Franklin Graham Covers Himself with Santorum

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: Franklin Graham Covers Himself with Santorum

Post by Felix »

shale oil? seriously? first, you should understand the difference between oil deposits and RECOVERABLE oil deposits....I know that the shills at the daily reckoning would like you to believe there is eleventy gazillion barrels of shale oil in the large formations here in the United States, but a relatively small percentage of that is considered to be "recoverable oil"....don't fall for their sales pitch and stay away from shale oil futures....

there are plenty of areas that are currently available for shale oil production but for some reason the oil companies aren't pursuing those production areas that vigorously.....want to take a guess why?

and no, it has nothing to do with the environmental impacts of shale oil production (although some of the nasty things that result from shale oil mining are acid drainage caused by the exposure and oxidation of materials that were formerly buried, mercury which tends to leech into surface-water and groundwater, erosion, sulfur-gas, not to mention the air pollution caused by particulates which are created during processing and transport).....

no, the reason is economics....next
most geologists believe there is somewhere between 3.7 and 13 billion barrels of recoverable oil in ANWR...so lets say for the sake of argument there are 10 billion barrels....the United States imports about 11.8 million barrels of oil a day, which accounts for about 48% of the US domestic oil use......so, with some simple calculations, the 10 billion barrels would supplant imported oil for all of 2.3 years IF we had exclusive use....but as I pointed out, we don't have a nationalized oil company, so that oil would be offered on the open market....unless of course, you're implying the US government should seize control of that oil (fuggin communist).....next

There's more oil in the state of Colorado than the entire Middle East.
ah, but that pesky "costs a lot of money to extract it" monkey wrench in the works comes into play again.....and where do you think the massive amounts of water needed for the process of shale oil extraction is going to come from in a state where water is a highly prized commodity?

oh and btw, don't think that a barrel of shale oil is equivalent to a barrel of sweet crude, because it's not.....not even close...

next....
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Quite familiar with the numbers.

And you're doing a fine job toeing the lefty line.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Nice capitulation.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

I have a feeling I'll be voting for my dog again this election.

It's either that, or Pavlov's dog. :/
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Ana Ng wrote:I have a feeling I'll be voting for my dog again this election.

:drool:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:most geologists believe there is somewhere between 3.7 and 13 billion barrels of recoverable oil in ANWR...so lets say for the sake of argument there are 10 billion barrels....the United States imports about 11.8 million barrels of oil a day, which accounts for about 48% of the US domestic oil use......so, with some simple calculations, the 10 billion barrels would supplant imported oil for all of 2.3 years IF we had exclusive use....but as I pointed out, we don't have a nationalized oil company, so that oil would be offered on the open market....unless of course, you're implying the US government should seize control of that oil (fuggin communist).....next
You hear this take a lot...from idiots. They (stupid people) use it all the time on each individual project as it comes up as if, unless the deposit is large enough to run our country for an infinite period of time, there is no point in drilling it. Now this is a rock solid take, if you are a total fucking dumbass.

You still don't know why we should drill those 10 billion barrels, feelsdix? Since you are a mental cripple, I'll help you out: Oil sells for $100 a barrel. Any lights coming on?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

mvscal wrote: You still don't know why we should drill those 10 billion barrels, feelsdix? Since you are a mental cripple, I'll help you out: Oil sells for $100 a barrel. Any lights coming on?
So your government should allow drilling in ANWR because oil is $100 a barrel and Joe Lunchbox may need a break at the pumps?

You are fucking dumber than Feeldix. Certified, accredited, fucking weapons-grade dumber.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Martyred wrote:So your government should allow drilling in ANWR because oil is $100 a barrel and Joe Lunchbox may need a break at the pumps?

You are fucking dumber than Feeldix. Certified, accredited, fucking weapons-grade dumber.
Yeah. Who needs $1 trillion dollars of private sector economic activity these days? It's just such a bother to create all the jobs to support this project or collect all the tax revenue it will generate.

Let's fuel our vehicles with hope and change! I hear our stupid, cymbal-clacking, affirmative action chimp in chief has some great ideas about magic algae! Gee it will only take about forty years and to get it to market, so I guess we can all walk till then, right?

