Post by Dinsdale »

Roach wrote:not to mention angling expert
Yup.

river guide
Amateur, but yup.

shit tank scraper professional
Nope... we sandblast them.

You are truely screwed Chip.

Pretty much, but I have nothing to do with that.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Re: Open Inquiry to Morons

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:You sure are one shitass lawyer -- read the Constitution sometime... which would apparently put you a step ahead of the SCOTUS.
I'm probably the only lawyer that you've encountered who has (1) actually defended the constitutionality of laws in federal and state courts, and (2) is a grader for the constitutional law bar exam.

But please, educate me on the nuances of constitutional law. :lol:
And yet you have absolutely no demonstrated ability to reason critically.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: And yet you have absolutely no demonstrated ability to reason critically.
and neither do you...your hatred of obama is getting in the way of any semblance of "critical thinking" or objectivity.....I asked you once before so I'll ask it again....what is Romney going to do to address all of the issues you started this thread with.....

don't tell me, let me tell you....he's not going to do a fucking thing other than to make it his goal to abolish the healthcare mandate....it's evidenced in his continual lies about what the health care mandate will do.....that's going to be the focal point of his campaign and Obama is going to kick him square in the nuts with it....

it's easy for asshats like you to throw shit from the cheap seats, but when given the opportunity to present a case for why I should vote for romney, you're strangely silent....I've already said I'm not voting for either of these fuckwads, but I'm certainly open to changing my attitude if somebody could make a strong argument as to why I should cast my vote for mittens....sure, he's got all the sincerity of a fucking used car salesman, but I'm willing to overlook the fact the dude made piles of cash at the misery of others....

so, here's your opportunity bud...lay it on me, what is romney going to do for me (middle class cat that I am)......

go...
get out, get out while there's still time
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Smackie Chan wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:NO ONE can or will attempt to defend any (as yet unstated) policies of Romney.
If they're unstated, how can they be attacked or defended?

he's outlined some policy and expressed opinions in this presidential campaign. work from what he's said in this campaign.

romeny would not want you to work from things he has said from previous campaigns or previous duties.
why is my neighborhood on fire
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote: I'm certainly open to changing my attitude
:lol: :meds:

You should have just typed that one sentence and saved the effort of every bit of horseshit that came before or after.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Jsc810 wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:You sure are one shitass lawyer -- read the Constitution sometime... which would apparently put you a step ahead of the SCOTUS.
I'm probably the only lawyer that you've encountered who has (1) actually defended the constitutionality of laws in federal and state courts, and (2) is a grader for the constitutional law bar exam.

But please, educate me on the nuances of constitutional law. :lol:
Lawyer self gloss... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your still a lawyer, and therefore you are lower than whale shit on the bottom of the ocean, and are a scum sucking leach on society with no redeeming value at all. Given your reasoning, I imagine that your defense of the Constitution was likely laughed out of the courtroom, like all your other cases, and if you are a grader for the constitutional law bar exam., then we are assured of another generation of morally bankrupt incompetent assholes running around as " lawyers". But go ahead and keep glossing yourself, it is mildly funny to read.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

PSUFAN wrote:
poptart wrote:This is perhaps the single most idiotic take I've ever read on any message board.
Right - because the boutique war your boys started in Iraq had no consequences for the nation's coffers...right? Maybe if you pray harder, it will be so.
Look at your idiotic take again.

PSU wrote:One is left to wonder why that approach was taken from 2000-2008. Since, every effort has been made to reverse the course.
What efforts has Barry made to reverse the course of bankruptcy our nation is on?

He's highly accelerated the course.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:I asked you once before so I'll ask it again....what is Romney going to do to address all of the issues you started this thread with.....
Foolix, isn't mvscal on record as saying he will not be voting for Romney?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:
Felix wrote:I asked you once before so I'll ask it again....what is Romney going to do to address all of the issues you started this thread with.....
Foolix, isn't mvscal on record as saying he will not be voting for Romney?
He's free to start a thread about Romney. This thread is about Bathhouse Barry and why certain people of low to room temperature IQ such as feelsdix voted for him and why they will vote for him again.

Of course I'm reasoning critically. I outlined a sample of things that he promised to deliver and the only thing on the list he actually delivered on were those necessarily skyrocketing energy costs. I'm not really sure why any sane individual would actually want to raise energy costs, but he did do a pretty good job of getting that done. Shoveling cash to his campaign bundlers err "investing in green energy" is also working quite well...for the people who raised large amounts of cash for him. Everyone else, meh, not so much.

I'm sure the direct correlation to actions he has taken to raise the cost of energy and the Energy Dept. billions he funneled to his campaign backers in failed green energy swindles are merely coincidental, right?

He has also done a fine job getting Border Patrol agents and hundreds of Mexican civilians killed by allowing drug cartels to freely purchase assault rifles from US gun dealers. Again, the question of why any sane person would want to do that remains unanswered.

Maybe feelsdix would care to take a stab at it.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

take a stab

I'll be glad to receive one, tyvm.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

How are the hatches ?
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

All clear here, Jess.
Thanks for your concern.

You see Anderson C cum out, right?
When will you follow suit?

Isn't it supposed to expand your Hollywood career horizons to do so?

Just say you're a faggot - even if it isn't so.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jtr wrote:How are the hatches ?
Dude, did you at least take a run at that Playmate you took to the "prom" in SE FL?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Right - because the boutique war your boys started in Iraq had no consequences for the nation's coffers...right?
No, not really. Maybe if you were better informed or even informed at all, you would have a better understanding of our financial picture.
Besides the $3 TRILLION or so of tax payer money completely pissed away in the sands of Iraq there's these costs as well... a total disaster, in short

While we know how many US soldiers have died in the wars (just over 6000), what is startling is what we don’t know about the levels of injury and illness in those who have returned from the wars. New disability claims continue to pour into the VA, with 550,000 just through last fall. Many deaths and injuries among US contractors have not been identified.
At least 138,000 civilians have died and more will die in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan as a result of the fighting at the hands of all parties to the conflict.
The armed conflict in Pakistan, which the U.S. helps the Pakistani military fight by funding, equipping and training them, has taken as many lives as the conflict in neighboring Afghanistan.
Putting together the conservative numbers of war dead, in uniform and out, brings the total to 236,000.
Indirect deaths from the wars, including those related to malnutrition, damaged health infrastructure, and environmental degradation, may far outnumber deaths from combat. While these deaths are difficult to count due to factors such as lack of comparable baseline mortality figures, a 2008 survey by The Geneva Declaration Secretariat estimates that assuming a ratio of four indirect deaths to one direct death in contemporary conflicts would not be unreasonable.
Millions of people have been displaced indefinitely and are living in grossly inadequate conditions. The current number of war refugees and displaced persons -- 7,800,000 -- is equivalent to all of the people of Connecticut and Kentucky fleeing their homes.
The wars have been accompanied by erosions in civil liberties at home and human rights violations abroad.
The human and economic costs of these wars will continue for decades, some costs not peaking until mid-century. Many of the wars’ costs are invisible to Americans, buried in a variety of budgets, and so have not been counted or assessed. For example, while most people think the Pentagon war appropriations are equivalent to the wars’ budgetary costs, the true numbers are twice that, and the full economic cost of the wars much larger yet. Conservatively estimated, the war bills already paid and obligated to be paid are $3.2 trillion in constant dollars. A more reasonable estimate puts the number at nearly $4 trillion.
As with former US wars, the costs of paying for veterans’ care into the future will be a sizable portion of the full costs of the war.
The ripple effects on the U.S. economy have also been significant, including job loss and interest rate increases, and those effects have been underappreciated.
While it was promised that the US invasions would bring democracy to both countries, Afghanistan and Iraq, both continue to rank low in global rankings of political freedom, with warlords continuing to hold power in Afghanistan with US support, and Iraqi communities more segregated today than before by gender and ethnicity as a result of the war.
Serious and compelling alternatives to war were scarcely considered in the aftermath of 9/11 or in the discussion about war against Iraq. Some of those alternatives are still available to the U.S.

But sure, Mall Cop, keep up your tedious robot act, it's surely convincing lots of people around you .... 8)
Before God was, I am
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

^^^^^^^

Nobody is going to read that shit so you should have just saved yourself the time in posting it. Idiot.
Derron
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Besides the $3 TRILLION or so of tax payer money completely pissed away in the sands of Iraq
We have not spent anywhere near that much in Iraq. Stop lying.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Gee, I wonder why the republitards aren't willing to answer whether Mittens raised taxes or not while he was governor.... :lol:
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Gee, I wonder why the republitards aren't willing to answer whether Mittens raised taxes or not while he was governor.... :lol:
About the same time that Obongo says he met all his campaign promises.
Derron
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Gee, I wonder why the republitards aren't willing to answer whether Mittens raised taxes or not while he was governor.... :lol:
This is not a thread on buggering young boys. You have no relevant input. If you are curious about Romney, start a thread about Romney.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

OK, I'll bite.

I don't know if taxes overall went up or down in Mass, while he was there. I do know this much. Mass is a very liberal state and the state legislature is completely run by the dems. How the fukk a rep got elected, never mind got much done there is amazing.

i know another thing. If Mitt's tenure as governor was the unmitigated failure, barry's presidency has been, he would have been laughed out of town and never heard from again.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

smackaholic wrote:
OK, I'll bite.

I don't know if taxes overall went up or down in Mass, while he was there. I do know this much. Mass is a very liberal state and the state legislature is completely run by the dems. How the fukk a rep got elected, never mind got much done there is amazing.

i know another thing. If Mitt's tenure as governor was the unmitigated failure, barry's presidency has been, he would have been laughed out of town and never heard from again.
That wasn't a bite.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

And this applies to the country how?

You're boy pledged not to raise taxes on the middle class.

He did.

The Obama tax cuts are due to sunset in January, and the health care TAX ('sup John Roberts) is the largest EVER levied upon the American people.

You sure you want to continue down this path?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Besides the $3 TRILLION or so of tax payer money completely pissed away in the sands of Iraq
We have not spent anywhere near that much in Iraq. Stop lying.
I back up my claims with detailed facts. You as usual have nothing but right wing radio talking points. Gee, why are we not surprised? That you so easily ignore the broad swath of collateral victims and abuse in our disastrous Iraq invasion is typical of mouth breathing lock-step Bibi supporters. How utterly disgusting.
Before God was, I am
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:I back up my claims with detailed facts.

No you don't. You suck your "facts" out of Rachel Maddow's dried-out dyke cunt.

You're bradhusker without the entertainment value.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

how is the obama tax the largest ever levied
why is my neighborhood on fire
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:the only thing on the list he actually delivered on were those necessarily skyrocketing energy costs.
sure thing....first, energy costs aren't "skyrocketing"....when coal is eliminated as a source of powering electric plants, that's when energy costs are going to skyrocket....

but coal is a nasty source of energy production and eliminating it's use in the US would be fine by me.....but don't worry, the coal companies will continue to sell their coal to China so they'll be fine....utility companies could position themselves to construct efficient burning coal plants, but the costs are apparently too prohibitive-you know, cuts into the plants bottom line....so, the people that rely on coal as their main source of energy are just going to have to suck it up....you want to reduce your energy costs, buy a high efficiency HVAC system, install insulated duct work, add insulation, and seal your house to reduce drafts and air escaping....I installed a high efficiency HVAC system about 2 years ago, added insulation and had my house weather sealed....based on my savings in electric and gas costs, I'll pay for the upgrades in about 6 years
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Don't forget to check the air in your tires.

Then go fuck yourself.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sirfindafold wrote:Don't forget to check the air in your tires.
I know it's hard to weather seal a mobile home, so you're just shit out of luck.....
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Felix wrote:uce your energy costs, buy a high efficiency HVAC system, install insulated duct work, add insulation, and seal your house to reduce drafts and air escaping....I installed a high efficiency HVAC system about 2 years ago, added insulation and had my house weather sealed....based on my savings in electric and gas costs, I'll pay for the upgrades in about 6 years
That's great, now I can offer up the offset to that. State law now mandates that there be at least 300K in solar generation capacity added to new public building projects.

The local school district built a new school and put up the required 300K solar array. it will return a cost savings of $ 250 ( two hundred fifty dollars) per month. It will take 100 years to recapture the capital cost, less any maintenance or other costs. Per their own admission. Well beyond the life of the building and array. Brilliant.

