Hacking iPod touches to increase volume

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Hacking iPod touches to increase volume

Post by Screw_Michigan »

One huge drawback of iPod touches (and prolly phones) is that Nanny Stater Steve Jobs rigged the players so that you can only turn up the volume so loud. I can only listen to albums on my iPod touch and not professionally recorded bootlegs because the volume limiter is rigged to say low.

From what I've read, the only option is to jailbreak the pod/phone to jackup the volume. Anyone done this before? Is this a good idea?

I have not restored to a previous date. Nor did I check the fluids.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Hacking iPod touches to increase volume

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

1. Sell your iPlod on Craigslist.

2. Thank me later.

P.S. ~ When Dins sees this thread, he will drop the fucking hammer on you, bro. Don't say I didn't warn you.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

A music player that doesn't use MP3, has a proprietary format (that seems to land them in court every so often), made from vastly inferior hardware, and costs tenfold what an equivalent MP3 player does?

What a genius electronics consumer you are.

I wouldn't worry about it, Screwed -- the batter on the Ipod Touch is going to brick so fast, any mods you make will be short lived anyway (I know a few dorks with Touches... none of whom paid a dime for them... and every last one of them has a junked battery... ALL of them).

Marty, you read me like a dime store novel. And your advice is quite sound -- sell it to some other fool who's looking to be parted from their money while it's still in the fleeting stages of its working life. Those things truly are crap...

Just like everything else that shit company sells to idiots. If it weren't for seriously stupid people, that company would have gone under a long time ago (pretty much as soon as they got away from the Motorola processors and started buying outdated Intels... and Intel still won't sell them anywhere near the top of the line stuff).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Dinsdale wrote: If it weren't for seriously stupid people, that company would have gone under a long time ago
Are you calling most Architects stupid?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jiminphilly wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: If it weren't for seriously stupid people, that company would have gone under a long time ago
Are you calling most Architects stupid?

If they're buying something that says Apple on it, then yes.

You can install OSX on a PC... why buy an inferior chunk of hardware for 3 times the money? "Stupid" is the only expaination.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jsc810 wrote:Dins, what tablet would you buy?
Probably a large handful of these:

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jsc810 wrote:Dins, what tablet would you buy?

Since I have no interest in a tablet, and don't currently work in computers/IT in any capacity, I'm not much up on what's cool.

So I'll go with... "one that doesn't say Apple on it."
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Some things never change, Dins. Steering away from Apple will never be wrong.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

The Nexus 7 will be a great buy at $200 or $250 for a 7" tablet with plenty of power. If you aren't a power user and just need a tablet to do things at home, read ebooks, check email, play some games on something bigger than the 4" phone, at $200 this device is almost impossible to beat. At 7", its also an awesome device to carry with you where ever you go. Its Wifi only but you can cache google maps with it and use it as a gps in the car, carry your grocery/shopping list with you. Lots of stores now offer wifi in part or all of the store so even a wifi only device can be fairly useful. Plus if you have a data phone, new data plans often allow you to use your phone as an access point for any other device.

For a 10" tablet, I think the ASUS Transformer is still one of the best tablets hands down because of the Keyboard dock that you can get and use it as a Netbook.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I have enjoyed my Nexus 7, and I plan to also get a Nexus 10. I haven't used an external keyboard, but if I did need one, I am sure Bluetoof would be the way to go.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.