Lamb of God's Randy Blythe indicted on manslaughter charges

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Lamb of God's Randy Blythe indicted on manslaughter charges

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Got a press release from their publicist a couple hours ago. Condolences to our resident LOG fans, Marty and buckeye...
For Immediate Release:
December 3, 2012

LAMB OF GOD MANAGER RESPONDS TO BYLTHE INDICTMENT

As news breaks of Randy Blythe’s indictment on manslaughter charges in the Czech Republic, manager Larry Mazer responds with the following statement:

“After a three month investigation, the prosecutor in the Czech Republic has decided to move forward with an indictment of Randy Blythe on the charge of manslaughter with intent to cause bodily harm. Obviously, we intend to fight vigorously against these charges as we feel that in no way did Randy intend to cause bodily harm on the young fan who subsequently died from injuries sustained at the show. As he has stated previously, Randy intends to go to Prague to defend himself at trial.

While it is a tragedy that a Lamb of God fan died following a performance by the group, in no way do I feel that Randy did anything improper that led to the young man’s injuries and subsequent death. The price of a ticket to a show does not entitle audience members access to a band’s stage. In the years since the murder on stage of Dimebag Darrell Abbot, performers of all genres have had to become more guarded while performing in response to the dangers presented by fans trying to become part of the performance. We believe that Randy responded professionally to the numerous amount of fans rushing the stage that day, a number of them captured on videos that have been posted on the internet. We have testimony from the venue operator that acknowledges lax security and an improper barricade being used that evening. Numerous testimonies from fans also were contradictory as to the actions of the multiple fans that tried to access the stage.

At this point, all that the band, myself, and our lawyers can do is to present a defense and try to convince the panel of judges who will hear the case that Randy is innocent of all charges and that his name and reputation need to be cleared and that he be permitted to carry on with his life and career always mindful that a fan passed away after a Lamb of God performance.
"Keys, woman!"
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Re: Lamb of God's Randy Blythe indicted on manslaughter char

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Yeah no shit...fuck this

guy jumped up on stage THREE fucking times and I saw a video of a security guard pushing him off as well...so let me get this straight...cat jumps up on stage...whomever pushes him...crowd doesn't catch him and 1 month later the cat dies...and it's Randy's fault?

Look it is sad that someone went to a show and died...but I have heard of other people dying being crushed at shows, etc...or seriously hurt and I have never seen a man/band brought up on charges that I AM AWARE Of...I mean did they convict the WHO when that deal went down in Cincy back in the 70s? If you want to blame someone blame the venue/security...which they owned up to was not sufficient...

this whole thing just sucks
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I am a big fan of LOG. This is total bullshit.

Judge for yourself

This is a witch hunt.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Wasn't Great White found responsible for BBQing all those folks?
No
A National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) investigation of the fire, using computer simulations with FDS and a mock-up of the stage area and dance floor, concluded that a fire sprinkler system would have contained the fire long enough to give everyone time to get out safely.[10] However, because of the building's age (built in 1946[10]) and size (4,484 square feet (404 m²)), many believed the Station to be exempt from sprinkler system requirements. In fact, the building had undergone an occupancy change when it was converted from a restaurant to a nightclub. This change dissolved its exemption from the law, a fact that West Warwick fire inspectors never noticed. On the night in question, the Station was legally required to have a sprinkler system but did not;[11] outcry over the event has sparked calls for a national Fire Sprinkler Incentive Act but those efforts have so far stalled.[12]

On December 9, 2003, brothers Jeffrey A. and Michael A. Derderian, the two owners of The Station nightclub, and Daniel M. Biechele, Great White's former road manager, were charged with 200 counts of involuntary manslaughter — two per death, because they were indicted under two separate theories of the crime: criminal-negligence manslaughter (resulting from a legal act in which the accused ignores the risks to others and someone is killed) and misdemeanor manslaughter (resulting from a petty crime that causes a death). Three of the four men pleaded not guilty to the charges. The Derderians also were fined $1.07 million for failing to carry workers' compensation insurance for their employees, four of whom died in the blaze.

The first criminal trial was against Great White's tour manager at the time, Daniel Michel Biechele, 29, from Orlando, Florida. This trial was scheduled to start May 1, 2006, but Biechele, against his lawyers' advice,[13] pled guilty to 100 counts of involuntary manslaughter on February 7, 2006, in what he said was an effort to "bring peace, I want this to be over with."[13]

Superior Court Judge Francis J. Darigan sentenced Biechele to 15 years in prison, with four to serve and 11 years suspended, plus three years probation, for his role in the fire.[14] Darigan remarked, "The greatest sentence that can be imposed on you has been imposed on you by yourself." Under this sentence, with good behavior, Biechele would be eligible for parole in September 2007. Judge Darigan deemed Biechele highly unlikely to re-offend, which was among the mitigating factors that led to his decision to impose this sentence.

Following Biechele's trial, the Station's owners, Michael and Jeffrey Derderian, were scheduled to receive separate trials. However, on September 21, 2006, Superior Court Judge Francis J. Darigan announced that the brothers had changed their pleas from "not guilty" to "no contest," thereby avoiding a trial.[15] Michael Derderian received 15 years in prison, with four to serve and 11 years suspended, plus three years probation—the same sentence as Biechele. Jeffrey Derderian received a 10-year suspended sentence, three years probation, and 500 hours of community service.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.