Good job kicking your own ass, martard.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote: Let's fuel our vehicles with hope and change!
We're not running out of fossil fuels, Felchco-Lite.

Hey everybody! As soon as ANWR oil starts flowing, gas prices will drop, 'cause this is America and that's our oil! Weeee!!!!

You fucking dullard.
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Martyred wrote:Hey everybody! As soon as ANWR oil starts flowing, gas prices will drop, 'cause this is America and that's our oil! Weeee!!!!

You fucking dullard.
I didn't say anything about gas prices, dipshit. There's a trillion dollars just sitting there. What are we supposed to do? Just leave it in the ground?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote: I didn't say shit about gas prices, dipshit.
No, but that's what you meant. Don't lie.
mvscal wrote:...we...
Who's this "we" you speak of? Is there a mouse in your pocket?

Ohhhh...I get it...the idea of the nation-state in service to all it's inhabitants for the greater good.

How quaint. Just like a Sprint commercial or McDonalds ad campaign...shots of the dawn breaking over a corn field and Old Farmer Tucker wiping the sweat off his creased and dusty brow.

:meds:

Say hello to 1956 for me.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Since you are a mental cripple, I'll help you out: Oil sells for $100 a barrel. Any lights coming on?
and what light am I supposed to see....oil is expensive and it's going to stay that way...OPEC dictates oil prices, and there ain't a fuck of a lot we can do about it....but if you feel you can make a case on the economics of exactly how increases in production from the US is going to LOWER OIL PRICES, by all means, make it (remember, oil drilled in the US competes on the OPEN MARKET)....

be sure and turn the lights out when your through.....
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Since you are a mental cripple, I'll help you out: Oil sells for $100 a barrel. Any lights coming on?
and what light am I supposed to see....
What you're supposed to see is $1 trillion dollars in economic activity, you assfucked simpleton.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
What you're supposed to see is $1 trillion dollars in economic activity, you assfucked simpleton.

wow, a trillion dollars in economic activity!!!!!! that's a lot of money....and who exactly would all of this "economic activity" ultimately benefit?

lets take a look at that in terms of how much money the US government would receive from that.....in 2010, the US produced about 1,970,000 billion barrels of oil for the year, or about 2 trillion in gross economic potential....want to take a guess at how much the US government received from those leases......about 10 billion dollars.....

so yeah, somebody would benefit, but certainly not the US government....any guesses as to who the big winners would be?

and the question remains: exactly how is this going to lower oil prices?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:

wow, a trillion dollars in economic activity!!!!!! that's a lot of money....and who exactly would all of this "economic activity" ultimately benefit?

lets take a look at that in terms of how much money the US government would receive from that.....in 2010, the US produced about 1,970,000 billion barrels of oil for the year, or about 2 trillion in gross economic potential....want to take a guess at how much the US government received from those leases......about 10 billion dollars.....

so yeah, somebody would benefit, but certainly not the US government....any guesses as to who the big winners would be?

and the question remains: exactly how is this going to lower oil prices?
guess what, feelsdix.

that earl doesn't pump/transport/refine itself. quite a few thousand people would have real jobs as a result. they would all pay taxes and generate further activity. as opposed to algae and PV cells.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote: that earl doesn't pump/transport/refine itself. quite a few thousand people would have real jobs as a result. they would all pay taxes and generate further activity. as opposed to algae and PV cells.
quite a few thousand????
holy shit, if 50,000 currently unemployed people were employed that would reduce unemployment by .39 of 1%!!!!! of course, if the permits were issued tomorrow, the absolute fucking fastest that any company could hope to start drilling under absolute ideal (no chance) conditions would be 5 years.....

why have the oil companies let almost 7,200 permits issued for oil exploration on public lands just sit there idle, while they scream about being shut out of drilling on public lands.....

that aside, how would an increase in production lower domestic oil prices? it won't...so when the screeches are complaining about the price of gasoline being expensive, remember that there's not much the president, congress, or anybody else can do about it.....

anybody that tells you different is fucking lying to you....
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
smackaholic wrote: that earl doesn't pump/transport/refine itself. quite a few thousand people would have real jobs as a result. they would all pay taxes and generate further activity. as opposed to algae and PV cells.
quite a few thousand????
holy shit, if 50,000 currently unemployed people were employed that would reduce unemployment by .39 of 1%!!!!! of course, if the permits were issued tomorrow, the absolute fucking fastest that any company could hope to start drilling under absolute ideal (no chance) conditions would be 5 years.....
Is that supposed to be an argument for not drilling and employing 50,000 people? If it's going to take five years, then I guess we had better get busy, right?

