Too Soon? I think not

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Too Soon? I think not

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Pretty good summary, although I want both Rorys to duff every shot.
I get the hate directed towards Sabbatini. But why McIlroy? I've yet to hear or read of anything doucheworthy from him.
But when I watch golf, I want to see guys hit shots that I can't. I can hit mediocre shots all day long. And in my adult life, no one has hit even the fraction of miracle-shots that Tiger has... not even close. Sure, Jack was still active when I was young (but not the Jack of legend), Seve and Sir Nicky were amazing, and Jose Marie was no slouch.

But none of them are Tiger. The one guy who they truly can't hide a pin from.
My favorite Tiger shot ever was the eagle at #14 at Hoylake in the 2nd round of the 2006 Open. I had just woke up, turned on the bedroom TV and cleared my eyes when Tiger stepped to the ball, stuck one of the best iron shots ever played and rolled the ball in the hole. Just like that I knew the tournament was over.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jsc810 wrote:And I know more about sports psychology than perhaps anyone on these forums. Right after the Tiger scandal broke, I said his days of being The Man were over.

I was right then and remain right today.

You
BSmack wrote:Winner - Earl's Kid
were wrong.

Carry on though.
I would love to hear about your knowledge of sports psychology. Seriously.

I agree that golf is more interesting when Tiger is in contention. I would like nothing better than to see Tiger near the top of the leaderboard on Sunday of every major for the next 15 years, as long as he blows it on 17 or 18.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

I've never seen anybody hit the kinds of shots Watson hits.....snap hooks, draws, fades, straight, slice, banana slice, spin left off a draw, spin right off a fade-the damndest thing I've ever seen....probably the most imaginative golfers I can remember-and that's including Ballesteros...
Goober McTuber wrote:

I would love to hear about your knowledge of sports psychology. Seriously.
every time I ask an El Tigre hater why, they always go to the "he cheated on his wife with a boatload of skanks" card, but nobody has ever been able to tell me how that impacts them personally....his hatred spawns from woods wandering eye and the fact that woods couldn't meet chips expectations of personal conduct...
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:
I get the hate directed towards Sabbatini. But why McIlroy? I've yet to hear or read of anything doucheworthy from him.

You mean Figjam Jr.?

That guy has never seen a microphone that he doesn't want to use to tell us how great he is.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BTW -- played 9 yesterday.

You know how we all say "man if I just had **insert aspect of game, driving/irons/chips/putting** going, I would have gone low"?

You know, when you're driving well, you can't make putt, when your putter is on fire, it takes 4 shots to hit the green, that whole deal?

Not me, baby -- I sucked at every aspect of the game. Hooked the driver, had some hook to the irons, wedges went dead-straight where I aimed them -- with no distance control whatsoever... and once I got on the greens and pulled the flat iron, that's when it really got funny.

I did lawn-dart a wedge from 115 on the last hole... and missed the 3 footer (although the greens were like the surface of the moon on the hacker course we played).

Early in the year, but that shit needs to get fixed soon-like. Didn't suck that badly in my earlier attempts this year.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Unfortunately, I missed the last round on the tube. Was just talking with a guy at work about it.

Did Bubba really do what he said?

What sort of aerodynamic laws does his ball follow.

NOBODY should be able to hook a 155 yard wedge, 40 yards, on purpose, or by accident. I don't know that I could hook a 5 iron that much.

Driver?

Sure, just not at will.

Rack that fukker.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Unfortunately, I missed the last round on the tube. Was just talking with a guy at work about it.

NOBODY should be able to hook a 155 yard wedge, 40 yards, on purpose, or by accident. I don't know that I could hook a 5 iron that much.
Any idiot can hook a wedge. Blasting it 155 and landing it 15 feet from the hole is a whole other matter. Doing it at Augusta with The Masters on the line?

Legend.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Unfortunately, I missed the last round on the tube. Was just talking with a guy at work about it.

Any idiot can hook a wedge. Blasting it 155 and landing it 15 feet from the hole is a whole other matter. Doing it at Augusta with The Masters on the line?

Legend.
Any idiot can hit a draw with a wedge. You play it a little far back, turn the club over a bit and pretty much turn it into a 8 or 9 iron. Budda hooked the fukk out of it and he hit it at wedge trajectory, 7 iron (mortal) distance. That is fukking insane!

The authorities should confiscate that ball, tear it apart to see if it has some sort of illegal guidance system, because you simply can't fukking do that with a golf ball!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

As for Tiger, I am not quite a hayta, but, if he keeps on ghettoing it up on the course, I will be.

I was a big fan of his when he showed up. A young skinny balck kid, showing a bunch of old fat white dudes how to play their game.

But, over the last 5 years or so, he has been an arrogant classless punk. I could give two fukks about his marital escapades. I do give a fukk about him acting like a spoiled 13 year old on the course. Too fukking bad pops can't rise up out of the grave and slap the fukk outta him. I think he would if he saw his boy acting a fool out there.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Tiger isn't black-BTW.

