Stuffing a Deep Fried Turkey

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

mvscal
Blank

Re: Stuffing a Deep Fried Turkey

Post by mvscal »

Truman wrote:Like grilling a turkey (high heat) and thinking you’ve smoked it (low heat),
It wasn't grilled, moron. Grilling is done over direct heat. And, yes, it was smoked. If you like eating rubber skin, go low and slow. I like my skin crisp and that requires higher temperatures for awhile.
Then why take an hour to caramelize onions when you can turn up the jets and fry ‘em up crisp in a fraction of the time?

Because fried onions aren't carmelized onions, idiot.
Or all the smoke you are apparently willing to give it.
That's right. I actually like to taste the turkey instead of an oversmoked mess that tastes of nothing but smoke and salt.
Did you also suggest that, "the ONLY reason to cook low and slow is you have a tough cut of meat"?
Yes that's the only reason you have to cook low and slow outside of smoke curing which is not "BBQ" either.
I'm not arguing with your results.
Neither am I. I just said it's your time to waste, didn't I?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

mvscal wrote:
Truman wrote:Like grilling a turkey (high heat) and thinking you’ve smoked it (low heat),
It wasn't grilled, moron.

Ballgame.

What a surprise. You really DON’T know what the fuck you’re talking about.

High heat = grilling
Low heat = barbecue

Is what it is, Smokey. Get back to me with the part that reads that you DIDN’T grill your turkey.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're a complete dumbass. Grilling is done over direct heat. Period. Full stop.
Grilling is a form of cooking that involves dry heat applied to the surface of food, commonly from above or below. Grilling usually involves a significant amount of direct, radiant heat, and tends to be used for cooking meat quickly and meat that has already been sliced (or other pieces).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grilling
Grilling or direct heat cooking. Cooking directly over flame or the heat source. Grilling is usually hot and fast.
http://www.amazingribs.com/tips_and_tec ... ssary.html
GRILL:
To cook on a grill over intense heat.
http://www.d.umn.edu/~alphanu/cookery/g ... oking.html
First of all grilling is a lot like broiling. Both use direct heat, but when grilling the heat source comes from below and when broiling the heat source is from above. Both methods are great when cooking tender cuts of beef, chicken, fish and vegetables.

http://reluctantgourmet.com/cooking-tec ... techniques
Grilling: Same as Broiling, except that the heat source is usually beneath the food. (Broil: Cooking by direct heat, usually using the broiler element in the oven. However, the term also applies to heat below the food, as with a barbeque grill directly over the coals, or beside or surrounding the food, like a rotisserie. When the heat is below the food, broiling is frequently called Grilling. )

http://www.cookingdude.com/culinary_terms.htm
Is it starting to sink in yet, dummy? DIRECT HEAT. Say it again....DIRECT HEAT. Oh, by the way, 325-350 is NOT high heat.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

Here in Australia if it's cooked on a Barbecue
Then it's classed as Barbecued
end of story
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

missjo wrote:Here in Australia if it's cooked on a Barbecue
Then it's classed as Barbecued
end of story
Fixed.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

mvscal wrote:You're a complete dumbass. Grilling is done over direct heat. Period. Full stop.
You always were about a gullible fuck. I’ll bet you wear oven mitts and a little doily apron as you mince around your grill.

Fucking amateur. The tragedy here, of course, is that you already own a perfectly good smoker. A Weber kettle, with a bit of patience and a whole lot of practice, will produce fine (low and slow) barbecue. Maybe one of these days you’ll grow a sack, master the dome’s capabilities, and learn how to cook outdoors like Real Men do.

Oh, and mvscal...

You grilled your bird:
Indirect Grilling is more similar to baking than direct grilling
http://bbq.about.com/od/grillinghelp/a/aa011301a_2.htm
Indirect grilling allows you to work over a more moderate temperature (275 to 350 degrees)
http://www.barbecuebible.com/featured/t ... illing.php
The indirect grilling method is mostly suited for larger foods, where the grill is kept at medium-low temperature, 250-350 °F (120-175 °C).
http://www.the-grilling-spot.com/indirect-grilling.html
The Indirect Method is similar to roasting, but with the added benefits of that grilled texture, flavor, and appearance you can't get from an oven. Heat rises, reflects off the lid and inside surfaces of the grill, and slowly cooks the food evenly on all sides. The circulating heat works much like a convection oven, so there's no need to turn the food. Use the Indirect Method for foods that require 25 minutes or more of grilling time or for foods that are so delicate that direct exposure to the heat source would dry them out or scorch them.
http://www.weber.com/weber/grilling-tip ... ct-cooking
Think of indirect grilling as if you've moved your kitchen oven outside.
http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-ea ... z2DfGyJNos
In order for indirect heat to work, you must have a lid for the grill, which turns it into an outdoor oven and maintains a safe cooking temperature. Use an oven thermometer to monitor the heat and open or close the grill vents as needed to control the temperature. Temperatures for indirect grilling generally range from about 250° to 350°F
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/articles/2 ... t-grilling
“Indirect grilling” could just as easily be called roasting. The food is cooked on an area of the grill with no fire below. The fire can be offset from the food to one side, or both sides or even surround the perimeter. The key is a more gentle heat that allows food to cook through without overcooking the outside. Indirect grilling is ideal for larger items that cook for more than 20 minutes — chickens, acorn squash, roasts, casseroles and more. Indirect grilling can be executed at high temperatures around 500ºF or lower temperatures around 300ºF. It can be done with or without smoke.
http://kalamazoogourmet.com/lifestyle/r ... -grilling/
mvscal wrote:Is it starting to sink in yet, dummy? DIRECT HEAT. Say it again....DIRECT HEAT. Oh, by the way, 325-350 is NOT high heat.
You talk out of your ass so much, you have to wipe your mouth when you take a shit.

