Why don't we talk about good health for a change?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Why don't we talk about good health for a change?

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

smackaholic wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Everybody seems to think they know the "right" way to lose weight, and it's usually way more complicated than just eating fewer calories than you burn.
No, it's not. It really is that simple.

Not saying it's easy, or that there are not countless ways to get there, but, it is a simple matter of burning more than you consume.
True.

The best diet solution is a simple arm exercise.

Try pushing away from the table.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

smackaholic wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Everybody seems to think they know the "right" way to lose weight, and it's usually way more complicated than just eating fewer calories than you burn.
No, it's not. It really is that simple.

Not saying it's easy, or that there are not countless ways to get there, but, it is a simple matter of burning more than you consume.
I know, but we seem to be in the minority. Just Google the phrase "a calorie is a calorie" and the overwhelming majority of the resulting links will try to convince you otherwise.

I guess it makes sense, though. If enough people realized that weight loss boils down to simple grade school math, the multimillion-dollar Organized Dieting Industry would lose all their marks, err, customers...
"Keys, woman!"
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

missjo wrote:I do 3 private 45 min clinical Pilates + powerplate then head to the gym to do 20 min of cardio on the Bike or Eliptical.
So. You stretch (Pilates :meds: ) for 45 minutes, then do 20 minutes of cardio? You should think about reversing that. In fact. How about you put down the Bon-Bons and do 60 minutes of cardio and fuck stretching altogether?

You're welcome.
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
missjo wrote:I do 3 private 45 min clinical Pilates + powerplate then head to the gym to do 20 min of cardio on the Bike or Eliptical.
So. You stretch (Pilates :meds: ) for 45 minutes, then do 20 minutes of cardio? You should think about reversing that. In fact. How about you put down the Bon-Bons and do 60 minutes of cardio and fuck stretching altogether?

You're welcome.
Clinical Pilates you Numbnut, is one of the most physically demanding things I've done & I used to be a rower, soccer player & Gymnast as a teenager.
It's mostly apparatus based, try doing squats on a powerplate set on high vibration were you have to stay in the zone where your muscles aren't allowed to rest & we'll see how you do, it also uses the reformer, Horse, chair of doom as I like to call it & the Cadillac which look a little like something you would see in a hard core sex dungeon, doing sit ups & pull ups while suspended in weird positions is not "easy stretching fun" & my instructor is a sadist, there are times where I go to sit down after a class where I scream because my glutes have been worked so hard that it's agony to sit down, instead of using free weights clinical pilates uses a spring based resistance system which as given me really firm muscles that don't bulge like a body builders & I've gone from not being able to do one pushup to 60 in a row followed buy holding in plank position till my instructor thinks I'm about to faceplant.

This is the chair of doom one of my latest achievements was to be able to do the "elephant" insert fat joke here
whereby my hands are placed on the top of the box then I basically pull myself up into a handstand position using my ab muscles to pull my legs up in a forward motion so I'm in a forward handstand arch over the box
it takes both strength & balance I'd love to see you attempt it .

Clinical Pilates is brilliant for strength & tone but for cardiovascular fitness I had to add cardio at the gym as well once my initial weightloss plateaued & I needed to kick it up a notch
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

So, if I'm reading this correctly, now we have missjo of all people challenging ucant to a contest of fitness.

Somewhere, KC Scott just became erect.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I will chip a few bucks in to fly ucunt out to LA to do battle with missjo in some sort of depraved contest like they have on zipperhead TV all the time.

Any suggestions on events?

How 'bout the mikey throw.

I'd be impressed if missjo could get him off the ground. ucunt could prolly chuck him a body length or two. Maybe to properly handicap it, ucunt could throw mikey and missjo, TiVO. That sounds fair enough.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

jiminphilly wrote:Running my first 5k of the year (and frankly ever) on Saturday. Been running well the past few weeks (including Lady Bird trail in Austin while I was traveling there for business) and got my average mile pace down to about 7:40, though I did a 6:40 mile on Monday when I ran 3.2 miles. Today I went out much slower and had a 7:50 pace for about 2.5 miles. Saturday should be fun.

Rack the Nike GPS app.

My splits from Saturday:
7:55
7:42
8:02

Some friends suggested that I hang towards the middle and back of the crowd to avoid going out too fast on my first mile and in retrospect I should not have listened. I spent a lot of energy weaving in and out of slower runners including parents with strollers for the first 3/4 mile. Once the crowd thinned out after the first mile I was able to get into a decent pace before running into a strong headwind for the last mile. Overall I was fairly happy with my 1st race and now that I know what to expect I know I can get under 24 minutes next time.

The winning time was something like 15:40.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

missjo wrote: given me really firm muscles that don't bulge like a body builders
:doh:

Your muscles don't bulge out because you are doing pilates. They don't bulge out because you produce estrogen instead of testosterone.

I'm glad sex dungeon pilates or whatever you do works for you, but you can sculpt the same body you have with weights. Whatever works best for you.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I've had an elliptical for about 10 years and whether it burns as many calories as running is irrelevant because my knees and back won't take the pounding of running. Exercise in any form is better than doing nothing.

