anyone up for a fishing trip?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: anyone up for a fishing trip?

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

In!

Chip, this could be the opportunity to put some "bad feelings" behind us. No more finger pointing...no more "blame game"...just two buddies and a whole lot of fishing.

Sound cool, bro?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Do you need someone not to fish, but to drink Jack and Coke's and hurl insults and then just hurl?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

This is fishing.

But thanks for the invite. I would not mind fishing, hunting or trap shooting with you. You never said anything about topless bait girls..what is up with that ?
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Derron wrote:You never said anything about topless bait girls..what is up with that ?

She's on the left. Have fun with that.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Derron wrote:This is fishing.

what the hell kind of fish are those?

Do they fry up good like an ornery Missouri river catfish? Catfish are ugly bastards but if you now how to cook 'em there's no better eats.

World Record 130 lb Blue Catfish caught on Missouri River.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

War Wagon wrote:what the hell kind of fish are those?
A living dinosaur- Sturgeon.
Supposedly pretty good eating if done correctly. But, it’s generally not the flesh for which a sturgeon is most valued. That prize goes to the eggs of certain species of sturgeon… caviar.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

My favorite fishing would be in a stream like this in upstate New York.

And catching my limit of 10 9-10" native brook trout for dinner later in the day.

"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Martyred wrote:In!

Chip, this could be the opportunity to put some "bad feelings" behind us. No more finger pointing...no more "blame game"...just two buddies and a whole lot of fishing.

Sound cool, bro?
it's a trap!

when you wake up one morning with a used condom hanging out your ass, don't say you weren't warned.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cuda wrote:it's a trap!

when you wake up one morning with a used condom hanging out your ass, don't say you weren't warned.
what makes you think Jsc uses a condom?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote: Do they fry up good like an ornery Missouri river catfish? Catfish are ugly bastards but if you now how to cook 'em there's no better eats.

Catfish are fucking bottom feeders. There's countless saltwater species that are much better eating. I'm sure your mom had a nice recipe for carp, as well.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:Catfish are fucking bottom feeders.
So are lobsters. What's your point?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

fucking bottom feeders
Mike Backer, is that you?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

PSUFAN wrote:
Mike Backer, is that you?

Classic

That was a good year

But not for everyone...

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

War Wagon wrote:
Derron wrote:This is fishing.

what the hell kind of fish are those?

Do they fry up good like an ornery Missouri river catfish? Catfish are ugly bastards but if you now how to cook 'em there's no better eats.

Fry the fish ? Fry ?? What the fuck are you talking about ? Frying fish ? Maybe some trout, but not sturgeon or salmon. Sturgeon flank steaks are pretty good. Cooking fish in the northwest usually involves a barbeque, maybe some foil with a good wine sauce or your own experimental sauce, or baking in an oven..
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Rack Wolfman's brook trout. Beautiful fish.

Got into fly fishing this summer. Great time, planning on doing a lot more this coming summer.
Derron
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Catfish are fucking bottom feeders.
So are lobsters. What's your point?
Catfish aren't crustaceans, you stupid fuck. You want to compare a catfish filet to a lobster tail?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Derron wrote: Fry the fish ? Fry ?? What the fuck are you talking about ? Frying fish ?
You've never heard of a fish fry?

Perhaps I should've specified deep fried, especially with catfish. But if you've never had a properly seasoned, breaded and fried catfish filet, you don't know what you're missing.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Deep fat frying is what we do with catfish too, Wags, and we have 2-3 large fish fries a year to devour our annual haul of flatheads. Fried catfish, fried potatos, baked beans, a little cole slaw, and large quantities of beer mixed in with some Texas Hold 'em, and you've got everything you need for a hell of a party.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote: Catfish aren't crustaceans, you stupid fuck.

I didn't say they were. I said they were both bottom feeders. Care to dispute any of that?
You want to compare a catfish filet to a lobster tail?
They are both quite delicious when prepared properly.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: You want to compare a catfish filet to a lobster tail?
They are both quite delicious when prepared properly.
No. One is delicious, the other is edible.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

War Wagon wrote:
Derron wrote: Fry the fish ? Fry ?? What the fuck are you talking about ? Frying fish ?
You've never heard of a fish fry?

Perhaps I should've specified deep fried, especially with catfish. But if you've never had a properly seasoned, breaded and fried catfish filet, you don't know what you're missing.
Derron, what Wags is saying is that in the IKYABWAI hills and hollers of his homeland, when they're not burning their hair off cooking meth, they are deep-frying something, anything.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

^^^ ok, I laffed.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote:Cooking fish in the northwest usually involves a barbeque, maybe some foil with a good wine sauce or your own experimental sauce, or baking in an oven..

