Headed to the U&L mid-July

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Headed to the U&L mid-July

Post by Go Coogs' »

In-laws bought a place in Anacortes, WA and a 48' Bayliner yacht to go with it. Their getting the house remodeled and don't anticipate it being complete when we fly up there in July. We're going to to stay on the boat for a few days and cruise through Friday Harbor on our way to Victoria, BC. Might go to a few other places as well, but not really sure where.

Mrs. Rumps and I are getting there a day early and plan on staying in downtown Seattle for the night. Any suggestions where to go? Pioneer Square? Anywhere else y'all can think of to check out? Also, I figure I'd drag my sticks up there and hit a nice course while I'm up there. What's a good place to play between Seattle and Anacortes?

What is there to do in Victoria?

Dins? Derron? Marty?
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Headed to the U&L mid-July

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Are you going to do your radio show when you get back?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Martyred wrote:Are you going to do your radio show when you get back?
Maybe. Gotta see if they worked the bugs out on Shoutcast and Windows 7. If not, then I may get a Macbook Pro. Its time to replace the ol' laptop anyways.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Elk Run Golf Course and Druids Glen are a couple of nice courses..there are a bunch more between Anacortes and Seattle.

Hit up Pike Place Market, The Jimi Hendrix Music Experience Project, and the Waterfront. Recommended eating is Ivar's- get the shrimp boil or just about anything on the menu is pretty good there, they have a killer breakfast buffet on Sundays....makes Joes Crab Shacks look like fast food.

See if the Mariners are in town, the stadium is about a 12 block walk from downtown..

Rack sailing the San Juans..we rented a cabin cruiser some years back and did that..
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Derron wrote:Elk Run Golf Course and Druids Glen are a couple of nice courses..there are a bunch more between Anacortes and Seattle.

Hit up Pike Place Market, The Jimi Hendrix Music Experience Project, and the Waterfront. Recommended eating is Ivar's- get the shrimp boil or just about anything on the menu is pretty good there, they have a killer breakfast buffet on Sundays....makes Joes Crab Shacks look like fast food.

See if the Mariners are in town, the stadium is about a 12 block walk from downtown..

Rack sailing the San Juans..we rented a cabin cruiser some years back and did that..
I can't speak to the golf courses, so I'd take Durron's word for it.

PPM is pretty enjoyable, even if it is a tourist trap. The Experience Music Project (aka The Wreck Of The Partridge Family Bus) is a rock 'n roll museum...not just about JH. And while I've never done it, I've heard the underground tour is pretty cool. Pioneer Square? Say hello to Atomic Panties for us.

Ivars has several locations, and the one that's along the waterfront on Elliot Bay is pretty much a to-go place. There's a sit-down place, but you'd have to look up where it's at (if I remember correctly I think it might be on Lake Union - which is very close if you've got a car). For dinner I'd highly recommend Chinook's At Salmon Bay. They're at Fisherman's Terminal where they have a great view anywhere in the place, and serve great food.

I used to fairly often go to Downriggers in Friday Harbor for breakfast, and they were great. I haven't been up there in a few years, and from what I can tell the menu that they show online is now different than when I was last there. So take that for what it's worth. They at least have a decent view as well:

Make sure you make it to the other side of the island to Roche Harbor...very nice!
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Other than maybe Paris, Victoria, B.C. is the most beautiful city I've ever seen. That place was just gorgeous. They also had the best New England-style clam chowder I've ever experienced. Christ, that shit was outstanding.

The only problem with Victoria is that it's not really a great town for a guy. By that I mean its main attractions mostly seem tailored to couples or women. It's a great place for a romantic getaway, or for your mom to enjoy countless amazing gardens. It's not exactly NASCAR Guy/SEC! SEC!/BTPCF dude-friendly. Besides the great food and some killer architecture, there's really not all that much for a guy to do in Victoria if he doesn't have a woman with him to nail in a picturesque alcove somewhere as a reward for being dragged around all day to a million different nicknack shops and flower stands.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Go Coogs' wrote:Also, I figure I'd drag my sticks up there and hit a nice course while I'm up there. What's a good place to play between Seattle and Anacortes?
if you're willing to go a little further south of seattle and don't mind shelling out some dough....

http://www.chambersbaygolf.com/chambers ... &page=7996

I played it two years ago and never had so much fun getting my ass kicked by a course...an awesome layout....can't wait to get back
get out, get out while there's still time
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Felix wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote:Also, I figure I'd drag my sticks up there and hit a nice course while I'm up there. What's a good place to play between Seattle and Anacortes?
if you're willing to go a little further south of seattle and don't mind shelling out some dough....

http://www.chambersbaygolf.com/chambers ... &page=7996

I played it two years ago and never had so much fun getting my ass kicked by a course...an awesome layout....can't wait to get back
That looks like a great course..links style on Puget Sand..looks like it could kick your ass, but probably fun to play..
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

The wife and I went to Cafe Bengodi at 700 1st ave and had a good meal a couple years back. Its small and a dump but the food was good and that gave it atmosphere for us non-city types.

You can also go a few blocks south and east I think of there and ride to the top of what used to be the tallest building in Seattle ( I think its 7 floors). It was built in the early 1900s ...cant remember the name but it will be in your hotels tourist guide. Small museum at top.

Rock Bottom Brewery is a popular spot...i wanna say its somewhere off of 3rd.

You can travel south and west out of town toward Enumclaw for some awe inspiring views of Mount Ranier. Its quite spectacular.

We always stay at the Rennaisance on Madison and 5th I think. Nice view of the bay with a complimentary breakfast at the restauraunt at the top of the building. Crowne Plaza is good also, as is the Pacific Plaza, though older.

The Mariners game is a great option. Of course, get the garlic fries.

Theres some good pastry/coffee places at Pike Street Market.

Boeing museum.

Thats all I can think of.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Going to a few pubs tonight. What local beers can I try are good?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

First beer is Mac & Jack's African Amber from Redmond, Wa. Pretty good...more of a solid color than Shiner Bock.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I'm guessing that Olympia, Rainier, and Lucky Lager are out of the equation.
If you go MAC--get dJay with Nicecast. Ask Smackie Chan for details.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Thanks for the labels, wolfie.

Right now I am Maritime Pacific's Flagship Red Alt Ale
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

With it's proximity to Beervana (OK, it's about 170 miles), you'ed think the Greater Seattle Area would churn out some decent brew...

but that's not the case. Whole buncha crap running around there. Grant's used to be fairly available up there (they were from Yakima), but they sold out and went to shit.

I suppose to a swill-drinking neophyte, they're probably doing alright for you. But I'd recommend sticking to the Oregon labels -- Deschutes, Bridgeport (the Kings), Ninkasi should be easy to find.

Avoid anything made by Elysian at all costs... just nasty shit. Same with Widmer... and Rogue.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wolfman wrote:I'm guessing that Olympia, Rainier, and Lucky Lager are out of the equation.

Olympia is no longer in Tumwater, Rainier is no longer in Seattle, and Lucky is no longer in Vantucky.

Neat, eh?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Yeah, do Pikes....your olfactory senses will thank you. Not too far away they have a Sci Fi museum that's worth a look. Too bad the Rainier brewery isn't still there....the tap room after the tour was / is still the best brew I've ever tasted. Bought a case of the stuff at the market the next day and it tasted like crap...go figure....

If you have some extra time head up to Mukiteo and take the ferry to Whidbey Island. Nice track there called Useless Bay and you can peek around the Island a bit.

One of my favorite watering holes was south of Seattle in Federal Way off Military Rd...called Star Lake Inn. A tavern that overlooks the lake with floor to ceiling window, decent juke, pool tables, shuffle board, and they serve hard stuff also.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Diego in Sandusky wrote:
I can't speak to the golf courses, so I'd take Durron's word for it. And while I've never done it, I've heard the underground tour is pretty cool. Pioneer Square?

Say hello to Atomic Panties for us.!
Okay, you have nothing to add to a legit question from Mr. Rumps, and yet the locals are helping him with suggestions. Yet you manage to include me in your reply...

Did I say something mean to you lately? What's your issues you sandal wearing, fruitcup, freak that is a social outcast?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

It looks like RuPunk is almost as confused about my location as he is his sexuality.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

The real reason. Rumps is going shopping for a bed.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/or ... 30086.html
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown