Chip Kelly takes job as Eagles HC

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

mvscal
Blank

Re: Chip Kelly takes job as Eagles HC

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:
mvscal wrote: There are no "options" at all. It was a designed QB run from the start. The ILB has to bite on the inside hand off. There is no 'if.' It was a well designed deception taking full advantage of a mobile QB and good blocking from the WR. Nothing new there.
What the ILB does is dependent on the what the defense call is. Teams don't play base every play
If the ILB is dropping into coverage or stunting off tackle then the handoff goes to the HB - that's one of the the "reads"

The entire Oregon offense is based on a read call that gives the QB and HB the option of which hole to attack.
The 49ers are running that same exact read on that TD run
Stop trying to pretend like you're a coach or something. You aren't. You're talking out your ass and embarassing yourself.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote:
mvscal wrote: There are no "options" at all. It was a designed QB run from the start. The ILB has to bite on the inside hand off. There is no 'if.' It was a well designed deception taking full advantage of a mobile QB and good blocking from the WR. Nothing new there.
What the ILB does is dependent on the what the defense call is. Teams don't play base every play
If the ILB is dropping into coverage or stunting off tackle then the handoff goes to the HB - that's one of the the "reads"

The entire Oregon offense is based on a read call that gives the QB and HB the option of which hole to attack.
The 49ers are running that same exact read on that TD run
Stop trying to pretend like you're a coach or something. You aren't. You're talking out your ass and embarassing yourself.

Yup.

The Kelly offense, in its Oregon form (New Hampshire was almost all pass options, due to personnel), is absolutely, 100%, not up for discussion, a read option of the DE.

Scrote is pulling the ILB thing out of his ass. And there was no zone blocking on that Niners play. Doesn't even vaguely resemble what Oregon does.

If you want to get into more detail, we certainly can. Heck, I can even talk to my 24/7 travelling partner to get all the correct Kelly terminology... that he learned at the multiple Kelly Coaches' Camps he's attended. (Homeboy is playing in the Developmental League this upcoming season, and just landed an assistant coaching gig at a HS this season... RACK him.)

But most of y'all's don't know WTF you're talking about. As far as "his system" working in the NFL... where the fuck do you think the Redskins came up with their offense? Zone blocking that leaves a DE/OLB unblocked? That's only been used in one place before this season... by Kelly. None of you seem to be getting that point.

The idea is to play 11-on-10. Works beautifully in college... and even in the NFL... with a 21 year old QB. Non-rookie QBs aren't going to be able to outrun NFL DE's (who are all super-fast)... so the Redskins, and the Eagles should they go with that scheme, better have about 12 QBs under the age of 23 on the roster.

As far as New England running the hurry up this year... you'll never guess who came to their camp this last offseason and taught them how to make the playcalls... I'll give you a hint: He's buddies with Hoody, and his initials are CK.

Chip is either going to reinvent NFL football, or be a miserable flop. Either way, he can go fuck himself.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Van wrote:ESPN's Bristol, CT headquarters and the city of Philadelphia share the same Eastern Time Zone?
So what? Do they share the same city? The same state? Is Philadelphia even in New England?

For a "bright" guy, you are really fucking obtuse sometimes. Jim never used the word proximity. You did. It's not about proximity… not really. You’re close, but you still don’t get it. If you don't actually live inside the area where people talk, write, do tv/radio shows about a specific team, you're unlikely to get non-fluff pieces about the team. You're unlikely to have the same 'insider knowledge' of the team.

Using your same fucked up rationale, being a Kansas resident means you have a greater likelihood to know more about the Eagles than someone living in San Diego, because Kansas is MUCH closer to Philadelphia. It's all about proximity, right, you flipping retard?

Uhm, no, it's not. Here’s the point that you cannot seem to grasp. If you live ‘outside the area’ and only read/listen to ESPN’s bullshit, if you don’t do your own homework, you’re unlikely to have an informed opinion on any team. And it doesn’t really matter ‘how close’ you are to the team, unless you’re REALLY CLOSE. Being “Kansas close” over “San Diego close” is not good enough.

You’re so hung up on him bashing West Coasters when he could have named any other region not near Philadelphia and used the same logic. Too bad for you, you fuckers are notorious for barely giving a shit about your own local teams, never-mind having any knowledge whatsoever of teams not on your coast. So I get this whole righteous indignation thing you’re so lamely trying to pull off here. Word of advice here, bitch, just shut the fuck up. You’re failing. Badly.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Ucan't, the point which you're so obstinately refusing to see is that it doesn't matter where you're from, you're only going to have the media to rely on. People in San Diego, Kansas City, Bristol or even Philadelphia all have equal access to the same information. Does the local beat reporter know more of the ins and outs of his team than, say, Sal Palantonio does? Sure. Does the average Philadelphian know that beat reporter personally? No. Does the average person attend Philly's practices and meetings? No.

The average person merely reads what the media feeds him, whether it's from Sal Palantonio or from some local beat writer. And guess what? In the Age of the Internet, that local beat writer's stories are available to all and sundry.

Try as you might with this silly tough guy act you've adopted lately, it doesn't change the fact that you simply don't get it. Had Jim targeted someone from Boise or Birmingham instead of mvscal in San Diego, my response would have been exactly the same: no fan is an insider, and proximity to his team does not matter for shit.

Sorry that I had to spell it out for you. You're normally reasonably quick on the uptake. I guess all this tough guy posturing must be dulling your synaptic firings.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:What do you think the zone blocking assignments are?

Watch the video you posted again. The linemen block a man, not an area.

"Zone blocking assignments"?

I don't think "zone blocking" means what you think it means.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:Are you saying that the blocking assignments in zone read are an area and not a specific defender?

Yes.

And certainly in Oregon's case. Hence the term "zone." Which now clearly doesn't mean what you think it means.

But you're the guy claiming Oregon's read-option is based on what the ILB does (absolutely incorrect, but backpedal all you like).
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Van wrote:People in San Diego, Kansas City, Bristol or even Philadelphia all have equal access to the same information.
So. The people in San Diego get to watch the same tv shows and listen to the same radios shows about the Eagles as does someone who lives in the Philadelphia metro area? This is news to me. But thanks for the 411, bro.

P.S. Get fucked. <-- This is more of my 'new' tough guy act, btw.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah...not enjoying it much. It's really quite lame. In fact, it's downright pedestrian, which is a shame coming from someone who's generally a whole lot better than that.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev