right coast blizzard

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Re: right coast blizzard

Post by campinfool »

Sure am glad I don't live any where around that crap. It is 70 degrees in Austin Texas as I type this drinking a beer inside my RV at a state park. I'd rather have to deal with 100 degree summers than winter stuff. Cold brew T the lake trumps chestnuts on an open fire.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:Kinda surprised we haven't had dimsdale in yet to remind us that some of the hills in his neck of the woods get 37 feet of snow before lunch pretty much every day of the week.
Been slow Up There lately -- only about 11 feet of snowpack. Pretty low for February.

But Down Here, I might have to play some golf today. Upper 40's/50-ish, partly cloudy.

This winter/ Wet Season has been pretty nice. So far we've only have had one stretch of nonstop dark, nasty, gloomy neverending drizzle... but it pretty much went from mid-October through late December, so I'm not harboring a lot of guilt over enjoying the last 1.5 months of nice winter weather. Heck, my fishing bud even took the heater out of the drift boat (propane bottle takes up too much room for our taste). Steelhead runs are decent. Spring salmon just starting to show up. Life is good in the U&L.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:
Steelhead runs are decent. Spring salmon just starting to show up. Life is good in the U&L.
They are there, but you have to work real fucking hard. I was over on Thursday, and water is low. and I flogged the shit out of it, came up zero, typical bank success rate. But a day on the Wilson River, one of the finest winter steelhead streams in the world, is good not matter what.

Went with a neighbor to retrieve the boat, and to be ready to hit the spring runs here soon. Where ? Fuck who knows. Few spots we try, try to stay away from the cluster fuck on the Columbia airport area...probably the Willamette at OC.

I am down to about 10 salmon steaks left...time to fill it back up. And scored a private property turkey hunt in McMinnville with a dude I met on ham radio.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Derron wrote:a dude I met on ham radio.
Is that like the backwoods Oregon version of Craigslists' "casual encounters" section?

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote:But a day on the Wilson River, one of the finest winter steelhead streams in the world, is good not matter what.

Been hitting the Clack, since my buddy lives up the road. I would have gone with my buddies Thursday, except I was working at the coast.

They did OK.

I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Derron wrote:

I am down to about 10 salmon steaks left...time to fill it back up.
You eat that stuff more than 2 hours out of the water?

Blasphemy.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mikey wrote:
Derron wrote:

I am down to about 10 salmon steaks left...time to fill it back up.
You eat that stuff more than 2 hours out of the water?

Blasphemy.
Only when you cannot avoid it. But a frozen salmon steak is better than no salmon steak. If I go fishing, usually fresh, and if you get 2 , one goes in the freezer. Try to avoid store bought meats if possible, fish at the store in the U & L is a pretty good product.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

War Wagon wrote:I'm going to need first hand accounts from cockaholic, ucant, etc.
Bought a bunch of food booze earlier in the week. Worked from home on Fri. Snow stopped around noon on Sat. Got about 27 inches. Spent all afternoon snow blowing/shoveling my driveway and anyone near me who needed help. Besides the Bruins game being cancelled, I wasn't really affected.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Got about 27 inches.
All at once?

IN!!

:friday:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Poor doggie can't get outside to do his business.