales. And if you take away the Jap market, where xbox doesn't even try to dent, it gets uglier, worldwide.

And of course it's free, it better be, for how shitty playstation network is. xbox live is well worth the cash, and actually paying for blank screen >>>>> free PS network

If needing to buy used games, pushes one to buy the weaker console, then so be it.

also your getting 300,000 servers for game play, and cloud service for saving games, and Blu ray player.

But seriously Moby, you will be perfect for the cod and battlefield games on ps4, most of the players on ps4,have the FPS skills of a down syndrome child, so you might hit a positive K/D for the life of that game.

you wanna quote sales..hell we can talk about how the Wii has kicked ALL SALES BY Playstation and Xbox combined.

as for the whole CoD shit talk....hang your hat on a franchise that has ONLY gotten shittier.

CoD Ghosts....more like Blops 3.

when you want to play mindless "shoot shoot" game...go with CoD where there's no objective, small maps and shitty auto sniping fags.

how many hours you put into that game, bub? i'm wiling to bet a few hundred more hours than myself. GG.

best thing about the battlefield franchise is the more you work as a team the more you're rewarded and the better your score.

you may own me at CoD...but i got yer ass in some heads up poker.

let me know the next time you wanna get stomped again!
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

So my thought is that the perceived $100 price difference is more like $30. By the time you add in the ps4 eye camera, the cost is nearly the same. The Kinect / PS Eye have been very questionable at best for real gaming, however, with the new versions in PS4 and Xbox, I think game developers have the ability to add in some smart functionality into games that the were not able to do with the current technologies. As a result, I think these will become must have add ons.

The always on functionality is just the reality of our time. I'd say, that will be the norm rather than the exception in 5 years. Already, with IOS and Android, there is some basic functionality that does the same. As we go from reactive keyboard/touch based apps to pro-active voice/video based apps, this will become normal.

I also know that a lot of people are pissed off at the re-seller market, but there is an argument to be made that you are already paying a hefty fee up front to be able to resell your games. If you can get rid of the price of Disks and kick the middle man out, as a developer you should be able to price games much more aggressively. New-used games aren't that much cheaper than brand new games. I'd say that as long as my 'ownership' of my games is guaranteed in there (which may be the real scare in all of this), prices will drop so that you will be able to purchase games for cheaper, off setting the savings you got from buying games used. Already you are seeing a lot of this in Google Play and Apple Appstore. ON the PC, the Valve Steam concept works very similarly and has had a lot of success.

I also wonder about Sony's ability to innovate and win in the long term. I have always thought that the Sony PS3 was a much better design than the xbox if you only considered the hardware. I like the interface and the off the shelf technologies they used right from the start. I don't understand why the idiots at MS continue to not install Bluetooth in the XBOX. With that said, Hardware is becoming a commodity market. I like Microsoft's long term capabilities. I think pulling together gaming and other entertainment and using some advanced voice, physical and controller based inputs will go a lot farther than what Sony seems to be doing. It certainly makes the Xbox more useful for a wider group of consumers. If you think back, a ton of people purchased the PS3 for its blueray drive back when blueray players were $200-$300 and the PS3 was only a little bit more expensive.

I think ultimately the xbox will win yet again, but in the short term, their messaging/perceived constraints may allow Sony a brief moment to shine and to innovate.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

oooops, some one looks real dumb right now(Moby).

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Adelpiero wrote:oooops, some one looks real dumb right now(Moby).

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

huh, looks like they actually listened to the people and CHANGED what they had originally planned.(the fallout was KILLING their pre-orders) Good for them.

it'll still be an inferior product compared to the PS4.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Adelpiero wrote:playstation hasn't been the better device, in many years. Xbox has been kicking their teeth down their throat, in sales. And if you take away the Jap market, where xbox doesn't even try to dent, it gets uglier, worldwide.
http://www.itworld.com/personal-tech/33 ... p-xbox-360

KYOA much?

and this was 6 months ago.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »