Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

B1G vs SEC today

Post by Mikey »

B1G 1
SEC 0

So far. Huskers looking good and UM still in the game.

Is it too much to hope that the SEC could suck worse than the PAC in this bowl season?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: B1G vs SEC today

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

What the fuck was that call? A clear 2-3" between the nose of the ball and the first down marker and the ref fucks it up with the best view in the house. How does that happen?

Clowney was fucking PISSED on the next play. What a hit. :shock:
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:What the fuck was that call? A clear 2-3" between the nose of the ball and the first down marker and the ref fucks it up with the best view in the house. How does that happen?

Clowney was fucking PISSED on the next play. What a hit. :shock:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The spot was favorable to begin with, and when they measured it short, still gave it to them.

LOL
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: The spot was favorable to begin with, and when they measured it short, still gave it to them.

LOL
if he hadn't fucked up the call we wouldn't have seen one of the best plays any of us have ever seen.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Nice pass defense.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Hell of a game.

If Fun N Gun ever figures out how to recruit a QB again, the Cocks could be pretty good.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Nice thread, Mikey. Solid.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

8-5 with a close bowl loss. i peg us for #4 in the preseason polls.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

wonder when brady hoke's w-l records are going to resemble how good his teams actually are. michigan wasn't as good as 11-2 last year and isn't as bad as 8-5 this year.

world of fucking difference when you run denard out as a back then trying to get it done with vincent smith. would have liked to see that play calling against osu.

i think denard got just enough yards to pass pat white for qb career rushing games. got most of them the last few games from the rb spot but he's on the roster as a qb. or at least that's how i saw it explained earlier.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Papa Willie wrote:Michigan doesn't have shit to be ashamed of. Those boys came to seriously fucking play today.
They just need to get that RB some therapy after being posterized. How the hell does the left side of the O-line let Clowney through like that? And that Ref...anyone check to see if he had any background officiating PAC whatever games? No way was that a first down. I thought OBC was gonna go into cardiac arrest on the spot. :lol:

Changed the channel after those two plays cuz scUM was through.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Clowney is a freak. He seems bigger and longer than Julius Peppers with great timing to disrupt plays. He damn near killed Vincent Smith and Shoelace on those plays.

Excellent game overall...Gardner had a bad first half but warmed up as the game went on. I'm not heartbroken at a bowl loss...you just want compete and effort and an evenly-played game. The Cocks have some scary defensive talent and some gritty guys on offense.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

How does Lewan go after the next layer and let that big bastard just stroll on by? Lewan did well against him most of the day but when you blow your block against him, you'll get your QB or RB killed.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That is just beautiful on so many levels.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That is just beautiful on so many levels.

Probably wish ol' Will Gholston could show that kind of burst...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That is just beautiful on so many levels.

Agreed. Surprised they didn't throw a flag for being a big meanie and hitting too hard. :meds: Kenny Bell's block against Wisconsin was a textbook block. Sure, he blew the Wisky DB up and knocked him unconscious...... but a personal foul?

As for the Georgia game today.... I liked the heart Nebraska showed against a clearly better team. Georgia is the real deal and I see why they were one play away from the National Championship game. Props.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

The SEC is clearly overrated but the B!G simply sucks more.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

H4ever wrote:
As for the Georgia game today.... I liked the heart Nebraska showed against a clearly better team. Georgia is the real deal and I see why they were one play away from the National Championship game. Props.

Heart? I guess. Whatever helps you sleep until September. Failing on something like 12 of 17 3rd downs isn't heart to me. But I guess compared to the effort against Wisco, I guess they showed heart.

On another note how long do you keep your current coach if he has a similar year? NU neighbor wants a change now.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Left Seater wrote:
Heart? I guess.
Every team ever would win every game if only they cared enough.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Shoalzie wrote:How does Lewan go after the next layer and let that big bastard just stroll on by? Lewan did well against him most of the day but when you blow your block against him, you'll get your QB or RB killed.
from sporting news:
Ward called a stunt named Cali. It requires Clowney to dip inside to allow the boundary corner (Victor Hampton) access to an outside rushing lane.

Meanwhile, Michigan offensive coordinator Al Borges had called a Power run to the left side. Wolverines offensive tackle Taylor Lewan -- whose play against Clowney on Tuesday further solidified his place near the top of the NFL draft if he chooses to turn pro -- noticed something amiss about Clowney's alignment. "The end lined up on me in such a gray area that I had to call a Deuce to the inside," Lewan said. Lewan explained that a Deuce call ties the tackle to the guard, and their responsibilities are the lineman nearest the guard and the backside linebacker. By making the Deuce call, Lewan had untied himself from tight end Mike Kwiatkowski, who had anticipated working in tandem with Lewan on the play. Lewan said Kwiatkowski didn't hear the Deuce call, and video replays make that quite obvious. Kwiatkowski fired off the line at an angle that would have been perfect had he and Lewan been working a combo block. But Lewan was working a combo block with guard Ricky Barnum. Clowney, the owner of one of college football's quickest first steps, shot the gap before Kwiatkowski could realize what happened. "He's got that little slip move," Spurrier said. "When they come at him, they get nothing but air." Smith never had a chance. "That miscommunication," Lewan said. "Those are the plays that can lose games."
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

South Carolina has a history of lighting Michigan backs up. Saw this on Mgoblog.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

SunCoastSooner wrote:The SEC is clearly overrated but the B!G simply sucks more.
Can't disagree, but it's at least worth pointing out that the Big Ten bowl pecking order got all jacked up since OSU cheated and PSU covered up boy rape.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:The SEC is clearly overrated but the B!G simply sucks more.
Can't disagree, but it's at least worth pointing out that the Big Ten bowl pecking order got all jacked up since OSU cheated and PSU covered up boy rape.

And The SEC still looks shitty.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote: Said nothing of substance.

Even your bought and paid for mouth piece is hopping off the wagon that's wheels are falling off.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:I thought we had all agreed the SEC was weak this year.
Not all . . . Papa still claims all 14 are the top 14 in the country.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote: SEC!!!
SEC!!!
SEC!!!
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Left Seater wrote:
H4ever wrote:

Heart? I guess. Whatever helps you sleep until September. Failing on something like 12 of 17 3rd downs isn't heart to me. But I guess compared to the effort against Wisco, I guess they showed heart.

On another note how long do you keep your current coach if he has a similar year? NU neighbor wants a change now.
Forgive the cliche. But 31 points on that Georgia D isn't too bad for any team including Alabama who didn't get it done and damn near lost to said team.

But, anyhoo, Bo Pelini needs to take advantage of all the recently fired NFL staff and get some real coaches in where he needs them. This crony system shit he's stubborn about is obviously hurting the team. Barney Cotton needs to go. So does the D coordinator Papuchis or however you spell it.

We also need some great recruiters again. (Jon Blakesque type recruiters)
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I think the SEC fans in here have all agreed that the conference is down this year, even Spray. The B1G also sucks this year, almost as much as a SunCoastSooner post.