Mizzou

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Mizzou

Post by Truman »

I have been a Mizzou basketball fan ever since Willie Smith lit up Michigan for 43 points in a losing effort in the Elite Eight back in ’76. I was 14 years old.

And I have been privileged to see and experience many great Mizzou efforts since…

Stipo and Sunny; Band-Aid Man and Big Doug; Anthony Peeler and his 43 point effort at Kansas (another losing effort); Mizzou’s 14-0 conference run back in ’92; the hatred KU fans had for Jason Sutherland; Lee Coward’s dagger at the buzzer; Corey Tate’s dagger at the buzzer; eight Big 8 regular season championships; six post-season Big 8 championships; DeMarre Carroll and Leo Lyons and our first Big XII post-season championship in their Elite Eight run back in ’09…

...And there are a hundred other moments I am easily missing.

But I’m not sure that any other win in my 36 year history of rooting for Mizzou basketball was more satisfying than the one our kids earned tonight. Thirty-and-four. School record. Big XII Champions. Forever.

Did you hear the chant, Chuck Neinas? "SEC! SEC! SEC!"

Did you hear Kim English, Bill Self? "Kansas City is Missouri’s town. MISSOURI’S town."

Die, Beakers. Enjoy your #1 in Phoenix. We’ll take our chances as a #2 in St. Louis.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Mizzou

Post by War Wagon »

crap, missed this earlier.

"KCMO is OUR City, no one elses"

Kimmie English, adopted True Son
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Re: Mizzou

Post by M2 »

War Wagon wrote:crap, missed this earlier.

"KCMO is OUR City, no one elses"

Kimmie English, adopted True Son

How on earth can you post a thread 1/4 hour after a similar Mizzery thread and not know about it ???

Kansas City folk... deserve the SEC.

Unreal.