It is compared to low heat. 325-350 > 225-250. Incidentally, I didn't define 'grilling" as a method of cooking over direct heat. Not sure what your previous post was attempting to prove, other than your attention deficit disorder. Go fuck yourself, novice.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Truman wrote:you already own a perfectly good smoker. A Weber kettle, with a bit of patience and a whole lot of practice, will produce fine (low and slow) barbecue.
I'm well aware of that and, when I do a brisket, ribs or pork shoulder, I'll use low temps. When I do poultry or a slab of top sirlion, I'll use higher temps.
Oh, and mvscal...

You grilled your bird:
Ah, no. You're a complete mess. It's clear you have never been to culinary school, trained under a chef or even worked in a restaurant. Your fixation on temperature is, quite frankly, borderline neurotic. It is certainly comically misinformed. Let me help you out here.

Grilling = open cooking over direct heat.
Roasting = indirect cooking in an enclosed space such as an oven or kettle at temps =/> 400 degrees.
Slow-roasting = roasting at =/< 325 degrees

Indirect grilling isn't similar to roasting. It is roasting. "Indirect grilling" is term that makes no culinary sense. BBQ is also a type of slow-roasting using indirect heat and wood smoke in an enclosed space.
Incidentally, I didn't define 'grilling" as a method of cooking over direct heat.
When you defined the cooking method I used to smoke that turkey as "grilling" when it was never at any point in time over direct heat, you defined yourself as a clueless idiot.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

mvscal wrote:
Truman wrote:you already own a perfectly good smoker. A Weber kettle, with a bit of patience and a whole lot of practice, will produce fine (low and slow) barbecue.
I'm well aware of that and, when I do a brisket, ribs or pork shoulder, I'll use low temps. When I do poultry or a slab of top sirlion, I'll use higher temps.

And when you do, you'll be enjoying grilled poultry or sirloin. This really isn't all that hard, mvscal.
mvscal wrote:
Oh, and mvscal...

You grilled your bird:
Ah, no. You're a complete mess. It's clear you have never been to culinary school, trained under a chef or even worked in a restaurant.
Ah, yes. BTW, I’m not the one that managed to shit himself all over this thread. You’ve never smoked a turkey, much less a brisket, ribs, pork butt, or anything else of note. Not sure what formal Le Cordon Bleu training has to do with you not knowing what the fuck you’re talking about.
mvscal wrote:Your fixation on temperature is, quite frankly, borderline neurotic. It is certainly comically misinformed. Let me help you out here.

Grilling = open cooking over direct heat.
Roasting = indirect cooking in an enclosed space such as an oven or kettle at temps =/> 400 degrees.
Slow-roasting = roasting at =/< 325 degrees
Appreciate the offer of assistance mvscal, but I didn’t make the rules. Barbecue is defined as low-and-slow smoke cooking with temperatures regulated between 225-250 degrees, give-or-take. Grilling, on the other hand, is defined by TWO methods of cooking: Direct heat and INDIRECT heat. BOTH methods use temperatures considerably higher than barbecuing. That isn’t a fixation. That’s a fact.
mvscal wrote:Indirect grilling isn't similar to roasting. It is roasting.

Which has been my point all along. If you wanted roast turkey, you should’ve used an oven. Mikey and I were discussing barbecue when your pompous ass blustered in telling us how we should prepare and cook our birds
mvscal wrote:"Indirect grilling" is term that makes no culinary sense.
Apparently it does to the folks that manufactured your kettle. I’ve already posted two of their links. I can’t help it if you are too criminally fucking stupid to understand them.
mvscal wrote:BBQ is also a type of slow-roasting using indirect heat and wood smoke in an enclosed space.
…And at low temperature. What do we owe you for that pearl of wisdom, mvscus?
mvscal wrote:
Truman wrote:Incidentally, I didn't define 'grilling" as a method of cooking over direct heat.
When you defined the cooking method I used to smoke that turkey as "grilling" when it was never at any point in time over direct heat, you defined yourself as a clueless idiot.
Yep, me and about 65,300 direct Google hits. No, I defined the cooking method you used to grill that turkey as “grilling” because that’s exactly what you did: You used indirect heat with temperatures approaching 350 degrees to roast your bird. Keep swinging, rookie.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Roasting at >= 400 deg?

You're likely to end up with a burned up mess unless you're cooking something really really small.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Only if you're as unskilled, clueless and just plain stupid as Truman.