You act like this going to cost you something.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Is that supposed to be an argument for not drilling and employing 50,000 people? If it's going to take five years, then I guess we had better get busy, right?

You act like this going to cost you something.
I'm not arguing that we shouldn't explore for new sources of oil, but find it a little disingenuous that oil companies are currently sitting on almost 7,200 drilling permits issued on public lands and haven't bothered to utilize them, all the while stirring up this frenzy that we simply have got to let them open new areas like ANWR which will surely result in the United States being less dependent on foreign oil and reduce prices....

it's straight up horseshit.....the current administration has issued more permits for oil exploration in the last three years, than the Bush administration issued in the last three years of his presidency....the current administration had issued quite a few permits for exploration of off-shore drilling, but then BP came along and fucked it up....the public was outraged, so they've dialed those permits back...but once the dust settles, they'll be issuing more....but that's never good enough....sometimes I think the only thing that would satisfy some people was if there was an oil derrick on every street corner, and then they'd complain about how those derricks blocked their views of the countryside....

as I said there are only two ways to reduce the prices....increase production significantly (we don't have enough oil in this country to have a measurable effect on supply), or reduce demand....most conservatives spend their days thinking up new ways to say that alternative energy sources are stupid, therefore there's no reason to pursue them, so we're essentially stuck....

opening drilling in ANWR is not going to alter the cost of oil, but no doubt would benefit the oil companies tremendously....you act like you've got some sort of stake in this....
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

KC Scott wrote: Oil and Gas are now our largest export: http://www.usatoday.com/money/industrie ... 52298812/1
Not exactly correct. We are still a net importer of oil, by a wide margin. We're exporting oil products (refiined fuels like gasoline, diesel, etc.). It may seem like splitting hairs, but there's a big difference there.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

True story: In 2010, in my Congressional District, I had a choice between the incumbent, a lapdog for big business, who, as it turned out, had to later resign when he took AP's lead and took a picture of himself in a mirror, shirtless, and posted it on Craigslist (he also referred to himself as a 39-year-old divorced lobbyist; the fib about his age aside, maybe he was predicting the future, but I digress), or a career politician running only as a placeholder who I didn't even know was running until two weeks before the election (and I'm fairly active in local Democratic politics). Faced with that choice, I decided to write in myself.

Of course, 2010 was the first year New York went to the new optical scan ballots in response to HAVA, and I was not sure exactly how the write-in process worked. So I discreetly had to ask one of the bluehairs working the polls how to do a write-in vote.

My daughter, then five years old, already has been bitten a little by the political bug, and she likes to go with me to vote. She sees me writing in myself, then asks, very loudly, "Daddy, why are you writing your name on your ballot?" I couldn't get out of there quickly enough.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

BSmack wrote:
Van wrote:BSmack, you're proud to be an American, yet you would be embarrassed to be a Republican...
I absolutely would be ashamed to be a Republican. Their platform as articulated by their candidates is insane. Attacking birth control? Are you kidding me? Going on about deficit control while insinuating a war with Iran is inevitable? An energy policy that can be summed up with the words "drill baby drill?"

Let's face it, Obama has Jedi mind fucked the GOP utterly and completely to the point where the only positions they can occupy to the right of him are the stupid crazy positions. Shit, they are even Obama's bitches on TAXES. Did you ever think that in 2012 the GOP would be running scared from Obama on the issue of TAXES?
Let's not forget, Obama also came up with a proposal to try to make college education more affordable for Americans. The Republican response, at least as articulated by their current Presidential frontrunner, was essentially "the world needs ditch diggers too."

If I were Obama at this point, I might be inclined to start spouting off a few Marcus Allen-isms, such as "the sun rises in the east," "water is wet," and "grass is green," if only to see the Republicans twist themselves into knots trying to refute those points.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: Let's not forget, Obama also came up with a proposal to try to make college education more affordable for Americans. The Republican response, at least as articulated by their current Presidential frontrunner, was essentially "the world needs ditch diggers too."

santorum-"President Obama has said he wants everybody in America to go to college (pause for effect) what a snob"

pretty snobbish wanting the opportunity for more people to better themselves......

santorum is weapons grade stupid.....
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

^^^^^^^

Liberal love in and circle jerk this morning on T1B..

Felix..TIC and B Monica all towing the party line fawning over Onogger..snobbish ? Obongo sticks that chin out and tilts his head back as he looks down on anyone who does not share his views.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Derron wrote: Obongo sticks that chin out and tilts his head back.

Yep, that there is definite proof of snobbery.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

The Keystone Pipeline is a sick joke by the plutocrat billionaires. The oil is so foul and costly to produce from those mountains of tar that the thought of developing it at all was unthinkable even under the Mordor sensibilities of Cheney--an avowed oil man.

That the Koch brothers have pumped hundreds of millions of dollars into the entirely fake Climate Change Denial movement should in itself provide all the proper scrutiny and disdain necessary for this fiasco.

The "job creation" chant is of course total bullshit. A few thousand temporary (non-union) jobs will be created to lay the pipe, but that's about it. Of course the emergency clean-up crews will be busy--if the past several years are any indication. Why? Because with the GOP-led stripping of regulations on pipeline safety standards, all sorts of serious ruptures spills have been taking place all over the country. Did you know that over twenty workers died last year in pipeline accidents--from leaks and ruptures?

As for the glut of oil currently bogging down the profit model of the giant oil companies, well maybe they should start pumping those RECORD PROFITS into the future, not the past. And the future is renewable energy, period.

That Bill Clinton should whore out and endorse this monstrosity is typical of the sociopath rapist who also signed off on NAFTA, and eliminating the Glass-Steagall act (and pardoning the money man of the Russian/Israeli mob, Marc Rich).

Good job, Felix, in slapping about the potty-mouth robot, Mall Cop. 8)
Last edited by LTS TRN 2 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Before God was, I am
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Nick wrote:the Mordor sensibilities of Cheney
:lol:

:applause:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

[quote="]Derron]fawning over [/quote]

you're not paying attention are you? i've said numerous times i don't like much of what obama is doing.....but to call him a snob because he wants people to attend college is stupid....

"As president, I'm going to do my level best to discourage people from going to college"
so that's the platform you want to push?

they might as well just hand obama the keys for four more years and save time, money, and further humiliation.....no wonder our country is fucked two ways to sunday
SG's Son
Has BODE

Post by SG's Son »

Felix wrote:[quote="]Derron]fawning over

you're not paying attention are you? i've said numerous times i don't like much of what obama is doing.....but to call him a snob because he wants people to attend college is stupid....

[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

THAT's not why he is a snob. Just look at this picture...

This picture TELLS me he is an uppity negro.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Let's not forget, Obama also came up with a proposal to try to make college education more affordable for Americans.
And how is he going to do that? By spending even more of other peoples' money? What part of 15 trillion dollars in debt are you struggling to comprehend?

Dumbfuck
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

When Santorum said he didn't want more Americans to go to college he was just trying to raise the number of republican voters.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: By spending even more of other peoples' money?
better he spend it making college more affordable for lower income people than letting millionaires/billionaires steal it from us and get nothing in return and nobody held accountable......
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:better he spend it making college more affordable for lower income people than letting millionaires/billionaires steal it from us and get nothing in return and nobody held accountable......
My goodness. Tell us, feelsdix, what have these evil millionaires/billionaires stolen from you? Please itemize the list of stolen goods and/or amount of money pilfered.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: what have these evil millionaires/billionaires stolen from you? Please itemize the list of stolen goods and/or amount of money pilfered.
they haven't just stolen it from me, they've stolen it from all of us....but you want a starting point....here, read Tom Colburn's report for starters.....

