Mizzou at USC

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: Mizzou at USC

Post by Bizzarofelice »

rough season, so far. early injuries to the o-line. and then more o-line injuries during the Georgia game. and another today. mostly affected run blocking. and the fact that over 70% of the snaps are either at the shoelaces or above the head of the QB.

quarterback is obviously hurt to the point that throwing downfield is a problem. what was once a pass happy team is now grounded. painful to watch.

zone read ain't working when the opponent's DE is fast and your tackles are redshirt freshmen.

what was with SC's third drive where Mizzou dropped back and let the TE get 9 yds over the middle the entire length of the field? at least the DLine looks good.

more than just the disappointing injuries and shitty play is the whisper in the ear of Mizzou fans that it must be the SEC is tougher. but even against top ten opponents we scored points. and these frustrations were there during our non-SEC AZ St. game last week. but we'll hear all about how nobody does well in the SEC early on. but we haven't seen play this shitty from Mizzou since 2004, and the only SEC specific reason I can see is the DEs we've faced thusfar.
why is my neighborhood on fire
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

the game went exactly as I expected.

Mizzou can't tackle for shit, every SC runner made a another 3-4 yards after initial contact. Special teams play was especially atrocious, poor tackling again the culprit. Play calling was ridiculous. One instance in particular in the first half while it was still 0-0. 3rd and 1 and Franklin rolls out and throws the ball 20 yards down field to a blanketed receiver, a pass that had absolutely zero chance of being completed. This, while they were routinely gaining yards at will running the ball. Dumbfucks, you need 1 fucking yard. :brad:

Bottom line is that my CFB team aren't Tigers, they're fucking pussies. I can't wait until B-ball season rolls around.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

War Wagon wrote:Bottom line is that my CFB team aren't Tigers, they're fucking pussies. I can't wait until B-ball season rolls around.
War Wagon wrote:No, you're not a (Mizzou) fan.

You're a band wagoning, front running dumb fuck.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

That's a reach Tru and you know it.

point taken though.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

schmick wrote:Cal played at USC, pretty positive, went to the game
Thought you weren't going to any more game this season, you fucking pussy?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bizzarofelice wrote:the only SEC specific reason I can see is the DEs we've faced thusfar.

Tell us about it.

Sin,
Quack Quack
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

SEC ain't got nothin' to do with it, Sammy. This team would be getting killed had they stayed in the XII. What a friggin' mess...
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

because they are banged up they had to get young. and a new, interesting injured QB problem. we haven't had a QB problem since 2002.

sagrin says we've played the hardest schedule thusfar. Can't say that the SEC is to blame when we've played the # and #6 ranked teams with a super-crippled offense. ain't like the entire SEC East is comparable to Georgia and SC. Gotta play the Vandys at some point.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote:SEC ain't got nothin' to do with it, Sammy. This team would be getting killed had they stayed in the XII. What a friggin' mess...
I doubt that.

And while the O-line may be banged up and young, they were still running the ball well. This teams problem is with the defense and piss poor tackling. It doesn't get any more fundamental than that.

As for QB, if Franklin is hurt or doesn't have his head screwed on straight, play the red shirt freshman. He might take some lumps for awhile, but he's only going to get better. He's a prototypical QB while Franklin is no Brad Smith and has already reached his full potential.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

It's the same shit as always

You have MidMajor Coaches, trying to coach in a power conference. Yost is fucking horrible.

Thankfully for Yost and Pinkel, the facts that no one wanted to play defense the past 2 seasons in the Big12, allowed them to put up bogus numbers on bad defenses and many bad teams. They are being exposed as frauds, i've hated this scheme since the dipstick Christiansen was there.

You have a pieced together OL, and your running 5 wide, play after fucking play.

Even Schmick, and his asinine coaching would bring in a RB or a TE, and try to slow the De's down. NOpe, Yost is too smart for that shit, were going 5 fucking wide, and no matter how hard or times you hit our QB, i'm not stopping!

You have some really good, big wr's, and your running 3 yard out after 3 yard out.

