VW scores another great car ad

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

VW scores another great car ad

Post by smackaholic »

Sitting here get my daily neocon marching orders from faux news. A commercial comes on so, I pretty much tune out until I hear the unmistakable voice of that bass player chick from upper mexico. ...fly by night away from here...

This gets my attention, so I look up to see 3 piece suit wearing dude sitting in his Passat at a light, rocking out. He goes into Neil Peart mode with a few nice fills (with obligatory stick toss that I didn't notice till the replay). :lol: All of a sudden he stops and looks up at a crowd watching him. Busted. Fellow Rush Nation member gives him the peace sign with OOOOW!!!! shout.

Nice.

VW still has the best car ads. If their QC was as good as their marketing, they'd rule the world.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: VW scores another great car ad

Post by smackaholic »

All right fukkers, just let my shit b42esque thread plummet right off the front page. Well, just halfway. I think it takes three months these days for a thread to make it to page 2 in this mausoleum.

Anyway, I suspect a few of you fukk have seen this. This morning me and the OL are watching the tube and it comes on. The OL smiles and says, OMG, that fukkin' guy is YOU!!!! I told her I was gonna videotape her tone deaf ass while she's singing on the elliptical machine attempting to sing along with winnona. That shit is almost AirFrance bad.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The stick toss makes it. Hilarious. And also YOOOW!!! dude.
DELSDAD
Elwood

Post by DELSDAD »

Rack VW for going to some old school Rush.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I think we know what will be up on the big screen during fly by night for this tour.

only problem is, geddy will be singing it about 29 keys lower. or is it fifths or notes or some shit. spray, van?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Steps.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Well, if it's steps, geddy's voice needs an elevator to get from 1977 shrieking to today, pretty much like you were saying the other day about Robert Plant. The difference is that early 70s RP sounded like he might have been a dude, wereas vintage GL sounds as effeminate as Steve Vai looks. Today he can actually pass himself off as male.

Wasn't much of an Album listener as a kid, so my rock listening was mainly radio. So, my first exposure to Rush was their first big radio single, Tom Sawyer. I was absolutely positive that the singer for this new band, Rush was a chick.

Looking back now at their pre-moving pictures body of work, how the hell did the earlier stuff not get heavy radio play? I realize part of it was 11 minute tunes don't make it on the air much, but, they did have some stuff that could have been radio friendly.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote:Steps.

I would have gone with "octaves," but whatever.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one