So what does the future hold for PSU?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: So what does the future hold for PSU?

Post by Van »

Actually, Ohio St was the most recent major scandal, Miami and Penn St notwithstanding.

Never fear, though. The NCAA is back on the case. Just ask Cal Tech.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I guess I overlooked tOSU, since the punishment didn't even come close to fitting the crime (worse than USC, IMO... although USC has a much worse history).

But props to the NCAA for leaving no stone unturned at CalTech -- how dare those non-schollie athletes attend different classes, per CalTech's tradition?

Heaven forbid if any of them ever participated in the traditional CalTech senior pranks... that would definitely warrant a Death Penalty.

WE MUST RID D3 OF THE CHEATERS!!!! I mean, some of those programs must be doing $5000 at the gate, along with their TV revenue of... something.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I would imagine that on the Cal Tech campus and throughout their alumni base a spirited intramural match of quidditch would garner higher TV ratings than any football or basketball game involving Cal Tech teams.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

I'd pay to see Cal Tech prank the NCAA.

http://www.popsci.com/entertainment-%25 ... ege-pranks
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jsc, why on earth would that piss you off? He couldn't be more correct, and every time I see an interview of an SEC 'student athlete' or of any school's dumbshits who clearly do not belong on a university campus it only reinforces what he's saying.

Never mind the more insidious forms of sports-themed corruption to which he is undoubtedly referring, the subject of this thread providing Exhibits A through Z.

I promise you that my feeling on this matter encompasses USC and the Pac 12, as well. Every time I see some tatted-up thug from USC or Oregon acting the self-congratulatory fool on the field and just plain embarrassing himself I inch ever closer to wishing the whole thing would just go away.

I'm thoroughly disgusted by our society's idolization of willfully stupid athletes who merely through the dint of winning the DNA lotto also won the actual lotto.

One of my nieces was a 4.2 GPA academic monster who speaks fluent Mandarin and still she couldn't gain acceptance to Cal, her top choice. Meanwhile, Marshawn Lynch and his ilk were given that opportunity.

I love college football, pro football and sports in general as much as anyone, but I'm seriously losing interest in college athletics because of the bastardization of the entire process. Our priorities are totally screwed up.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote: Detroit. 'Nuff said.
shit, detroit's the wild west, basically what all you southerin get-the-gubmit-off-my-back shit talkers claim you pine for while cashing all those social security checks from that very same gubmit. that and everyone GFODs the very first chance they get, leaving their betrothed cousins behind. y'all just move into campers together.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

“SMU: ‘It’s unbelievable to think that kind of corruption came right from the top of the power structure. The NCAA did what it had to do’ in canceling SMU’s 1988 football season.“ -JoePa in 1987

PSU deserves a fate worse than death. Scholarships cut in half, 3 year bowl ban and all current players can transfer without penalty.

I wish JoePa would have left CFB to the Switzers and the Sherrills of the world
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Van wrote:Jsc, why on earth would that piss you off? He couldn't be more correct, and every time I see an interview of an SEC 'student athlete' or of any school's dumbshits who clearly do not belong on a university campus it only reinforces what he's saying.
Will is absolutely right.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

That's a bit too sanctimonious for me. Not a single person here would pull the plug on BTPCF if given the power to do so.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That's a bit too sanctimonious for me. Not a single person here would pull the plug on BTPCF if given the power to do so.
I didn't say I would either. I just said he's right.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Give me another five years and I might. I'm only talking about the major football factories. I have no problem with college football as it should be, which is small-time college football.

Keep in mind, we're likely the only country on the planet that idolizes college athletics. Most of the rest of the world looks at our obsession with college sports as utterly silly, and they're probably right.

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Van wrote:Give me another five years
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Papa Willie wrote:
M Club wrote:
shit, detroit's the wild west, basically what all you southerin get-the-gubmit-off-my-back shit talkers claim you pine for while cashing all those social security checks from that very same gubmit. that and everyone GFODs the very first chance they get, leaving their betrothed cousins behind. y'all just move into campers together.
And (again) then there are all of the folks like you who work their lives away just to move down here. Just fucking hilarious. :grin:
If anything, I'm moving to the very top of Maine or Minnesota, after today...90% humidity here in the Burgh, a matter of course for you Georgians, but sheer torture for us northern folk...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
M Club wrote:
And (again) then there are all of the folks like you who work their lives away just to move down here. Just fucking hilarious. :grin:
I can’t think of a single person I’ve ever known who hoped to retire in fucking Georgia. Are you serious? Florida, yeah, but that’s not really part of the South anyway.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: I can’t think of a single person I’ve ever known who hoped to retire in fucking Georgia. Are you serious? Florida, yeah, but that’s not really part of the South anyway.
There are a shitload of yankee retirees in Alabama and Georgia. Military folks who were once stationed here come back in droves. Central Alabama is full of you cheeseheads.
There truly is no accounting for tastes. We don't need anyone living in Wisconsin that is dumb enough to move to the Golden Necktangle (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi).

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Don't blame people who've made union money all their lives for moving to the south when they retire. Think the current XE is 1 USD = 42 Dixie pesos.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Though the NCAA's president says all options will be considered, college sports' governing body may have few options when it comes to punishing Penn State's football program in the wake of its child sex abuse scandal, according to those who have defended and helped sanction NCAA rule breakers.

Former NCAA infractions committee chairmen and investigators condemn what happened at Penn State according to the report by former FBI director Louis Freeh — Penn State senior leaders concealing information that could have stopped Jerry Sandusky from sexually abusing children. But they say one significant challenge looms for the NCAA: finding an NCAA rules violation.

"That's the problem — there isn't one," said David Swank, a former chair of the infractions committee that acts as judge and jury in NCAA investigations.

Because Penn State's transgressions might not involve violating traditional NCAA bylaws, leveling sanctions might require the NCAA enforcement staff to alter how it holds programs accountable and for what behavior. Mike Glazier, an attorney who represents schools during NCAA investigations, said: "If they (the NCAA) decide to get into it and apply their enforcement procedures, it would be unprecedented for them."

NCAA President Mark Emmert said Monday in a PBS interview that he does not want to "take anything off the table" if the NCAA determines penalties are warranted against Penn State and that he has "never seen anything as egregious as this in terms of just overall conduct and behavior inside a university."

One possibility is for the NCAA to hit Penn State with lack of institutional control — a charge that historically warrants harsh penalties such as those recently levied against Ohio State and Southern Califiornia — but that dubious distinction has always been tied to other specific rules violations, said Tom Yeager, a former chair of the infractions committee.

Chuck Smrt, who was employed by the NCAA's enforcement staff for more than 17 years, said the NCAA in the past has addressed situations involving school officials concealing information related to potential NCAA violations. But Smrt, who now assists universities with compliance and investigations as president of The Compliance Group, did not recall the NCAA ever addressing situations involving school officials concealing information related to potential criminal activity.

"To have a penalty you have to have a violation. So what is the violation?" said Smrt, who has been present at more than 100 hearings before the infractions committee. "And to go down that path, you have to go down the path of university administrators did not properly review information concerning a potential criminal violation. I am not aware of the NCAA ever making that finding."

Penn State is preparing for some kind of NCAA action. Said school spokesman David La Torre, "We are in the process of engaging counsel."

School President Rodney Erickson told the Associated Press that it will respond to the NCAA's demand for information within days as the governing body decides whether the university should face penalties. In November, Emmert sent the school a list of questions he wanted answered that would examine the "exercise of institutional control."

No one disputes that the Penn State case represents an unprecedented set of circumstances involving egregious behavior that occurred over a long period and saw a football community at times permitted to operate by its own set of rules within the university.

Swank said there is "no question" there was unethical conduct by senior leaders who concealed information. But historically the NCAA's charge of unethical conduct has been tied to other specific rules violations, he said.

"It's horribly egregious conduct, and I don't think anybody would condone it," Swank said. "What are the agencies that are charged with taking care of this? That is your criminal court and your civil court. Not the NCAA. It just does not fit for the NCAA to step into this particular issue."

Yeager said reasonable people are "repulsed" by the findings at Penn State. But he said for the NCAA to cite the university with lack of institutional control would require a different application of the charge because this presents a "very different" set of circumstances.

"I'm not saying it's right or wrong," Yeager said. "It would be kind of a unique situation. Most situations that have shown widespread lack of control in an athletic situation there have been your share of NCAA violations attached, which made it a little easier to attach it to known NCAA rule violations."

The NCAA informed Penn State in November that that the NCAA would be examining the "exercise of institutional control" within the Penn State athletics department. And the NCAA said last week that it expects Penn State to answer a handful of critical questions related to its handling of the sex-abuse scandal.

A public debate has raged on Twitter and in the news media in recent weeks over whether Penn State should be the second major college football team to receive the so-called death penalty. In the late 1980s, Southern Methodist became the only major college football team ever forced to drop the sport for a period of time because of widespread NCAA violations.

