Father's Day golf

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Father's Day golf

Post by BSmack »

Any of you dads out there teeing it up today? Got a 10:45 AM tee time with pops, pops in-law and one of pops in-law's golf playing friends. Going to play the semi-private course I grew up playing. By no means a candidate for Gold Digest Top 100, but I can't think of a better way to prep for this evening's US Open final round and the inevitable post round cookout than getting out there and knocking a few around.

What are you guys up to?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: Father's Day golf

Post by Felix »

I went out yesterday and absolutely stunk it up...
but, I played with Casey, kid on a golf scholarship for a small private college out here and Katy, a 14 year old girl that's preparing for a junior tournament...Casey will be carrying the bag for her and this girl was stunningly good....could hit a driver consistently about 240-250 and accurate as hell.....overall I'm guessing she probably shot about a 76...

her father came out and watched us play in on 18...after the round I walked over to him, shook his hand and told him he should be extremely proud of having such a great daughter-so polite and so polished on the course...

I didn't swear out loud once yesterday, even though it was one of my worst rounds in long time.....

I may try and get out again today, but it depends on what my son has planned.....
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Father's Day golf

Post by BSmack »

Golf report:

We got 9 holes in. I wanted to go 18, but was voted down by the hip and knee replacement majority of our foursome. Still I had a blast. As far as my game goes, I received a visit from Mr. Long. Apparently balls fly a whole lot further when you decide to involve BOTH hands in the swing. Now if I could get a visit from Mr Straight and Mr. Sinkaputt all would be good. But hey, it just felt good to go driver - knockdown 8 into the wind on a 400 yard par 4.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown