Meatloaf PET

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

mvscal
Blank

Meatloaf PET

Post by mvscal »

That's right, gents. Bacon wrapped meatloaf. If you can't get with that, you get with dicks in your ass. I'm sure there are lots of different recipes out there. Post em up, faggerts.

2 lbs ground beef (i used 85% lean)
Bacon, a shitload
1 cup pecorino romano, grated (or parm-reg)
1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
5 tbs onion, grated
2 eggs, beaten
1 heaping tsp garlic powder
1 glug heavy cream
S&P

Preheat oven to 365

Finely dice two slices of bacon and mix with the above ingredients. Slap your meat and toss it roughly to the board to remove bubbles and form it into shape.

Place it on a greased broiler pan (so it doesn't sit in grease while it cooks) and wrap pieces of bacon around the loaf. Overlap the bacon like shingles.

Baste with sauce:

1/2 cup ketchup
1 tsp dry mustard powder
1.5 tbs brown sugar
oregano

And bake for 45 minutes. Remove, baste again with sauce and return for 20 minutes. Turn on broiler, baste again and return for a couple minutes tops. Transfer to a platter, let it cool for about 10 minutes and carve.

I served this with mvscal brand cheddar-chipotle creamed mash potatoes.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Meatloaf PET

Post by indyfrisco »

Similar to my Fatty. I may try mine with beef and pork and some cream cheese inside.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=33150&hilit=Bacon
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:Preheat oven to 365

Huh?

Ever heard of this thing called a "smoker"?

They tend to really shine with bacon-wrapped-whatever (like my stuffed jalapenos this weekend).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yeah I thought about smoking it and probably will in the future. This was mostly a test run anyway.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

IndyFrisco wrote:Similar to my Fatty. I may try mine with beef and pork and some cream cheese inside.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=33150&hilit=Bacon
I've seen those things before and 2 lbs of bacon plus sausage is just way too much of a good thing, imo. I was more looking to strike a balance between incorporating bacon and actual edibility. I was making meatloaf not fatloaf.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Looks good, though I've never seen it done that way. The bacon and glaze are pretty damn appetizing.

I've always used a 9 x 5 glass loaf pan. Ingredients sort of depend on what's available but what's mixed in could include

ground beef
oatmeal (picked this up from my mom - higher fiber alternative to bread)
eggs
mushrooms
celery
onions
bell peppers
ketchup
bbq sauce
soy sauce
mustard
S&P

Make some diagonal channels with your finger across the top and fill with ketchup before baking at 400 deg for an hour