"Asian" is the ethnic group you were looking for.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

OK, young skinny gook.

Is that better?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And yeah, I can put a pretty deece draw on the PW, but doing it accurately is a whole nother story.

With good conditions, I can really stomp it, and get 150 from said wedge.

Stomping out 150, while controlling a big draw... I guess that's why they don't pay me a buhzillion dollars to play golf... in fact, they have the nerve to charge me.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Any idiot can hit a draw with a wedge. You play it a little far back, turn the club over a bit and pretty much turn it into a 8 or 9 iron. Budda hooked the fukk out of it and he hit it at wedge trajectory, 7 iron (mortal) distance. That is fukking insane!

The authorities should confiscate that ball, tear it apart to see if it has some sort of illegal guidance system, because you simply can't fukking do that with a golf ball!
Like I said...

Legend

Pure and simple.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:And yeah, I can put a pretty deece draw on the PW, but doing it accurately is a whole nother story.

With good conditions, I can really stomp it, and get 150 from said wedge.

Stomping out 150, while controlling a big draw... I guess that's why they don't pay me a buhzillion dollars to play golf... in fact, they have the nerve to charge me.
Yeah, same here. Having to actual pay to do it is still fun. Can't fukking imagine what it's like to get paid... a lot, plus have companies jam more cash up your ass to use their stuff.

My normal wedge is 130-135. Guess I could hit one a buck fity, if I played it back a little and came out of my fukking shoes swinging at it. A big pollack from new britain high that i played against a few years could hit his wedge 150 all day long. But 40 yards worth of "draw"? Sorry, but 5 yards with a wedge is draw. 40 is a fukking duck hook! i have never seen anything like that before, on purpose or otherwise.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:And yeah, I can put a pretty deece draw on the PW, but doing it accurately is a whole nother story.
I've got every shot in my bag.....high fade, hard draw and everything in between.....my problem is I don't always know when they're going to show up....
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:
I've got every shot in my bag.....high fade, hard draw and everything in between.....my problem is I don't always know when they're going to show up....
same here. i think my neuron address file is messed up or something. it's more or less stuck on fade/slice with my driver. other clubs are like a fukkin' box of chocolates.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:same here. i think my neuron address file is messed up or something. it's more or less stuck on fade/slice with my driver. other clubs are like a fukkin' box of chocolates.
You too? I've got the cure for that. You'll find it about 6 inches below the grass at your driving range.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote: i think my neuron address file is messed up or something.
one of my big problems is I'll get to the top of the backswing in perfect position

then right before I start down, something in my head inevitably says "be sure not to go (right or left depending on the hole shape) at which time I over correct and either snap hook it, or hit a overheated fade....
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:
smackaholic wrote: i think my neuron address file is messed up or something.
one of my big problems is I'll get to the top of the backswing in perfect position

then right before I start down, something in my head inevitably says "be sure not to go (right or left depending on the hole shape) at which time I over correct and either snap hook it, or hit a overheated fade....
I have a different problem.

It's called not being independently wealthy.

If I could just go play golf every day rather than go to work, I'm fairly sure I could iron out the kinks. Since being married 21+ years ago, I've prolly played an average of a round a year. Went 5-6 year stretches without swinging a club. On a good year, maybe 5 rounds.

Hope to do a little better this year. Also plan on hitting a large open space owned by the town with the shag bag a few nights a week after work.

Played friday with a buddy from work. It was scary. The front nine was the worst I have played since my first year playing golf (1978). Shot a 62. :oops: Yup, sixty fukkin dos. I usually look to get under 50, even after a few years off. Part was shit luck, hitting every tree in sight. Part was simply not being able to hit a good damn 7 iron, which, usually is automatic, even when rusty. Shot 46 on the back. Nothing to write home about, but almost 2 strokes a hole better than the front. Midway through the front was the closest I ever came to just walking off the fukking course! I think completely not giving a fukk helped the swing quite a bit on the back.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:I think completely not giving a fukk helped the swing quite a bit on the back.
It usually does.
Bagger Vance wrote:Put your eyes on Bobby Jones... Look at his practice swing, almost like he's searchin for something... Then he finds it... Watch how he settle hisself right into the middle of it, feel that focus... He got a lot of shots he could choose from... Duffs and tops and skulls, there's only ONE shot that's in perfect harmony with the feild... One shot that's his, authentic shot, and that shot is gonna choose him... There's a perfect shot out there tryin' to find each and every one of us... All we got to do is get ourselves out of its way, to let it choose us... Can't see that flag as some dragon you got to slay... You got to look with soft eyes... See the place where the tides and the seasons and the turnin' of the Earth, all come together... where everything that is, becomes one... You got to seek that place with your soul Junuh... Seek it with your hands don't think about it... Feel it... Your hands is wiser than your head ever gonna be... Now I can't take you there Junuh... Just hopes I can help you find a way... Just you... that ball... that flag... and all you are...

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown