Tiger hoops just started.

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Tiger hoops just started.

Post by Bizzarofelice »

playing NW Missouri St. right now. that school is so close to Nebraska that they've forgotten how to hoop.

the transfer seniors on Mizzou look really, really good. lot more meat with Oriakhi in the middle. stole earnest ross from auburn and he looks smoooooth. fuck beal, otto porter and bj young in their traitorous dickholes.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: Tiger hoops just started.

Post by Mace »

If there's a silver lining to a shitty football season, it's that basketball will soon begin. Iowa will be much improved this season and have much more depth that should allow them to be competitive in the Big 10. They have the best recruiting class in years and the freshmen will contribute immediately. I don't look for the Hawkeyes to compete for the conference title but, with Eric May being the only senior, they should be heading in that direction over the next couple of seasons. After a trip to the NIT last season, I think the Big Dance is a realistic expectation this year.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:This is where we'll really appreciate y'all coming to the SEC. Can't wait to see your boys in T-town.
i know you mean well here Sam, but MU is chronically underachieving hoopwise.

Haith was a bigtime surprise last year.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yeah, but compared to most of the perennial dregs of the SEC, Mizzou comes in with a lot of clout.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

took a beat down from #2 Louisville last night. Ouch... missing Michael Dixon, Pressey can't carry the load by himself. He's been suspended so far. Not sure why, but my daughter says she thinks it because of poor grades. I figured it was because he's a punk, but that punk can shoot a spot up 3 lights out, not to mention give Pressey a break from point guard duties.

Still, impressed with the size. Not many teams are going to out rebound this squad, which was a sore point last year. Looking forward to the regular season with cautious optimism.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jabari Brown (Oregon transfer played his first game tonight) is going to make me quickly forget about rapist Michael Dixon. This team has some serious potential.

at Mizzou, we don't rebuild, we reload.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:at Mizzou, we don't rebuild, we reload.
With blanks, apparently.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:Get ready, Wags. Bama comes to see your boys soon to open league play. Please go easy on them. They've been struggling since losing to Cincy on a buzzerbeater.
Uhh, I'll say. Just lost at home by 7 to Mercer. Youch.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

If you want credibility, stop scheduling Howland coached patsies....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

How the hell do you draw up a final play of regulation in a timeout that DOESN'T involve getting the ball in Pressey's hands?!?!?!

I hope Mizzou fan enjoys this year, because the downhill slide is coming. Haith is following the Mike Davis pattern.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Shine wrote:How the hell do you draw up a final play of regulation in a timeout that DOESN'T involve getting the ball in Pressey's hands?!?!?!

I hope Mizzou fan enjoys this year, because the downhill slide is coming. Haith is following the Mike Davis pattern.
that was a little weird. not sure what to make of Haith's success since he was not anyone's number one and his Miami teams were good not great... still....but Mizzou is good right now and that means recruiting down the road. if the downhill is coming....there's a second uphill that's possible.

pressey is a stud. however, not like Haith is doing the same thing as Anderson.....i like Mike Anderson and he has a "style of play'...and these guys, MA's recruits, are playing good in the non 40 minutes of hell. two years in a row.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Shine wrote:How the hell do you draw up a final play of regulation in a timeout that DOESN'T involve getting the ball in Pressey's hands?!?!?!
I dunno but that was one helluva fun game to watch. Gawd, I wanted to beat UCLA so bad I could taste it, get some much needed payback for that 1995 game that knocked Mizzou from the Elite 8 and potential Final 4. Damn Tyus Edney forever, losing that game hurt worse than the 'kicked ball' game against the fucking corn and the 5th down game against the buffs.

But being a Mizzou fan, you get used to bitter disappointment. And while there's no such thing as a good loss, losing that game might actually help this team. Teach them not to get let up, ever. Because they had that fucking game in the bag yet somehow snatched defeat from the jaws of victory... and those fuckers have to come to Columbia next year. Grrr...
I hope Mizzou fan enjoys this year, because the downhill slide is coming.
Hell, I thought the slide was coming this year. Losing players like Denmon, English, Ratliffe and now Dixon. Yet somehow Haith went out and got some pretty good transfers. I don't know how that happened but it did. So excuse me if I think the future looks bright.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:ESPN, Jan 8 @ 6 CST. At Columbia. Ugh. Gonna be ugly.
Tide played well for the most part. The final score is not indicative of how tough a game that was, seriously.

And if I ever see another Releford, it will be much too soon.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

yeah, we're a basketball school that joined a football conference.

'bode us. :meds:

You know what I really hate?

I hate that KU will probably roll the XII with nary a peep from their most hated rival.

:brad:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:yeah, we're a basketball school that joined a football conference.

'bode us. :meds:

You know what I really hate?

I hate that KU will probably roll the XII with nary a peep from their most hated rival.

:brad:
KU has lost 3 in a row in the XII. i think slows the Hawker roll some.
"