Anybody Gotten Help Via Acupuncture?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Anybody Gotten Help Via Acupuncture?

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yes. And no. I had serious neck and shoulder pain that physical therapy couldn’t seem to fix. Went to an acupuncturist and after a series of visits, the pain went away. When it recurred a year later, I went back to the acupuncturist. But this time it didn’t help.

Acupuncturist suggested massage therapy, which helped somewhat (no happy ending). The massage therapist also talked about my seating position and posture since I sit at a desk all day. I started working on that and it made a huge difference. Haven’t had any pain for a few years now.

So sit up straight, you lazy old fuck.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Gobbles likes a different form of acupuncture as in pricks in his rectum.

Nearly killed him.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I have two herniated discs in my back. About 15 years ago, I bought a book called Healing Back Pain by John Sarno. I read the book and did the exercises. Basically, it's mind over matter. I haven't had back pain in since the 90s. Meanwhile, a buddy of mine had similar issues. He's been under the knife like 4-5 times, including spinal fusion surgery. He can barely bend over (insert your best homosmack **HERE**) and had to retire a few years ago. He's totally fucked.

I still work out. I run 15-20 miles/week. I play sports. This year I ran a Warrior Dash and a Spartan Race. I am 43 years old and finished in the top 5% both times. I do whatever the fuck I want and I am in way better shape than 90% of people 15-20 years younger than me.

The point being, Sam, I never got cut open and a $20 book helped heal me. Be wary of being cut open by some dude who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing...

Oh yeah, massage therapists are quacks. Anyone stupid enough to go in for a :meds: :meds: back alignment :meds: :meds: deserves what they get.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Jsc810 wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Basically, it's mind over matter.
Yeah that will only get you so far.

If you have a real back problem, that mind over matter stuff won't do a damn thing.
I concur. I suffered through lower back pain for several years, tried acupuncture once with no positive results, and finally had back surgery (L-5, S-1) to repair a ruptured disc. Exercise to strengthen my lower back and abs have been helpful but I occasionally see my local chiro if I overdo it with a lot of heavy lifting and forget that I'm not 25 years old anymore. Sounds like you're dealing with a completely different situation and I wish you the best. Lower back issues are a real bitch.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep, when my shattered cervical vertebrae were literally cutting into my spinal cord mind-over-matter therapy wasn't going to do shit. Those things needed to be removed and the spinal cord needed to be properly isolated.

Now I have full use of my hands again, and I'm no longer running the risk of quadriplegia.

I'm pretty sure Peyton Manning feels the same way. I'm guessing he's glad he didn't go the mind-over-matter route to get his cervical spine repaired.

36-50
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I've tried acupuncture a few times.

It worked pretty well for bursitis in my shoulder but not so much for lower back pain.

Believe it or not the thing that made my lower back pain go away was the hip resurfacing (replacement) surgery. The osteoarthritis in my hips was forcing me to walk with a slightly bent forward gait, which put undue strain on my back. Six years of lower back pain disappeared along with the hip pain.

As a side note, I somehow fucked up my left knee on Sunday while walking our regular three mile loop. It felt fine going uphill but on the final downhill section I could hardly use it. My doc thinks it's a tear in the meniscus and I'm scheduled for an MRI on Thursday. I'm not ready for any more metal yet, though.

Getting old does suck.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:Wearing a fucking bag is not an option for me.
It would hide that thinning gray hair.

schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:Yep, when my shattered cervical vertebrae were literally cutting into my spinal cord mind-over-matter therapy wasn't going to do shit.
That is terrific. Thanks for sharing your particular story. And I am glad it worked out for you.

Now. When I stated to be wary of getting cut open by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, does mean that I believe surgery is not an option... ever? Or to do your research before selecting this option?

I'll hang up and listen.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Well, what about the steam? Did that give you a lift?

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: I play sports.
Sucking cock in the steam room is not 'playing sports' you stupid faggot.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Now. When I stated to be wary of getting cut open by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, does mean that I believe surgery is not an option... ever?
Nice post Grammar smacker.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Van wrote:Yep, when my shattered cervical vertebrae were literally cutting into my spinal cord mind-over-matter therapy wasn't going to do shit.
That is terrific. Thanks for sharing your particular story. And I am glad it worked out for you.

