toughest 2012 schedules

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: toughest 2012 schedules

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

The methodology is a bit flawed, as it relies solely on opponents' winning % from last year, without taking into account said opponents' SOS. Thus, aTm benefits from having Sam Houston State on their schedule.

ND's schedule next year is reminiscent of the way ND scheduled in the 80's, with Oklahoma and Miami joining Michigan and USC on the schedule. Admittedly, Miami is not where they have been in the past, but then again, a few other opponents on ND's schedule, such as Sparty and Stanford, have been better in recent years than they traditionally are.

I didn't know South Alabama was moving up to 1-A this year, btw.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

When did ATM pick up La Tech? They had two D1-AA schools on the schedule for some time?

Also looks like they got the SEC memo on not traveling outside of the region for non-conf games. @ LA Tech, @ SMU, vs Sam Houston State.

I joked with the Aggies Travel Secretary about busing to those games and he said "no we will bus those two games." My reactions :oops: , :shock: , :shock: , :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

As I understand it, NCAA regs allow bus travel within 400 road miles, so aTm can bus to games @ La Tech and @ SMU.

To be fair to aTm, LSU will be the only SEC opponent they can travel to by bus, and they're within the 400-mile radius without a ton of room to spare.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

The keyword there is CAN.

Texas and OU both fly to Dallas despite it being less than 200 miles. Hell even Rice flew to La Tech back in the day.

I didn't know ATM was moving up to the bigger paydays of the SEC only to reduce their travel style.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Left Seater wrote:The keyword there is CAN.

Texas and OU both fly to Dallas despite it being less than 200 miles. .
with gas at 4.00 a gallon, for an individual you can almost fly to Dallas from OKC cheaper than drive. now, getting in and out of DFW and getting to where you are trying to go in the metroplex....it's almost faster to drive. (from Norman, adding the 25 minutes to the OKC airport going north--Dallas being south).

i had a buddy who played D-III football and they'd bus from Colorado to Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Cali even the day before a game, play, return in a 3 day period. liberal arts college conference type stuff...and they had to be doing the work since they were students first, football was just a hoot (as my grammaw would say). doubt you get a peak performance sitting on a bus (or van) for 13 hours and playing a game a few hours later...

does seem kinda stingy given ATM's grand self-vision as a playa.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Papa Willie wrote:But I thought the SEC schedules were so weak. Half of those teams are (gasp) SEC teams.

SO WHO IN THE SEC IS PAYING OFF MR. STEELE, GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!?
Terry in Crapchester wrote:The methodology is a bit flawed, as it relies solely on opponents' winning % from last year, without taking into account said opponents' SOS. Thus, aTm benefits from having Sam Houston State on their schedule.
And before you accuse me of having an axe to grind against Steele, keep in mind that my team ranked #4 on his list. And fwiw, only one of the top six on the list is an SEC team. And that one is the new kid on the block, so I suppose it's possible to argue that they didn't get the memo yet. :hfal:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Terry, CHECK YOUR DAMN PM BOX!

Sheeeash!

:mrgreen:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote:But I thought the SEC schedules were so weak. Half of those teams are (gasp) SEC teams.

SO WHO IN THE SEC IS PAYING OFF MR. STEELE, GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!?
Of course some redundantly obese inbred who couldn't hack community college would treat this list as validation of SEC vaginal OOC scheduling. aTm, numero uno on that list, boasts LaTech, S. Carolina St., SMU, and Sam Houston State as non-conference opponents. Michigan, low 20s, plays Bama, Air Force, UMass, and Notre Dame. Ole Miss' SOS looks good because their opponents get to add 10 wins to their cumulative record thanks to the free wins they got by playing...Ole Miss.

Eat a vegetable, you fat lonely pud.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

the amount of gay scat in your responses is directly proportional to how correct i am. seems i knocked this one out of the park.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

kind of hard to respond to someone who control-cuda's his own worthless takes.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

seems like i'm back in your dome again. either that or you bought a dozen donuts and are angry at the world for having had to share one.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

she ran a search query and was mystified at how many times you've typed cock, anal, kid, ass fucking, etc. mentioned something about psychosis, that there's only so many times a person can mention kiddie fucking in jest before the authorities will show up with a search warrant. your wife, on the other hand, is fucking an entirely different dude.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i'm not from the south, so no.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

el capitán... is making a mess of "tubby"... archive.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

What a mess...
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote: Incorrect. You're not happy until her eyes look like the gooks around you, are you?
most of aren't into the wild-eyed obese meth pigs you have running around down there. plus, budget aerosol hairspray isn't perfume so stop pretending it is.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

me? plenty of sleep. i have a seven-minute commute, on foot. can you even walk anymore, or are the varicose veins too painful?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

I have been critical of Mizzous schedule for years, but i don't think this is in no way a patsy:

Div1aa cream puff
Georgia
Arizona st
@ South Carolina
@ UCF
Vandy
Bama
Kentucky
@Fla
@ Tenn
Syracuse
@ aTm

Honestly, i think it's a solid schedule, @ UCF is no picnic, and their Conference away games are all tough.