It's nice to see Bo Ryan frown....

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Mace
Eternal Scobode

It's nice to see Bo Ryan frown....

Post by Mace »

....oh wait, he's always frowning. Great road win for Iowa against Wisconsin. Things are looking up for Iowa basketball but they're probably a couple of years away from being relevant. Great recruiting class coming in next fall, one with some size for a change, and it's definitely easier to watch these guys than during the Lickliter era.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Re: It's nice to see Bo Ryan frown....

Post by FLW Buckeye »

"I blame the mascot, cheerleaders, and the band for going to the Pasadena and abandoning us in our hour of need."

sin
Bo Cryin' Ryan
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Loved it, Mace. Not to take any credit away from Iowa, but man, Wisky's offense is just brutal to watch. Way too reliant on the 3. Passing the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock hits 4 then jacking a 3 is pretty much their offensive philosophy, so when they go 2-346 like they did today, they probably aren't going to beat anybody.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I agree about the Badger offense and thought that Iowa defended the 3 pointer pretty well yesterday. Good game plan by McCaffery and the most defensive intensity I've seen so far this season. The Hawks needed a good road win to make up for the home loss to Purdue. They won't contend for the conference title this year but I'm hoping they can find their way to the middle of the pack this season and build on that for next season when they get some size on the roster. Wishful thinking, I know, but hopefully it's realistic.