So for every "cost savings" you realize, there will be a government agency trying has hard as they can to fuck away any savings anybody comes up with. But it is not their money, so what the hell...
Derron
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Derron wrote: That's great, now I can offer up the offset to that. State law now mandates that there be at least 300K in solar generation capacity added to new public building projects.
you live in Oregon right? the only bill I could find that mandates investment in solar tech for public buildings was Oregon House Bill 2620, which requires 1.5% of the total costs of the project be spent on solar arrays....if they spent 300k, we're talking a project that exceeded 200 million in total construction costs.....unless there is some bill I'm unaware of....
The local school district built a new school and put up the required 300K solar array. it will return a cost savings of $ 250 ( two hundred fifty dollars) per month. It will take 100 years to recapture the capital cost, less any maintenance or other costs. Per their own admission. Well beyond the life of the building and array. Brilliant.

whats the name of this school and where is it located....I can get to the bottom of this pretty quickly.....
So for every "cost savings" you realize, there will be a government agency trying has hard as they can to fuck away any savings anybody comes up with. But it is not their money, so what the hell...
real estate is my business bud, and I can tell you that no state government is going to mandate putting 300k into a 4,000 sf public building, which would add a cost of $75/sf...it makes no economic sense....according to a costing service I utilize in my business, in a 14,000 sf building the costs would be about an additional $21/sf....expensive, but manageable....there is no way any government entity is going to require a specific amount of money be spent on a public project....so, provide me the info I requested (location and name) of this recently constructed school and we'll put your numbers to the test.....you can't toss out wild numbers like that and expect me to just accept them as fact do you?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:the only thing on the list he actually delivered on were those necessarily skyrocketing energy costs.
sure thing....first, energy costs aren't "skyrocketing"....
What fucking planet are you on?

Gas prices are up 93% since he took office. Ofailure called high gas prices a "crisis" in 2008. Now that they're even higher on his watch, he's calling it progress.

http://news.investors.com/article/60182 ... prices.htm

The cost of new electrical capacity will increase as much 800% for much of the country due to Ofuckup's War on Coal.
Last week PJM Interconnection, the company that operates the electric grid for 13 states (Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia) held its 2015 capacity auction. These are the first real, market prices that take Obama’s most recent anti-coal regulations into account, and they prove that he is keeping his 2008 campaign promise to make electricity prices “necessarily skyrocket.”

The market-clearing price for new 2015 capacity – almost all natural gas – was $136 per megawatt. That’s eight times higher than the price for 2012, which was just $16 per megawatt. In the mid-Atlantic area covering New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and DC the new price is $167 per megawatt. For the northern Ohio territory served by FirstEnergy, the price is a shocking $357 per megawatt.

Why the massive price increases? Andy Ott from PJM stated the obvious: “Capacity prices were higher than last year's because of retirements of existing coal-fired generation resulting largely from environmental regulations which go into effect in 2015.” Northern Ohio is suffering from more forced coal-plant retirements than the rest of the region, hence the even higher price.

These are not computer models or projections or estimates. These are the actual prices that electric distributors have agreed to pay for new capacity. The costs will be passed on to consumers at the retail level.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/ ... z1zgnqpQ3p
You remain a gibbering, totally uninformed and worse than useless waste of skin.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
What fucking planet are you on?

Gas prices are up 93% since he took office. Ofailure called high gas prices a "crisis" in 2008. Now that they're even higher on his watch, he's calling it progress.
and obama can control gas prices how? oil permits issued under his administration is comparable to his predecessors, and new wells started are higher than they were under Bush's watch during the same period......we don't have a nationalized oil company, so oil extracted from wells in the us goes on the open market to compete with OPEC.....
nice article, but of course it's complete and utter horseshit
gas prices have been declining, and in a few southern states the prices have gone below $3/gallon....but the president doesn't have any control over it, it's largely attributable to a decreased demand for oil in Europe

as far as electrical prices go, I've already acknowledged they're going to skyrocket for people who's main source of energy is coal fired electrical plants....too bad...but don't pretend you give a fuck about people being hit with higher prices, you've clearly demonstrated your utter contempt for the lower and middle classes in this country time and time again....

meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy the low prices that come from hydro generated electricity.....
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote: The cost of new electrical capacity will increase as much 800% for much of the country due to Ofuckup's War on Coal.
Last week PJM Interconnection, the company that operates the electric grid for 13 states (Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia) held its 2015 capacity auction. These are the first real, market prices that take Obama’s most recent anti-coal regulations into account, and they prove that he is keeping his 2008 campaign promise to make electricity prices “necessarily skyrocket.”

The market-clearing price for new 2015 capacity – almost all natural gas – was $136 per megawatt. That’s eight times higher than the price for 2012, which was just $16 per megawatt. In the mid-Atlantic area covering New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and DC the new price is $167 per megawatt. For the northern Ohio territory served by FirstEnergy, the price is a shocking $357 per megawatt.