Now. When I stated to be wary of getting cut open by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, does mean that I believe surgery is not an option... ever? Or to do your research before selecting this option?

I'll hang up and listen.
Why in the world would you ever label an experienced neurosurgeon with definitive proof via MRIs in hand as someone who "doesn't know what they're doing"?

What, and some faith healer/herbologist/alternative medicine man does know better?

See, I'd consider a detailed physiological explanation supported by conclusive MRI evidence to be a good example of conducting solid research before selecting an option. When something sharp is physically contacting the spinal cord, it must be removed. EOS.

That is, unless you relish the idea of enduring constant electric jolts to your limbs, providing a none-too-subtle hint that you're risking permanent paralysis.

Me? I'll go with the neurosurgeon's vast experience in conclusively detecting and successfully correcting spinal issues in a cut-and-dried, make-no-mistake-about-it manner. No gray area. See the problem, remove the problem, enjoy the immediate and obvious improvement.

I can still read the feel-good book from the Taos witch doctor. I'll just be able to feel the pages, is all. Not a bad deal.

46-50

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:Why in the world would you ever label an experienced neurosurgeon with definitive proof via MRIs in hand as someone who "doesn't know what they're doing?
Who said the person in question has any experience? Is there ever not a first surgery? Or a second? Are all surgeons good at what they do? Are some better than others? Do all surgeons know what they are doing or do some lose their license to practice medicine?

You do realize we are speaking in general terms, right? We are not discussing any particular MD.

Are you high right now?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And everything you just said about neurosurgeons is equally possible (and far more likely) with non-traditional therapists, so what's your point?

At least with the neurosurgeon he has definitive, explainable proof in hand via the MRIs to support his treatment recommendation. He has an actual picture of what's wrong. What could possibly be more compelling, in terms of a diagnosis?

50-50, and now I'm done with this godforsaken sig.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:And everything you just said about neurosurgeons is equally possible (and far more likely) with non-traditional therapists, so what's your point?
My point is that the person who performed the surgery on my friend lost his license to practice medicine. So. Perhaps, if my friend was more diligent in finding out everything he could about this guy before he went under the knife, he might have chosen a different surgeon, or maybe a different procedure, or maybe herbal medicine. Whatever. No matter what other path he may have chosen, it's possible he wouldn't be crippled.

But instead, he ate whatever this quack was spoon-feeding him.

Do people seriously not research their doctors/surgeries before letting them perform life saving/altering procedures? Have you never gotten a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th opinion? Are you really this dense?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

How are you jumping to this bizarre conclusion that anyone here is recommending against getting second, third, and fourth opinions? Name one person here who has advocated that. I know I haven't.

I do know that even when obtaining those second opinions I'm still going to confine my search to certified neurosurgeons once the MRIs have been processed. No herbalist's opinion will matter squat to me, not when there is conclusive evidence that bone shards are cutting into the spinal cord.

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mikey wrote:I've tried acupuncture a few times.

Believe it or not the thing that made my lower back pain go away was the hip resurfacing (replacement) surgery. The osteoarthritis in my hips was forcing me to walk with a slightly bent forward gait, which put undue strain on my back. Six years of lower back pain disappeared along with the hip pain.
Had a partial knee replacement in my right leg in 2004. I was hurting and kept putting it off. Then the left hip went to hell. Seems like the knee degeneration caused my right leg to be 1/2 shorter than my left, and that put extra pressure on my left hip joint. Got the knee fixed and felt better just laying in the recovery room. Don't put this shit off..it really compromises your quality of life.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I thought aroma therapy was the answer to all of my physical ailments until I realized the therapist had gas.

Sin,

ucant
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:How are you jumping to this bizarre conclusion that anyone here is recommending against getting second, third, and fourth opinions?
Does this not fall under the purview of doing some fucking research before letting the first doctor you talk to cut into you? Because you certainly seem to be against that based upon your asinine responses to my take.

I ask again... are you high right now?