Programs usually come under consideration for the death penalty if they are repeat violators, meaning that the respective universities had other major rules violations in the previous five years. But Smrt and Yeager said the death penalty is always an option when the infractions committee decides how to punish schools in cases that involve major violations.

"Unfortunately, someone (a school) could go from 0 to 60 (mph) with something so egregious, so it does not have to be a repeat violator — could be right out of the blocks," Yeager said.

"The understanding we always had was that the committee on infractions really has the liberty, and the list of penalties for major violations is really expansive, to be able to craft any type of penalty it believes appropriate."

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/5 ... Sports%7Cp
Yeah...pretty much everything I've been saying all along.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Where's the part where USC gets a clean slate? I don't understand.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:So, Mr. Rush to the Buffet Stand, what could POSSIBLY be deeper and darker than kiddy diddling to the point where Sandusky would be able to get over on Paterno? Please cite specific examples, too. Take your time.
Good question. And Joe likely took it to his grave.

We didn’t know that there was evidence Joe Paterno knew about formal allegations against Sandusky as far back as 1998, four years before his assistant Mike McQueary walked in on Sandusky raping an 11-year-old boy in the Penn State showers, and then reported it to the coach. A supposedly shocked Paterno told Washington Post reporter Sally Jenkins shortly before his death that he didn’t know what to do upon hearing McQueary’s story because he’d “never heard of rape and a man.”

We didn’t know that when Sandusky was forced into retirement in 1999, he received in Freeh’s words, “an unusual lump sum payment of $168,000” as well as full use of team facilities.

We didn’t know that Paterno, well aware of every sick allegation, wanted Sandusky in 1999 to stay as “Volunteer Position Director–Positive Action for Youth.”

We didn’t know that Sandusky had the gall to ask the school to open, in his name, a football camp for middle school boys.

And most criminally, we didn’t know, according to Freeh, that in 2001 Schultz and Curley agreed to go to authorities but changed their mind after Curley discussed their plan with Paterno. At one point, Spanier said that if Sandusky quietly sought help, they’d turn a blind eye.

As Freeh commented, “Our most saddening and sobering finding is the total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky’s child victims. The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimized.”

He also accuses Spanier, Curley, Schultz and Paterno of “opting out” of complying with the Cleary Act, the federal law that mandates colleges report crime. That criminal accusation in plain black and white will become a staple of lawsuits for years if not decades.One Penn State alum tweeted this morning, “If you want to take a picture with a Joe Paterno statue, you had better do it now.”

Meanwhile the PA gov. has some serious explaining to do. I'd just like to know when someone is going to start asking him the hard questions
The Governor is far from an innocent bystander. As the state’s attorney general in 2009, Corbett headed a state investigation into accusations against the revered former coach. Although his office denies it, there are multiple confirmations that Corbett assigned no one from his office to follow up on the charges: just one state trooper, a state trooper “not authorized to bring charges against Sandusky.” In addition, when Corbett was sworn in as governor in 2011, he still had not informed Thae Second Mile Foundation that their founder was under investigation. Instead, as a candidate for governor, he took $650,000 in donations from members of the Second Mile’s unknowing board, even allowing their chairman to hold a fundraiser for his campaign. Upon being elected, Corbett then moved deftly from doing nothing to immediately try to deflect the entire weight of the scandal onto Joe Paterno and Penn State itself, using his recently appointed position as a member of the school’s Board of Trustees (an automatic appointment for all Pennsylvania Governors) to do so.

To "borrow" a line from Hamlet

"something stinks in the Happy Valley" and it's not just the shit encrusted dick of Jerry Sandusky..
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm by no means a fan of Corbett, but must of the dark rumoring about his role has been cooked up by PSU fans who will hate him until their dying days for his role in firing Joe. Most of those folks voted for him in 2010, in all likelihood...and are perfectly happy with what he's doing to the state - but he is a figure that will forever be detested by the statue-polishers now.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

PSUFAN wrote:Where's the part where USC gets a clean slate?