UCF won't have to game plan, here is the Yost playbook:
1st down Stretch right
2nd down QB draw into teeth of defense
3rd down (9 yards) 3 yard out
Punt
1st down Stretch left
2nd down QB draw into teeth of defense
3rd down(12 yards) QB draw into teeth of defense
PUnt

Fucking brilliant this guy is.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote:Yost is fucking horrible.
I can't argue with that, much.

That 3rd and 1 pass play I ranted about earlier is a good example.

But it still comes down to basics like blocking and tackling. Bigger, stronger, faster athletes are going to dominate inferiors... that's exactly what we saw against Georgia (in the 4th qtr) and against South Carolina for the whole game.

I've often said that a good coach can't make a bad team good, but a bad coach can make a (potentially) good team bad. Not certain that Yost is a bad coach, just that he's doing the best he can with what he has to work with.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

War Wagon wrote:
Truman wrote:SEC ain't got nothin' to do with it, Sammy. This team would be getting killed had they stayed in the XII. What a friggin' mess...
I doubt that.
Well, then, you and I ain't watchin' the same ball club this season

We can’t run the ball, throw the ball, or kick the ball, much less even center the ball. But since my take will most-likely draw an argument out of you, let’s take a peek at what the Tigers 2012 Big XII schedule would’ve looked like:

vs. Oklahoma. L. Gag reflex kicks in as Mizzou’s long snapper air-mails the ball over punter Trey Barrows’s head for a safety, and Stoops and Co. escape Columbia with their national ranking intact and a 1 point win.

vs. Kansas State. L. Snyder pwns Pinkel.

@ Iowa State (Ames). L. First conference road test. A much-improved Cyclones team is due, and Ames has proven to be a veritable Fun House for unsuspecting opponents recently.

@ OSU (Stillwater). L. Because we have always played well in Stillwell. :meds:

vs. Texas A&M. W. Only because they are a bigger train wreck than we are, AND we’re home.

vs. Baylor. L. And we're supposed to outscore Baylor how?

@ Texas (Austin). L. Well, at least our Texas Tigers will get to lose in front of family…

@ Texas Tech (Lubbock). W. But I could see one of those infamous West Texas Nor’easters roll in right at game time and blow Mizzou right out of Jones Stadium…

vs. KU (Kansas City). W. Kansas is horrible.

Given a 4-0 start - we had 3 cupcakes lined up to complement our tough non-con match up with ASU ( :meds: ) – we finish 7-4 and bowl eligible.

Which I suppose is an improvement over our now-projected – at best - 6-6. Central Florida is favored this weekend, btw. Bottom line, we’d get our shit pushed in in either conference this season unless things improve in a hurry….
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote: Well, then, you and I ain't watchin' the same ball club this season.
Sure we are.
We can’t run the ball, throw the ball, or kick the ball, much less even center the ball.
We can run it some, pretty well actually. Can't pass much with a QB with a bum shoulder though and kicking, that's a disaster just waiting to happen.
But since my take will most-likely draw an argument out of you...
No need to argue over games that won't be played, my friend. But I think we'd be competitive with the best the XII has to offer, certainly not beaten like redheaded stepchildren.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Truman wrote: @ Iowa State (Ames). L.

vs. Baylor. L.

things are bad, but not that bad.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

...by a FG on the last play of the game.

Yep, that was really decisive.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Van wrote:...by a FG on the last play of the game.

Yep, that was really decisive.
Oregon scored 19 points.

They'd averaged 49 ppg during the season.

Auburn had, at best, a mediocre defense.

You didn't check under your pillow this morning to see if the Logic Fairy left anything under there.

SECnology never fails to disappoint.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

In order to enlighten you, I'd need a time machine that could take Young Sam out of Laughingstock Country.

Oregon 2010 was an offensive juggernaut. Auburn managed to hold them to 19 points.

Is that the work of a "mediocre defense"?

It's been almost 2 years, but I could have sworn Auburn was getting 2 DEs into the backfield on almost every play... hardly the mark of a "mediocre defense." What that defense did in the 13 games prior is irrelevant. They were awsome that day.

Some of them even play on Sundays now.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And Oregon with their seemingly meh defense held the Cam Newton juggernaut offense to a million fewer points than their season average. It was a sloppily played game for both offenses.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev