How will Wisky ever replace Russelll Wilson?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

How will Wisky ever replace Russelll Wilson?

Post by Goober McTuber »

Madison - If former Maryland quarterback Danny O'Brien eventually transfers to Wisconsin, the UW staff should send a note of thanks to Terrapins coach Randy Edsall.

Although Maryland officials Monday released O'Brien from his scholarship so he can sign with another school, they reportedly excluded Vanderbilt from that list.

That move would mean O'Brien could not receive athletic aid at Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt head coach James Franklin was the offensive coordinator at Maryland under then-head coach Ralph Friedgen in 2010, O'Brien's redshirt freshman season.

According to the Baltimore Sun, O'Brien's list of schools includes UW, Michigan State, Stanford and Vanderbilt.

O'Brien reportedly is on track to graduate in the spring and would be eligible to play immediately in 2012, just as Russell Wilson did at UW last season after transferring from North Carolina State.

O'Brien would have two seasons of eligibility remaining but, according to a college football source, he has yet to contact UW. The Badgers, however, expect to have a scholarship available if needed.

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound O'Brien was named a freshman All-American by the Football Writers' Association of America in 2010.

He went 7-3 as a starter and was named the Atlantic Coast Conference rookie of the year after passing for 2,438 yards, with 22 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

His efficiency rating of 134.5 was fourth in the ACC, fifth nationally among Bowl Subdivision freshmen and 45th overall nationally.

O'Brien struggled last season under new offensive coordinator Gary Crowton, who was fired after the Terps finished 2-10.

O'Brien passed for 1,648 yards in nine games, with 10 interceptions and seven touchdowns. He eventually lost his starting job and saw his season end when he suffered a broken bone in his non-throwing arm on Nov. 12 in a loss to Notre Dame.

UW will enter spring practice with more questions than answers at quarterback.

Joe Brennan played in six games last season as Wilson's backup and completed six of 15 passes for 48 yards.

Joel Stave, a talented walk-on from Whitnall High School, will be a redshirt freshman next season.

Jon Budmayr (elbow) and Curt Phillips (knee) are question marks because of persistent injury issues.

Perhaps the biggest advantage UW has over the other teams on O'Brien's list is the success Wilson enjoyed in his one season in Madison.

Wilson led UW to the Big Ten championship and a berth in the Rose Bowl. He passed for 3,175 yards and 33 touchdowns with only four interceptions as UW finished 11-3.

Although UW coach Bret Bielema had to replace his entire offensive staff after the Rose Bowl, the Badgers will feature a pro-style offense that meshes with O'Brien's skills and goals.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: How will Wisky ever replace Russelll Wilson?

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I saw some Maryland games last year. That dude sucks. Please go to Madison, young man. Michigan State doesn't want or need you.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I saw some Maryland games last year. That dude sucks. Please go to Madison, young man. Michigan State doesn't want or need you.
Yes, but did you watch any of O'Brien's games when he was 2010 ACC Rookie of the Year? I didn't think so. You should, rightfully, be worried if O'Brien ends up in Madison. His performance was an anomaly this year because MD was so fucking bad on all levels. I'm talking record breaking bad. Especially on a, say, national title contending team like Wisky, I don't see why he can't regain his ROY form.

Seems like every day that passes exposes Randy Edsall for being an even bigger idiot. Prevent the kids from playing at Vandy because the old OC is there? Who gives a fuck? They aren't even in the ACC.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Keep feeding Ball the rock, that's how Wisky wins next year.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I saw some Maryland games last year. That dude sucks. Please go to Madison, young man. Michigan State doesn't want or need you.
Yes, but did you watch any of O'Brien's games when he was 2010 ACC Rookie of the Year? I didn't think so. You should, rightfully, be worried if O'Brien ends up in Madison. His performance was an anomaly this year because MD was so fucking bad on all levels. I'm talking record breaking bad. Especially on a, say, national title contending team like Wisky, I don't see why he can't regain his ROY form.

Seems like every day that passes exposes Randy Edsall for being an even bigger idiot. Prevent the kids from playing at Vandy because the old OC is there? Who gives a fuck? They aren't even in the ACC.
Part of O'Brien's problem was a new OC who promptly got himself fired for his part in a 2-10 record. I'd take a shot on the kid, considering what we got.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

It doesn't matter who lines up under center. Wisky's coach will find a way to Bielema it up in the big games.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

WolverineSteve wrote:Wisky's coach will find a way to Bielema it up in the big games.
Which I'm sure, will somehow turn out to be Urban Meyer's fault. :lol:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Yes, but did you watch any of O'Brien's games when he was 2010 ACC Rookie of the Year? I didn't think so. You should, rightfully, be worried if O'Brien ends up in Madison. His performance was an anomaly this year because MD was so fucking bad on all levels.
How in the fuck would you know it was an "anomaly?" You're only going off a sample size of two years.

I guess if Wisky can't recruit and develop QBs, then O'Brien probably is their best option.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Part of O'Brien's problem was a new OC who promptly got himself fired for his part in a 2-10 record. I'd take a shot on the kid, considering what we got.
Gary Crowton has run some pretty damn potent offenses in his career.
But they weren't pro-style offenses, which is what O'Brien is supposedly suited for.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Andrew Luck has a year of eligibility left.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:Andrew Luck has a year of eligibility left.
So does a slightly better quarterback at Baylor.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Both.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Goober, practically nobody has RGIII rated as a better pro prospect than Luck.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

So you're calling me a nobody? I happen to think he might be better suited to the pro game than Luck. Time will tell. Mind you, I'm not suggesting that either of them could be the second coming of Tebow, but I think they'll both be pretty good.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Have you watched the Super Bowl over the past decade? Not a whole lotta Michael Vick types showing up there. Pretty much, it's all Andrew Luck types. RGIII is more of a pro-style pocket passer than Vick was coming out of college, but he's not considered to be the prototypical pocket-passer-with-decent-wheels that Luck is, at least not by the vast majority of people who judge these things for a living.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

A lot of what I've heard says RGIII throws a better deep ball, and at least one GM prefers him over Luck. Probably the same GM thart chose Ryan Leaf, but still. This stuff is never cut and dried, and I think RGIII will have the better career. I'll expect your mea culpa sometime in 2028.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Why would you need my mea culpa? I'm not a draft expert. If you'll want a mea culpa, it should be from all the Todd McSheas, Mel Kipers and other assorted 'draft experts' of the world, along with most of the NFL's GMs. I'm just telling you what they're all saying.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Thanks, but I'll just wait till Dinsdale weighs in on this, take the opposite viewpoint, and I'm golden.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:Thanks, but I'll just wait till Dinsdale YaFJ weighs in on this, take the opposite viewpoint, and I'm golden.
Wise strategy.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Thanks, but I'll just wait till Dinsdale YaFJ weighs in on this, take the opposite viewpoint, and I'm golden.
Wise strategy.
I don’t know. I’d go YaFJ on game results, but Dinsdale’s got a track record (that even he acknowledges) when it comes to draft picks.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

everyone is dead set scared of the sleeping giant that is Vanderbilt football. straight up, yo.

SEC baby.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

If Stanford can do it, why not Vandy too?

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Thanks for the acknowledgement of my superior reverse-prognosticating skills.

On Luck and RGIII -- I have no idea. I'm leaning towards Luck possibly being good, so keep that in mind.

I do however see Derron Thomas as an unmitigated disaster, so he's worthy of a 1st round pick on his way to the HoF.

And remember -- RGIII won a Heisman, so his odds of being a decent NFL QB are almost nil.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one