That was taken care of by Cal Tech on page 2.

http://tech.caltech.edu/archive/mit.pdf

USC to Receive NCAA Pardon

By Michael Louise

The University of Southern California will receive a full pardon from
the NCAA for any violations, recruiting or otherwise, over the past 5 years.
USC has been promised that it will not be punished for buying Reggie
Bush’s parents a house, housing Matt Leinart in a posh apartment, having
former players call recruits and downright paying players to play college
sports.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Goobs wrote:the Golden Necktangle
:lol:

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote:
M Club wrote:Don't blame people who've made union money all their lives for moving to the south when they retire. Think the current XE is 1 USD = 42 Dixie pesos.

http://hotpads.com/search/state/WI#lat= ... PerQuad=24

Swing and a miss, Cunt Spice. Look at how many 3 bedroom homes $5,000 will get you in your beloved city. :lol:
i suppose swing and miss. i mean, our self-avowed troll "just having some fun hurrr" responded to a tongue-in-cheek comment by scrolling through real estate prices in detroit. only need one tab open if you're getting by on stereotypes, tub.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

PSUFAN wrote:
I'd be inclined to give Penn State the death penalty
'

Terry, are you also in favor of shutting down Catholic Churches in the wake of that abuse scandal? If not, then why not?
No, a ton of differences between the two.

1. As Lefty pointed out, there is no governing body over churches.

2. The "death penalty," as imposed by the NCAA, is actually a misnomer. In reality, it is a one-, or at most two-year shutdown of the program. How do you actually impose something like that upon the Catholic Church?

3. Unlike Spray, I never suggested that the entire university be shut down. That, imho, would be more analogous to shutting down the Catholic Church. And I would be opposed to that, primarily for the reason that doing so ultimately would do more harm than good to the people of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Same goes for shutting down the Catholic Church.

4. Most people who have talked about this scandal as applied to Penn State have opined that it is the worst scandal ever associated with college football. I don't think you can say the same thing about the scandal and the Catholic Church, at least not from an historical perspective. Just off the top of my head, there was the Inquisition, the Crusades, the Vatican's alleged support of Nazi Germany, etc. And speaking of churches and outlandish behavior, if you want to hear about truly scary behavior, do a google search on Scientology sometime. There's a reason Katie Holmes feels safer in the Catholic Church than she did tied in so closely to Scientology.

5. If you're talking about shutting down individual parishes, the individual parishes had no say in selecting their priests. Those Orders come from the Bishop of the Diocese in question.

6. As bad as the Church scandal was, it in reality involved only a small fraction of the Catholic Church (there are 100 million Catholics in the U.S. alone, I would guess that the worldwide number is at least triple that). The Penn State scandal involved higher-ups from the football team, was somewhat common knowledge among the football program even at the players' level, and the coverup extended all the way to the university President. I haven't heard any credible evidence that the Vatican was directly involved in covering up the scandal within the Church.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Terry, thanks for the response.
Terry in Crapchester wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:
I'd be inclined to give Penn State the death penalty
'

Terry, are you also in favor of shutting down Catholic Churches in the wake of that abuse scandal? If not, then why not?
No, a ton of differences between the two.

1. As Lefty pointed out, there is no governing body over churches.

Which is not to say that there should NOT be, given the abuse scandal.

2. The "death penalty," as imposed by the NCAA, is actually a misnomer. In reality, it is a one-, or at most two-year shutdown of the program. How do you actually impose something like that upon the Catholic Church?

I'm setting aside the practicality of enforcement for the purposes of this discussion, in favor of a focus on calls for punishment.

3. Unlike Spray, I never suggested that the entire university be shut down. That, imho, would be more analogous to shutting down the Catholic Church. And I would be opposed to that, primarily for the reason that doing so ultimately would do more harm than good to the people of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Same goes for shutting down the Catholic Church.

Agreed...

4. Most people who have talked about this scandal as applied to Penn State have opined that it is the worst scandal ever associated with college football. I don't think you can say the same thing about the scandal and the Catholic Church, at least not from an historical perspective. Just off the top of my head, there was the Inquisition, the Crusades, the Vatican's alleged support of Nazi Germany, etc. And speaking of churches and outlandish behavior, if you want to hear about truly scary behavior, do a google search on Scientology sometime. There's a reason Katie Holmes feels safer in the Catholic Church than she did tied in so closely to Scientology.

I don't think we have to crown the scandal as the "most" anything in order to at least consider punitive action, do we?

5. If you're talking about shutting down individual parishes, the individual parishes had no say in selecting their priests. Those Orders come from the Bishop of the Diocese in question.

PSU fans don't have a say in selecting footbal lcoaches, athletic directors, university administrators...so, another parallel.

6. As bad as the Church scandal was, it in reality involved only a small fraction of the Catholic Church (there are 100 million Catholics in the U.S. alone, I would guess that the worldwide number is at least triple that). The Penn State scandal involved higher-ups from the football team, was somewhat common knowledge among the football program even at the players' level, and the coverup extended all the way to the university President. I haven't heard any credible evidence that the Vatican was directly involved in covering up the scandal within the Church.

Not sure I understand what you're getting at here. I see no golden ratio of malevolent actors that qualifies or disqualifies an organization for punishment of any kind. Moreover, aren't you handing/unhanding the utility of what is deemed "credible evidence"? We have no credible evidence that the Vatican was directly involved in covering up scandal. Neither do we have credible evidence of the extent of common knowledge at PSU, either admin, football team/staff, or community. I'll personally agree that the Freeh Report is credible evidence of the involvement of the Four (even though many will rightly request that this be established in a court of law, I'm not quibbling with it, though)
By the way, a person whose connections I respect has been telling me that more information about who was involved in what is definitely on the way. This will be welcomed by all of us, if true...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

According to a report by The Chronicle on Thursday, the Big Ten is reviewing a proposal that would ultimately give commissioner Jim Delany more power, which would allow him to take on the ability to fire a specific coach at any of the Big Ten institutions in the event the actions of that coach "significantly harm the league's reputation."
FUCK. JIM. DELANY.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

It's hard to see either of those things coming to fruition...funny, though.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Did Terry just write that there are 100,000,000 Catholics in America? As in roughly one out of every three Americans is Catholic?

I'm not sure which one to go with here, so I guess I'll use both...

:shock:

:lol:

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:
According to a report by The Chronicle on Thursday, the Big Ten is reviewing a proposal that would ultimately give commissioner Jim Delany more power, which would allow him to take on the ability to fire a specific coach at any of the Big Ten institutions in the event the actions of that coach "significantly harm the league's reputation."
FUCK. JIM. DELANY.
Shut the fuck up already, you fucking drama queen.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
FUCK. JIM. DELANY.
Shut the fuck up already, you fucking drama queen.
What, he's your fucking hero? Get your skinny MAC ass out of here, bitch.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: What, he's your fucking hero? Get your skinny MAC ass out of here, bitch.
You're just embarrassed you creamed your pants a little early. It was just a study paper, not some decree about to be signed into law. If you think Jim Fucking Delaney is ever going to amass the power to fire schools' coaches, well then you are even dumber than we imagined. Not a Delaney fan in the least, here, but at least upstage you, once again, in the brains department.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: What, he's your fucking hero? Get your skinny MAC ass out of here, bitch.
You're just embarrassed you creamed your pants a little early. It was just a study paper, not some decree about to be signed into law. If you think Jim Fucking Delaney is ever going to amass the power to fire schools' coaches, well then you are even dumber than we imagined. Not a Delaney fan in the least, here, but at least upstage you, once again, in the brains department.
ELIMINATED
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

PSUFAN wrote:I'm by no means a fan of Corbett, but must of the dark rumoring about his role has been cooked up by PSU fans who will hate him until their dying days for his role in firing Joe. Most of those folks voted for him in 2010, in all likelihood...and are perfectly happy with what he's doing to the state - but he is a figure that will forever be detested by the statue-polishers now.
I don't think there is any dark rumoring to be done. Even with subpoena power he understaffed any legit investigation into this mess.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

ELIMINATED
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I bet Nike convinces them to leave up the players in the background.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

lol...I never noticed that until you mentioned it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

PSUFAN wrote:lol...I never noticed that until you mentioned it.
There are two HUGE stories, even bigger than my crank, that really need to be written out of all this:

1) Nike's relationship with Paterno. It's more than Nike and Penn State (or nike and Texas or Nike and SC) in a marketing relationship to enrich each other. When your sponsoring school puts your fucking logo on a bronze statue, you know it's more than a simple business decision. Nike was more ingrained with Paterno than the school itself, more along the lines of Nike and Paterno than Nike and Penn State.

2) Someone please talk to former PSU men's bball coach Ed DeChellis, now at Navy, and ask him what he thinks about Spanier, Schultz, Curley, etc. DeChellis was basically told to fuck off by Spanier when he asked for more men's bball money after leading the program to its most successful season in just about forever. Spanier basically told him right before all the Sandusky shit went down we don't invest in men's bball, so DeChellis decided to hit the eject button and take the Navy job. Not a bad decision. I'd rather live in Annapolis than State College any day.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Screwball wrote:There are two HUGE stories, even bigger than my crank
Now was that really necessary?

:x

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

There are two HUGE stories, even bigger than my crank
So what you're essentially saying is that they are bigger than totally inconsequential? Get writing, midgets.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I forgot [/brad]