As for a bike, I bought a Trek comfort bike last year and it's the most comfortable biking experience I've found.....and cost $300. My problem is not riding it enough.

Aging forces you to make adjustments in how you do things. I don't routinely lift anything over 50-60 pounds due to a bad back and doing things I did at age 40-50 come with consequences. Three hundred yard drives have been replaced by 240-250 yard drives, and what used to be a 7 or 8 iron shot is now a 5 iron. Keeping the ball in the middle of the fairway and a good short game allows me to still score, but I'll never be a sub 1 handicapper again. And it sucks when you finally come to that realization. If you youngsters are lucky enough to live as long as I have, you'll find all of this out for yourselves.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

A bad back would prolly be the best thing that could happen to my golf game. 220 down the middle beats 275 in the next fairway, any day. When I was going to school over the summer in the Navy about 27 years ago, I was playing the best golf of my life. Not great golf, but, I would look to break 80. Anyhoo, one of my regular playing partners was a retired senior chief with a jacked up back. Dude had no body turn at all. Didn't matter. He was 200 yards down the middle everytime and his short game was absolutely deadly. He beat me like a rented mule...everytime.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Been a few years, but my buddy's dad used to play with us on an occasion. He's 82 now, and shooting his age is still on the table. We play the fronts (men's, obviously), hits his driver about 200 up the middle, picks it off the deck with his driver for 180 more, and gets up and down all day.

Fucker.

Same old fucker had quadruple bypass couplefew years ago. They sent him home from the hospital surprisingly early, just a couplefew days. Within a couple of days of that, Lou decided his wife was going to drive him nuts, so when she went to the store, he got his buddy to come grab him and his clubs.

Shot an 80... and his wife was PISSED.

I missed out on the day Lou brough his buddy along, who was 67. Old Irish fucker shot... 67 (par 72).

Jump on your bike, Mace, as it will often get you back into alignment... or kill you, one or the other.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Dinsdale wrote:Jump on your bike, Mace, as it will often get you back into alignment... or kill you, one or the other.
I plan to do a lot of that this summer....along with playing as much golf as my back can stand.

The first club championship I ever won was back in '79 and my bad back made me cut down my backswing so much that I had a nice compact swing. Being the dumbass that I am, I went back to making a big backswing well past parallel as soon as my back felt better. Just had to hit those big drives. :roll: Now I have no choice but to cut down my swing and hit fairways. Wish I'd been smart enough to learn that lesson back in the day.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm almost down to parallel these days... but I swing just as hard.

Funny how the older you get, the less you can make power, but the more you learn how it's made.

If I knew as much about of basketball when I was 16 as now, I'd be going into the HoF about now.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I used to chuckle at the old farts on the course who'd be happy with 200 yard drives down the middle. One in particular was an old guy who carried a complete set of woods...no irons...no wedges....and who consistently broke 80 and kicked my young ass. I'd hit my big drives into the timber and find every greenside bunker on the course while he was waiting to make a 5 foot putt for par.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Dinsdale wrote:If I knew as much about of basketball when I was 16 as now, I'd be going into the HoF about now.
Again, it's not even a contest, and it's not even up for debate to those who passed some sort of grade school math (or science, English) class.

:mrgreen:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

KC Scott wrote:I got it for $1,200 off of Craig's list - It is an X9i - probably 10 yrs. old now

From using different brands at hotels, I liked the Life Fitness over the precor

Took probably 3 months before I found this one at a price I wanted to spend (talked the owner down from $1,500)
Just scored the same one from the salvation army store.

60 bucks plus tax.

rack the OL for her ability to find felonious deals at that place!

and rack the mongs working there for having absolutely no clue what they have. bet i could put it on CL and have it gone by the end of the day for 600. could prolly get a grand before the end of the weekend. but, it's going into the den instead.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I just bought a 1986 Grand National in great condition from the Salvation Army for $20. RACK ME!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I just gave away a bunch of old furniture to the VVA. You guys should go check it out.

The 27 year old cherry wood bedroom wall with pier cabinets, mirrored headboard and lighted bridge would prolly look great in smackaholic's crib.
(it might work well in KC Scott's smoker too)
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Mikey wrote: (it might work well in KC Scott's smoker too)
Gonna need a bigger woodchipper.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:I just gave away a bunch of old furniture to the VVA. You guys should go check it out.

The 27 year old cherry wood bedroom wall with pier cabinets, mirrored headboard and lighted bridge would prolly look great in smackaholic's crib.
(it might work well in KC Scott's smoker too)
Mirrored headboard? Sweet!

Prolly the only way you've been able to see your junk for the last 27 years.

Prolly gonna wanna take a belt sander before it goes in the smoker though, scott. stain/polyurethane is probably not a good seasoning.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote: Image

I realize that .jpg is even labeled "Grand National," but that isn't one.

That's an 86 T-Type (same body, same engine, different trim package).
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mtool's been using heat treatment on his prostate for years. But, rather than ultrasound, he does it boyscout style, vigorously rub a stick up against it, till it bursts into flames.