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public//in ... 4fdd6a5e1f

then if you want, we can talk about oil company subsidies and ridiculous tax breaks they receive....all of which throws us further down into the rabbit hole, yet you think subsidizing college education is a waste of money.....

dude, your priorities are seriously fucked up....
Last edited by Felix on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:My daughter, then five years old, already has been bitten a little by the political bug, and she likes to go with me to vote. She sees me writing in myself, then asks, very loudly, "Daddy, why are you writing your name on your ballot?"
She can’t be more than a dozen years away from standing on a street corner screaming at random dudes entering a strip club.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote: what have these evil millionaires/billionaires stolen from you? Please itemize the list of stolen goods and/or amount of money pilfered.
they haven't just stolen it from me, they've stolen it from all of us....but you want a starting point....here, read Tom Colburn's report for starters.....

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public//in ... 4fdd6a5e1f

then if you want, we can talk about oil company subsidies and ridiculous tax breaks they receive....all of which throws us further down into the rabbit hole,
When have I ever supported subsidies of any kind? In any event, that isn't theft. You claimed that things were STOLEN from YOU personally.
yet you think subsidizing college education is a waste of money.....
Of course it's a waste of money and, ironically, it has made it even more difficult to obtain to a college education. People are taking on astronomical levels of debt to obtain a degree that is essentially worthless. The days of working yourself through college and emerging with a degree and a minimal amount of debt are long gone thanks to the federal govt and well intentioned morons like you.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:You claimed that things were STOLEN from YOU personally.
really? where did I say that....here, let me pull the quote again just to make sure......
Felix wrote:than letting millionaires/billionaires steal it from us
help me out here hoss.....I can't see wherein I said they were stealing directly from me (although pilfering the money I pay in taxes is pretty much stealing directly from me)......reading comprehension giving you trouble?
Of course it's a waste of money and, ironically, it has made it even more difficult to obtain to a college education. People are taking on astronomical levels of debt to obtain a degree that is essentially worthless.
college degrees are worthless? without a college degree they wouldn't let you in the door of about 90% of most businesses, let alone consider you for employment....
"so where did you receive your medical degree from?"

"oh I don't have a degree, everything I know I learned via the school of hard knocks"

"uh okay, thanks for your time"
"so you think you want to pursue a career in environmental engineering?"
"yes sir"
"so where did you get your degree from"
"I don't have a degree"
"next"
"so what do you think you can bring to our architectural firm"
"well, I helped build a building once"
"and where did you study architecture?"
"oh I never studied architecture, but if you just give me a chance I know I could do some amazing things"
"get out of my office"
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:college degrees are worthless?
Pretty much, yep. There are some few professional degrees that are deemed necessary but, for the most part, a bachelor's degree is useless and rarely worth the crushing burden of debt needed to finance one these days. Why take $50-100 thousand in debt to get a job that doesn't even earn $40K a year? Or even worse why shift the burden of that debt to the public? Do we really need more journalism or gender studies majors? Is that really a wise expenditure of public funds?

In any event, why would we want or even need everyone to go to college?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:Why take $50-100 thousand in debt to get a job that doesn't even earn $40K a year?
yeah wtf, this country is in the shithole so why even try and do anything about it....lets just hope they can come up with like 3,000,000 jobs for people redirecting traffic for road projects....er scratch that, we won't have any money for road projects....maybe they can build like 1,500,000 Mcdonalds, 2,000,000 burger kings, etc. so that there will be jobs paying low enough wages for people to qualify for food stamps.....but there won't be any food stamps, because there won't be enough taxes to support those type subsidies....and, nobody will be able to afford a big mac meal, so scratch that....
In any event, why would we want or even need everyone to go to college?
because the companies in the country are shipping jobs out of here as quickly as they can pack up their gear....having college educated people may be our only saving grace....but what the fuck do you care, another day, another 20,000 people laid off....just wait til the banks start dumping their toxic assets back on the market....you think things were bad, you haven't seen bad by a long shot.....
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Anyone in this forum seriously believe that Andrew Breitbart just drops dead outside a restaurant?

At the c pac conference, he says that explosive videos of President Obama will be released in just a couple weeks, and they will be damming to his re-election, SO, it begs the question? Now that Breitbart is dead, who is in possession of these videos?

And, did a left wing operative slip something in Breitbart's drink at the restaurant?
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.