Why the massive price increases? Andy Ott from PJM stated the obvious: “Capacity prices were higher than last year's because of retirements of existing coal-fired generation resulting largely from environmental regulations which go into effect in 2015.” Northern Ohio is suffering from more forced coal-plant retirements than the rest of the region, hence the even higher price.

These are not computer models or projections or estimates. These are the actual prices that electric distributors have agreed to pay for new capacity. The costs will be passed on to consumers at the retail level.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/ ... z1zgnqpQ3p
You remain a gibbering, totally uninformed and worse than useless waste of skin.

Care to attempt an explanation of how Obama's "war on coal" and the retiring of old coal plants is causing the price of new cleaner burning natural gas generation to skyrocket? Or is this just more of your typical conservative hang-wringing bullshit?

BTW, the cost of new capacity is the cost to build a new plant, and does not necessarily translate to an equivalent cost per kWh to the end user. A lot of these retirements would probably have taken place anyway due to the current abundance of natural gas, which right now is so cheap that producers are barely breaking even.

Based on your quoted numbers the 2015 cost of new capacity is $167/MW in the mid-Atlantic. What's the capacity of a typical large coal plant, about 1,000 MW? So replacing it will cost about $167,000? These guys should really check their numbers. If this is the actual cost, I'm ready to invest.

And why are they REALLY retiring old coal plants? Of course it's entirely because of Obama's WAR ON COAL!!!!. Right?

Well, maybe not as completely as your Fair and Balanced source implies.
Why Coal Plants Retire:
Power Market Fundamentals as of 2012

Analysis Group, Inc.
February 16, 2012*

Power companies in the U.S. have announced a growing number of retirements of coalfired
power plants over the past 12‐14 months. While not unexpected, recent
announcements have sparked debate over the causes of these business decisions, with
some pointing to regulations issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
(“EPA”) as the primary reason. Putting aside the political context of the current debate,
a closer examination of the facts reveals that the recent retirement announcements are
part of a longer‐term trend that has been affecting both existing coal plants and many
proposals to build new ones. The sharp decline in natural gas prices, the rising cost of
coal, and reduced demand for electricity are all contributing factors in the decisions to
retire some of the country’s oldest coal‐fired generating units. These trends started
well before EPA issued its new air pollution rules.

In general, the owner of a coal‐fired power plant (or of any generating facility, for that
matter) may decide to retire the plant when the revenues produced by selling power
and capacity are no longer covering the cost of its operations. While sometimes these
decisions are complex, they essentially can resemble the basic choices that households
face, for example, when they have to decide whether making one more repair on an old
car is worth it: often, making the repair is more expensive and risky than the decision
to trade in that car and buy a new one with better mileage and other features that the
old car lacks.

These plant‐retirement decisions thus turn on these economic fundamentals: can the
plant produce power at electricity prices that allow the owner to cover its operating
and investment costs, including the ability to earn a reasonable return from the
production and sale of electricity? It is these other considerations, beyond EPA’s clean
air rules, that have been influencing recent coal plant retirement decisions.

Today, the spot market (for natural gas) is trading at about $2.50/mmBtu. The result has been a
significant drop in wholesale power prices. Wholesale electricity prices have dropped
more than 50 percent on average since 2008, and about 10 percent during the fourth
quarter of 2011.
:doh:

(Edit: I guess that skyrocket is pointing the wrong way)

“Delivered coal prices to the electric power sector
have increased steadily over the last 10 years and this trend continued in
2011, with an average delivered coal price of $2.40 per MMBtu (5.8 percent increase from 2010).”
Coal futures prices have been rising too.
http://www.analysisgroup.com/uploadedFi ... Retire.pdf

For those of you with a short attention span, the answer is -- yes, it's your typical conservative hand-wringing bullshit.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:Promised that your energy costs would "necessarily skyrocket"?
Does our resident self-loathing mudperson have a link for this quote?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Moving Sale wrote:
mvscal wrote:Promised that your energy costs would "necessarily skyrocket"?
Does our resident self-loathing mudperson have a link for this quote?
you can see it on youtube....but the conservatives, as is tradition, take sound bites and present them as the absolute truth....if you listen to the entire answer, you'll come away with a different impression....
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

You might want to read mvskkkal's post and the transcript from the Obama interview again one more time for clarity.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote:For those of you with a short attention span, the answer is -- yes, it's your typical conservative hand-wringing bullshit.
Reduced demand for electricity?!? Yeah....right.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Needless to say, this new glut of natural gas is due to fracking which libtards such as yourself are also desperate to stop. Almost as desperate to stop that as you are to deny that the costs of regulation is killing the coal industry AS PROMISED. Looks like you fuckwits might get a twofer and give the rail industry a good kick in the balls, too.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecul ... companies/

Ooooops. Guess you're just full of shit...as usual. Not that you with your ridiculous solar system would know anything about it. But, hey, as long as you feel good about yourself...that's all that's really important for libtards.

