Jabari Parker

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Jabari Parker

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

They're calling him the best prospect since LeBron James. He's set to make his decision on where to play college basketball on 12/20 and it's going to come down to Duke and Michigan State.

You can already score, son, why not go to a school where you will learn how to defend and rebound? Seems like a no brainer to me.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Re: Jabari Parker

Post by M2 »

Pfffft

He's not even the best Jabari...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/cal/basketball/ ... ird-112596
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:They're calling him the best prospect since LeBron James.
Some are. Rivals has him ranked 3rd in his HS class. Regardless, kid is extremely talented and high character as well. One thing I'm not certain of is how his religion will impact his ability to play on Sunday regardless of where he ends up.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shine wrote:Some are. Rivals has him ranked 3rd in his HS class. Regardless, kid is extremely talented and high character as well. One thing I'm not certain of is how his religion will impact his ability to play on Sunday regardless of where he ends up.
Yeah, I just said that for dramatic effect. :lol: I don't really take that kind of hyperbole very seriously. Even if he is the best high school player since LeBron James, there's still a significant drop off between the two.

If MSU doesn't get him, I hope he goes to BYU.
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

He is not a one and done, last year during the latter part of the season he was not that good. Sterling Brown abused him.

This year he has gained like 25 pounds of fat and looking like a Sean May on his bad day.

He will play for 3 or 4 years at what I have seen the last two years and I get plenty of footage of him on the boards considering our team got the other two Simeon players and Nunn looks good and got some serious athleticism, not Oladipo, but close, while Tate, not in Yogi's territory will be a decent point guard.

Yeah Shine, I think Oladipo can be a NBA guard for his defense alone, dude is lock down. Brandon Paul is going to have issues with him.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Arch Angel wrote:This year he has gained like 25 pounds of fat and looking like a Sean May on his bad day.
He was out for five months with a fractured foot and put on some weight as a result. He'll get back into playing shape soon enough.

He MAY stay for two years, but I would be very surprised if he stays for three or four.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Jabari is taking his talents to Durham...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mens-college ... lue-devils
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Figures.

Oh well, at least he sucks, according to Arch.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Figures.

Oh well, at least he sucks, according to Arch.

Or he just stays for a single year...Izzo isn't much for the one-and-dones, is he?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote: Or he just stays for a single year...Izzo isn't much for the one-and-dones, is he?
I was going to say, who gives a shit? He's only going to be around for one year, anyway.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Izzo was recruiting this kid since the 8th grade, so I would say he gave a shit.

I don't think Izzo is against recruiting one-and-doners necessarily, he just hasn't had any success landing any. If you can get a kid of that caliber, you take him, one year or not. Could be the difference between the Final Four and winning the whole damn thing.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Although he left a lot (understatement) to be desired I think Kelvin Sampson hit the nail on the head regarding recruiting one and done players. I was at an event he spoke at and during the Q&A session someone asked him about it. His take, if I don't recruit them I'm going to be playing against them.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."