If this doesn't scream get a 2nd opinion...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Be wary of being cut open by some dude who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
... then I can't help you.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And again, where did I or anyone else here ever recommend that we should let the first doctor we talk to cut into us? Seriously, what the fuck are you even reading that you keep harping on this non-issue. No one is debating it.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:And again, where did I or anyone else here ever recommend that we should let the first doctor we talk to cut into us?
Right about the same time you suggested my post meant a person should not be wary of any doctor whatsoever because the only other alternative is to let some "faith healer/herbologist/alternative medicine man" take a crack at healing you.

That's not what I meant and you know that. You want to take my post to the other extreme, then don't bitch about me doing the same to yours.

Deal?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Uhhh...okay. Deal.

:?

missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

Sam Swimming is the BEST thing you can do for back problems
even if you aren't a strong swimmer, get yourself a set of fins & a kickboard go to an olympic pool & try to do about 20 lengths of the pool kicking your finned feed as fast as you can this will both strengthen & loosen the muscles in your lower back & for upper back pain use hand paddles & either fins on your feet or a flotation device which straps to your legs to keep them buoyant while you use your upper body in a freestyle matter, I had major back & problems & a physio recommended this as therapy & it worked like magic my back pain went from an 11 to a far more manageable 3
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Van wrote:50-50, and now I'm done with this godforsaken sig.
Way to finally blow that out.

:hfal:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I have served my debt to society.

socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Doubtful more than a dozen peeps even paid attention to it.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Goobs was not pleased.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Van wrote:Goobs was not pleased.
Not true at all. Those were the 50 of the shortest posts of your career. Win-win.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That's downright hurtful.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Van wrote:That's downright hurtful.
Try some acupuncture.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:I have served my debt to society.
You served your debt to socal.

You're still building your debt to society.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Then it'll be like the Taj Mahal.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sudden Sam wrote: I'm thinking yanking limbs down with that extended saw might not have been one of my more brilliant ideas.
Yep, you always have to remember your age and history of back problems....and maybe the extreme pain you're in right now....before engaging in that kind of activity. It will save you pain in the future. It also helps if you can convince your wife to always take the top position and doing most of the work.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Mace wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: I'm thinking yanking limbs down with that extended saw might not have been one of my more brilliant ideas.
Yep, you always have to remember your age and history of back problems....and maybe the extreme pain you're in right now....before engaging in that kind of activity. It will save you pain in the future. It also helps if you can convince your wife to always take the top position and doing most of the work.
She's a dear about that.
You are truly a lucky man.
Shit, man, when there's stuff that needs to be done...I do it. I never think first, never want help...I just do it. Looks like those days are over.
I know. Been there, done that. It ain't worth it. Recognizing that those days are over is a start but you'll likely need to be reminded of that from time to time.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

I've been nursing an L5 herniated disc since June and the sciatic pain I had the 1st few weeks was damn near tear inducing. I also did the epidural injections and that helped a lot, but for long term relief I have been doing yoga. That shit is hard for an out of shape fat dude like me, but it is getting easier and it had helped the most to prevent any more symptoms from my disc. For me they said surgery was not really an option since I have not turned 40 yet, but the nature of my job has torn up my body. Best of luck Sam.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Avoid surgery until it's your only option. I did for quite a while, but finally succumbed and got temporary relief from the sciatica. Now, I am just riding it out 'til I have no choice but to do this major shit.
Gonna have your back amputated, huh?
"I see everything twice!"
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Know anyone who's gone that route?
Yeah, but now he looks like this:

"I see everything twice!"
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I think I heard somewhere that this guy had his spine removed.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Smackie Chan wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Know anyone who's gone that route?
Yeah, but now he looks like this:

:shock:

Wonder if I could ride my bike in that shape...
I don't know. You coud probably do this:

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:Nurse called me yesterday and asked if I was claustrophobic. Told her nope, I enjoy my time in the tube...don't need no open MRI. She was like, "Mmmmmmm-kay."

Off to get pics done. We shall see if something has gone awry again.

Acupuncture & chiro next week. I will defeat this shit.
Had my knee MRIed yesterday. My legs were in the tube but my head was sticking out. Very strange experience.
It took about 30 minutes and I think I slept for about half of it.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey wrote:
Had my knee MRIed yesterday. My legs were in the tube
Let me guess. That's all that would fit.