Steve Miller, CEO and President of the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity, a group of coal-burning electricity producers, took a more dismal view, saying it "will make it impossible to build any new coal-fueled power plants and could cause the premature closure of many more coal-fueled power plants operating today."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... rules?lite
Your all to predictable response of hopping up and down and shouting, "COAL INDUSTRY SHILL!!!," in an attempt to deny reality with piss weak ad hominem attacks on the source can be broken off right now. Coal's enemies seem to agree.
The proposed emissions standards are for all new plants, including ones powered by abundant and cheap natural gas, but would hit hardest coal-fired facilities, which would face substantial — perhaps insurmountable — technological and financial obstacles in complying with the limits.

"What this essentially says is we will never be building dirty old coal plants ever again," said Michael Brune, executive director of the Sierra Club, one of the litigants in the lawsuit that led to development of the new rules. "The dominant power source of the 19th and 20th centuries won't be the same again."

The rules aren't final, and could be changed by a future Republican administration. Still, major business groups, especially those that benefit from cheap coal-fired power, were harshly critical.

"Requiring coal-based power plants to meet an emissions standard based on natural gas technology is a policy overtly calculated to destroy a significant portion of America's electricity supply," said Hal Quinn, chief executive of the National Mining Assn., whose members include coal companies. "This proposal is the latest convoy in EPA's regulatory train wreck that is rolling across America, crushing jobs and arresting our economic recovery at every stop."

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/27 ... s-20120328
That brings us back to a familiar question. Why would any sane individual be doing everything he can to destroy ANY industry with the current employment situation? Shouldn't the President be supporting any and all industries? Not just the unionized ones or the ones with no tangible product other than the profligate waste of tax payer dollars given to campaign contributors?

Oh, by the way, I took a look at Analysis Group, Inc.'s so called energy experts. They're all academics and lawyers. Not single one of them has any real world experience in the energy sector. No need to take my word for it.

http://www.analysisgroup.com/expertsear ... 9AH4s0oa4=
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Typical simplistic nonsense from the hack who insists there's no fresh water crisis (because it's "all in the same biosphere"). You are a joke--but not funny in the least. The employment situation could be jump started real quick with a massive WPA-styled program focused on renewable energy, for starters. You and the right-wing corporate contagion who provides your barking points seem in stolid denial of the foul nature of coal based industries. And of course you're in some weird Rove world of inversion when it comes to the extreme dangers of "fracking." You still haven't dared to actually dispute the $3 TRILLION (and climbing) cost of the fake Permanent War, let alone its disastrous results (unless you're a total Zionazi asshole....hmmm?). And you have to look in the mirror each day knowing you VOTED FOR PALIN. How utterly disgusting.
Before God was, I am
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The employment situation could be jump started real quick with a massive WPA-styled program focused on renewable energy, for starters.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Complete with thousands of "shovel ready jobs," too, I'll bet. Sorry, we've already seen this movie. Unfortunately for you, the only shovel ready jobs in this fucked up administration are the ones moving Ofailure's enormous piles of bullshit...oh yes, and the ones shoveling enormous piles of taxpayer cash to his campaign bundlers.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Steve Miller, CEO and President of the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity, a group of coal-burning electricity producers
Hal Quinn, chief executive of the National Mining Assn., whose members include coal companies
My bad. Of course these guys are going to give you a completely unbiased picture.

:meds:

Clean Coal?

:lol: x 1000

That term out front should tell you that the guys is nothing but a cheap hack for the coal industry. Clean coal? Doesn't exist now and prolly never will.

BTW...Where's your explanation of the new capacity costs you posted? If those are true we should be building new natural gas plants in open lot. I understand you'd like to just sort of ignore this but seriously, WTF were you thinking?

Yep, more handwringing conservative bullshit from our chief handwringing bullshitter.