For me and mine, it involves a smoker (or an oven, sometimes).

Although rockfish are pretty darn good battered and deep fried.

The Willamette and Columbia are full of huge catfish (mostly yellow bullheads, a few other types). You know who I've seen keeping them (even in the last month)? Old black guys, that's who. I guess the lack of catfish eating here is a byproduct of having soooooo many superior options of fish that's actually good to eat.

As far as sturgeon, the biggest gamefish in North America -- new regs next year, and anglers will only be able to keep them out of the coastal bays (even though they're the same fish as the Columbia, they just migrate to the coast, and come back to the Columbia to spawn). Oh well -- I see people C&R fishing for them (that's catch-and-release, greenhorns) every day. Lots of people do it out of kayaks on the Willamette these days -- nothing like hooking a 1000 pound fish in a kayak... I'm going to have to try it one of these days, when I'm not too busy salmon and steelhead fishing.

So, Derron -- got into any winter chrome yet? I'm always away working, and my time seems limited to the Clackamas of late, which has usually been too high to fish. Got out last week with no results. Dudes in the boat ahead of us got a beast of a hatchery brat, though -- must have been about 12#. I'm trying to get to the coast here soon. That stream that feeds Every Other Day Bay usualkly cranks them out... although they should call it Every Other Day River, and I'll be there on the off day. I hear they're still pulling bright chinook out of there, too, although that won't last much longer.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:
Derron wrote:Cooking fish in the northwest usually involves a barbeque, maybe some foil with a good wine sauce or your own experimental sauce, or baking in an oven..

For me and mine, it involves a smoker (or an oven, sometimes).

Although rockfish are pretty darn good battered and deep fried.

The Willamette and Columbia are full of huge catfish (mostly yellow bullheads, a few other types). You know who I've seen keeping them (even in the last month)? Old black guys, that's who. I guess the lack of catfish eating here is a byproduct of having soooooo many superior options of fish that's actually good to eat.

As far as sturgeon, the biggest gamefish in North America -- new regs next year, and anglers will only be able to keep them out of the coastal bays (even though they're the same fish as the Columbia, they just migrate to the coast, and come back to the Columbia to spawn). Oh well -- I see people C&R fishing for them (that's catch-and-release, greenhorns) every day. Lots of people do it out of kayaks on the Willamette these days -- nothing like hooking a 1000 pound fish in a kayak... I'm going to have to try it one of these days, when I'm not too busy salmon and steelhead fishing.

So, Derron -- got into any winter chrome yet? I'm always away working, and my time seems limited to the Clackamas of late, which has usually been too high to fish. Got out last week with no results. Dudes in the boat ahead of us got a beast of a hatchery brat, though -- must have been about 12#. I'm trying to get to the coast here soon. That stream that feeds Every Other Day Bay usualkly cranks them out... although they should call it Every Other Day River, and I'll be there on the off day. I hear they're still pulling bright chinook out of there, too, although that won't last much longer.
Smoker is good, too. Some of my family and friends are about to find out just how fucking awesome my last batch of brine was on some nice slabs of nook caught last fall. I fry occasionally, deep fry maybe some halibut for fish and chips, (homegrown potatoes of course) but frying is not one of my favorite ways to do fish, other than trout for breakfast in camp.

No chrome yet, although your comment got me to look at the river gauge and it looks like the Wilson is primo shape for the next 4 to 6 days with tomorrow being good. Might have to find my way down there and send the 2012 fishing tag out with a mark on it. Barring all the city tards who cannot seem to drive in the minor snow conditions we get up in the Coast Range, and end up blocking the fucking road and getting it closed down, depriving those of us who actually can navigate a mountain pass in snowy conditions with out trouble. Might try and get down there tomorrow.

Been short on time too, been a little wrapped up with helping some guys out with gun sales and doing some procurement of sought after items. That is a real fuckin crazy world right now. And rack the crazy mother fucker on the Willamette last Sunday that I saw from the St Johns bridge, sturgeon fishing. Of course if I had a heated 24 foot boat with just the poles sticking out, little beer and bud,that would pretty good way to pass a December afternoon, other than buying guns and watching the preservation of our Second Amendment rights at the Church of Gun Show.
Derron
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote:And rack the crazy mother fucker on the Willamette last Sunday that I saw from the St Johns bridge, sturgeon fishing.
I drive over it frequently (a few times a week), and if it's light outside, there's someone fishing the Toyota Hole, every freaking day.

I see guys banking it when I hike around Kelley Point, too. Lots of sturg fishing going on these days... pretty impressive for a non-keeper fishery.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one