Let's play "badass or dumbass" [g]

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Let's play "badass or dumbass" [g]

Post by R-Jack »

So last night I'm playing hoops last night with a couple of friends and a tribe of Filipinos. Nice guys, but playing with flips guarantees two things. First, all the on court chatter is total gibberish. Now I know how Euros in the NBA and white guys in Oakland feel. Second, Filipinos play either real hard or real lazy. Half of them are very aggressive. Some are actually real good players. The other half don't play defense or just stand at half court waiting for an outlet for an easy layup. Thankfully I'm tall and quick so I've been able to get down to the other end and remind these cherry pickers that it's not supposed to be this easy by swatting either them or the ball away.

Anyway, back to the game in the thread title. I was playing last night with these motherfuckers and in the process of fighting for a rebound I get bumped in the air. Nothing wrong with the contact, but it caught me off guard. Off enough to take my eye off the ball in the air and it lands straight on my pinky. It felt like my finger exploded so I knew something was wrong. I looked down and saw that my finger was dislocated. It actually looked like this........................

We had just started the last game before the gym closed and anyone that could come in and sub for me had already left. The pain was shooting through that little digit. I sure as fuck wasn't going to stand there in pain if I could do something about it. I sucked it up and tried to pop that little fucker back into place. Bend that dangling piece over, try to re-align the bones and presto, a sort of normal looking pinky. Now the pain was downgraded to getting head from a wolverine.

This is where the question of "badass or dumbass" comes into play. Since there was no one to come in for me, I decided to play on. I figured that it was going to hurt like hell either way when I got home and it was my left so I could play with my right side like I normally do. One guy looked at me like I was either god or the devil for deciding to play on. Gotta say, it felt like a pretty badass thing to do at the time..........

................not so sure this morning. After a night of heavy ice, heavy Advil and heavy beer, the pinky has swollen up to the size of my thumb and the color of the skin is a nice shade of bruise. I can type with my pinky up, so I'm able to get some work at home done today, but everything else that I would use my left for fucking hurts. I am using my left as gingerly today as H4ever uses his words whilst dining with his cunt wife.

If it helps with your assessment of the situation, yes, I was playing in my wolf shirt.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Let's play "badass or dumbass" [g]

Post by R-Jack »

Didn't make one. Didn't think I need one.

Of course I was just reminded the hard way that I wipe my ass with my left hand. That was no fun. I think I'll make a phone call.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

R-Jack wrote:Of course I was just reminded the hard way that I wipe my ass with my left hand.
Gee, Hadji, I use toilet paper. But maybe that's just me.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Is that your jerk hand?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

R-Jack wrote: Of course I was just reminded the hard way that I wipe my ass with my left hand.
Unless you're PSU, this is a problem. You're badass if you scored 20 and dunked with a broken pinky.
But you're more likely a dumbass since broken/disfigured digits pretty much take forever to heal.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Jsc810 wrote:Get it checked out.
Right. And make sure you go to a clinic. <-- :?
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

DO NOT take medical advice from Chip.

And rack Goober.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Ouch.

Better you than me.

Why is it you get way more fukked up playing an alleged non-contact sport than football?

I'd say hanging in there and showing those little pinoi mudderpuckers how much of a badass you are didn't make things any worse. If you were able to pop it back in, just splint the fukker and OD on motrin/liquor. Not much point in having a doc see it other than maybe getting an upgrade on the motrin.

Dumbass on the court would be what I did a couple years back. Showed up at the monday night old fukkers pickup game at the local middle school a bit late. Jogged out onto the court without a lick of warmup. Not a minute into the game I make a quick move to intercept a pass.

POP!!!!!!

Calf muscles ain't 'sposed to do that, are they?

I did make the steal and hobbled down the court for the uncontested layup, which I guess gives me minor badass cred. Then I grabbed my jacket, said see ya and limped my old ass out to the car.

I then compounded dumbass move one with not following proper RICE protocol. The next day my entire left foot was swollen and purple. After a bit of reading about how you can get dead from leg blood clots, I hobbled down to the ER for a leg ultrasound by a half decent MILF. That was kinda cool. Having fluid issues in that leg for maybe 6 months afterwards....not so much.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

jiminphilly wrote:But you're more likely a dumbass
ding ding ding................we have a winner

Playing after I popped it back didn't do any damage, but I occured a minor break playing Hawkeye Pierce and restetting the digit myself.

Fuck it. I'll be playing again in a week.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Two in the pink

One (fucked up, mangled digit) in the stink
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Rjadhusker wrote:Thankfully I'm tall and quick...
Stop tormenting Van with your spam.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Quick? Yes. Tall...not so much.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Van wrote:Tall...not so much.
R-Jack wrote: Filipinos.
My height is really a matter of perspective.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

R-Jack wrote:
So, what yer sayin' is you're in excess of 5'5'?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Jack, since you are around flips somewhat regularly, have you noticed how fukking aggressive these little fukks have become since Pacman came on the scene?

One of these motherfukkers gets a little run in the boxing world and they're all walking around with their chests puffed out!!!! I work with one. And my best friend, well, was best friend till he dropped dead two years ago, was a pinoi. And both of these fukkers are/were huge Paciao fans.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

R-Jack wrote:
I was describing myself. You're plenty tall.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

R-Jack wrote: Image
Let me guess, it hasn't stopped you from finger banging your prepubescent daughter.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

as soon as i stopped playing hoops at the rec center, I started getting fat. the trade off is I don't come home with jammed fingers from going after rebounds.

I think I'd rather had the messed up fingers. can I restore my gut to a previous decade?
why is my neighborhood on fire
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I was 6'2 (back injuries and years have that down to about 6'1 these days) above-the-rim dunk it white boy point guard...

I don't play hoops no more. I'm trying to think of parts I didn't bust.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Toddowen wrote:About the worst incident of pain I recall was getting bashed right to the grill by a hard thrown pass that I didn't see. This happened right as a time-out was called, and I then had to stand there and listen to coach. I don't know if he called the TO for my sake, but half the talk seemed to be about me blocking out the pain and putting the game face back on. He just stood there looking me in the eye and said something along the lines of- "You're not some little girl ready to bust out into tears, now. Are you?"

By far the best coach I've ever had. He taught so much more than game fundamentals. He worked us all like a marine drill sergeant, but got more out of us than we ever thought we were capable of.
Toejam gets around.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Flip males are always posing even before Manny P became known. You did the correct thing by yanking the finger out and letting it reset. They isolated the injury by taping the 2 digits together. I'm guessing they gave you anti-inflammatory meds and told you to keep your jerking hand above the level of your heart to help keep the swelling down.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Pretty much. The swelling went down to the point of only looking like a jammed digit as opposed to a third thumb. I'll just tape it up the next few weeks when I play hoops and work out.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Atomic Punk wrote:Flip males are always posing even before Manny P became known. You did the correct thing by yanking the finger out and letting it reset. They isolated the injury by taping the 2 digits together. I'm guessing they gave you anti-inflammatory meds and told you to keep your jerking hand above the level of your heart to help keep the swelling down.
Yeah, pinois have always been cocky little roosters, but, the Pacman has given them reason to up their crowing to the next level.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Python wrote:DO NOT take medical advice from Chip.

And rack Goober.
Dammit, Py. You're gonna have Felix in here any minute...

R-Jack, you passed up a perfect opportunity to teach the Flips about "hey, pull my finger".
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..