A serious question...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Re: A serious question...

Post by Atomic Punk »

PUSFAG wrote:I'm not really a gun person. I would be in favor of sensible restrictions that would not hamper the rights of gun owners that can operate and secure them capably. I think that is possible.
What restrictions would you be in favor of?
PUSFAG wrote:However - I don't really think laws of that kind would do very much to prevent situations like Newtown. It seems much more pressing to me to look more closely at the state of mental health care in this country. Too many of the killers in these situations seem to have slipped through the cracks.
Okay, so you're not a gun person yet would be in favor of restrictions. However, you admit it wouldn't do anything.

There are too many spineless worms on this board that want to please everyone and at the same time want to sound important with an opinion that matters.

Fuck off, and disappear again. You add nothing of value.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

PSUFAN wrote:I'm not really a gun person. I would be in favor of sensible restrictions that would not hamper the rights of gun owners that can operate and secure them capably. I think that is possible.

However - I don't really think laws of that kind would do very much to prevent situations like Newtown. It seems much more pressing to me to look more closely at the state of mental health care in this country. Too many of the killers in these situations seem to have slipped through the cracks.
Sounds as though you pretty much get it.

The problem is not guns. The problem is batshit crazy people who used to be locked away before all the bleeding hearts decided it was mean and violated their rights to do so.

We do need to back it up about 40-50 years to a time when such people were kept in facilities where they could hopefully be helped, but, if not helped, at least kept away from the rest of us. The fact that we rather allow them the right to sleep in freezing weather on a cardboard box is pathetic. What they endure now is every bit as bad as the horrible treatment they received 100 years ago. At least then, they didn't have the opportunity to harm others.

The people that piss me off the most are the "I'm for second amendment rights, but....." crowd.

Fukk you. No you aren't. You are either stupid or a liar or both. You think you can win over joe six pack who doesn't want to give up his deer hunting. Unfortunately, you can win over many of them as the average voter isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, as we found out a few weeks ago. This fukking nonsense about "assault weapons" and "maxi-clips" is bullshit. That POS could have accomplished what he did with regular old 9 mm handguns. Actually, he might have been more proficcient at close range since you can shoot two at once.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:That POS could have accomplished what he did with regular old 9 mm handguns. Actually, he might have been more proficcient at close range since you can shoot two at once.

Yes, brindishing 2 handguns at once is a very effective gunfighting technique...

if you're on a movie set in Hollywood.

Kind of like roundhouse kicks in a kung fu movie.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

How exactly does one brindish?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's similar to brandishing, but requires a much shittier keyboard and fingers.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I don't really want to go back and read this whole thread... so:

Has anyone mentioned yet how stupid it was for the mother to expose someone as mentally disturbed as this kid was to such a fucking arsenal?

"Hey son, wanna take a break from your life of Asperger's, personality disorders, Tour of Duty, and self-immolation to go to the range and fire off a shitload of guns? Maybe it will help take the edge off!"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I don't really want to go back and read this whole thread... so:

Has anyone mentioned yet how stupid it was for the mother to expose someone as mentally disturbed as this kid was to such a fucking arsenal?

"Hey son, wanna take a break from your life of Asperger's, personality disorders, Tour of Duty, and self-immolation to go to the range and fire off a shitload of guns? Maybe it will help take the edge off!"
In hindsight, yeah, not such a good idea. Trouble is there are thousands of oddball kids out there that would benefit from having something to do with a parent like that whch they both enjoy. I am guessing the countless hours of playing HALO had a lot to do with it.